State Farm Intern Interview Questions

2.4

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm in April 2010.

I interviewed for an internship with State Farm at their corporate center in Duluth, GA in March 2010. I was first sent an email telling me that I landed the interview. The email consisted of a list of 3 topics and told me to prepare a 5 min presentation about 1and to present it during my interview next week. At the office, the interview first consisted of completing an intelligence test and then a behavioral test. They were both very easy and straightforward. After that I meet with 2 HR reps in a conference room where I presented my topic to them. After that there was a 2 on 1 interview with them. The interview was easy, mostly "tell me a time when you..." questions. After 2 weeks you receive a call or email telling you if you get the job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you had to convince someone of your point of view.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellbrook, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellbrook, OH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm in April 2010.

Had a general phone interview and was then invited to interview at the office. Interview consisted of Business Manager and Agent. Very relaxed and conversational. Be professional yet outgoing. The office was compact but clean and professional

Interview Questions
    The base pay was non negotiable but they were willing to discuss bonus levels

Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm in March 2009.

First applied online and was contacted shortly there after for a phone interview. After that I was instructed to take skills/ personality tests which consisted of basic questions. Those who recieved passing grades were later contacted for a 1:1 interview

None

Intern Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in April 2010.

Applied for the position on State Farm's website in early March. Did not hear from them until mid-April. Went in and took a logic and personaltiy test. Passed those then took a listening/typing skills test. Went in for the 1 on 1 interview a week later. Answered general questions about my background and a few past situational experiences. Told that I would hear from them in two weeks.

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm in May 2010.

Interview was with a few managers who were all extremely nice and personable. They asked me basic behavioral questions and then questions relating to my job function (making sure I would be able to perform the required duties).

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because I was happy with what they offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm in February 2010.

It was fairly simple. You go in to take a basic skills test that tells them you're qualified for the job and then you make an appointment for a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

It didn't work out time wise.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview was a phone panel - it was pretty casual and mostly went into what I wanted to do in the future and how I could help the department.

Non-negotiable.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Farm.

I had to go through a few rounds of testing, but it was mostly basic stuff and nothing to worry about. I had a phone interview with HR and then I was called into the office for a second round. 5 people interviewed me at once in the office and asked me behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary- no technical questions. They asked about leadership and communication skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

I was called after applying through my University's career services. Had an initial interview that had 2 personality type tests taken on the computer on location followed by a meeting with an HR representative. Very basic interview, mostly about past work history and behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...). The second interview was with three people, more of the same questions but it was more focused on customer service and communication.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Intern Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in January 2009.

applied online. got a phone call 1 week later setting up preemployment test. Passed the test and went on to have an interview that day. Very nice and approachable HR reps.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle an awkward situation with a fellow employee   Answer Question