State Farm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm (Duluth, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

I interviewed for an internship with State Farm at their corporate center in Duluth, GA in March 2010. I was first sent an email telling me that I landed the interview. The email consisted of a list of 3 topics and told me to prepare a 5 min presentation about 1and to present it during my interview next week. At the office, the interview first consisted of completing an intelligence test and then a behavioral test. They were both very easy and straightforward. After that I meet with 2 HR reps in a conference room where I presented my topic to them. After that there was a 2 on 1 interview with them. The interview was easy, mostly "tell me a time when you..." questions. After 2 weeks you receive a call or email telling you if you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to convince someone of your point of view.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

What do you think of your previous boss?
    - How would you feel about working for someone who knows less than you?
    - What salary range are you looking for at State Farm Insurance?
    - What quality of yours or personal trait matters the most in your career at State Farm Insurance?
    - What personal weakness has caused you the greatest difficulty in school or at work?
    - Give examples of steps taken to make each team member feel important.

Interview Questions

• d you have a strategic plan?
      - Describe a situation in which you had to collect information.
      - How important is it for you to have a career at State Farm Insurance?
      - Why do you want this job?
      - What's the most important thing you learned in school?
      - How did you assign priorities to jobs?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I submitted the application through my law school career services. I was excited because it was in Bloomington, where I went to school. I was contacted by phone and I set up an interview. When I got there, parking was extremely difficult to find and resulted in me being a tad late, even though I had arrived 30 minutes early. They interview you in two sessions, with two interviewers a piece. My first interview was very casual, but the second interview was a little tougher.

Interview Questions

• They ask very specific legal questions that I wasn't necessarily prepared for, which may have been my fault.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Go through the resume and check my knowledge about insurance industry. Then he gave a informational file and ask me to provide some improvements. Besides that, mention some useful suggestions to improve the sale in local.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in January 2009.

Interview

applied online. got a phone call 1 week later setting up preemployment test. Passed the test and went on to have an interview that day. Very nice and approachable HR reps.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an awkward situation with a fellow employee   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in January 2013.

Interview

Simple interview with two - three people at the facility. Questions about my projects, previous work experience, why I chose to work here, and also when I would be ready to start if I were offered. The most important thing I would say is be ready to support what you've worked on and how you were able to solve the problems that you did

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you've had to make in recent years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Champaign, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

all behavior questions. Not hard to answer. People are quite nice.It is a great place to do internship, you learn real experience and get real skills. It is a friendly working environment and people helps each other. Analyst are quite kind and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellbrook, OH

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Bellbrook, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

Had a general phone interview and was then invited to interview at the office. Interview consisted of Business Manager and Agent. Very relaxed and conversational. Be professional yet outgoing. The office was compact but clean and professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The base pay was non negotiable but they were willing to discuss bonus levels

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm in March 2009.

Interview

First applied online and was contacted shortly there after for a phone interview. After that I was instructed to take skills/ personality tests which consisted of basic questions. Those who recieved passing grades were later contacted for a 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in April 2010.

Interview

Applied for the position on State Farm's website in early March. Did not hear from them until mid-April. Went in and took a logic and personaltiy test. Passed those then took a listening/typing skills test. Went in for the 1 on 1 interview a week later. Answered general questions about my background and a few past situational experiences. Told that I would hear from them in two weeks.