State Farm

Email, HR round, Technical round

I just accepted offer.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at State Farm.

Received an interview by cold emailing. Process was very laid back. I simply visited the office and spoke to a few employees for about an hour. Mostly behaviorial questions and asked about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond in a situation in which a client was visibly and audibly upset?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Met the recruiter at the career fair. Applied online and got an e-mail invitation for an on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

I was called after applying through my University's career services. Had an initial interview that had 2 personality type tests taken on the computer on location followed by a meeting with an HR representative. Very basic interview, mostly about past work history and behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...). The second interview was with three people, more of the same questions but it was more focused on customer service and communication.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in January 2013.

Simple interview with two - three people at the facility. Questions about my projects, previous work experience, why I chose to work here, and also when I would be ready to start if I were offered. The most important thing I would say is be ready to support what you've worked on and how you were able to solve the problems that you did

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult thing you've had to make in recent years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

Applied for the position and received email that I had a phone interview. I did one phone interview with 3 people on the other end. The questions started with a run down of my resume and what classes I had taken. Then they asked simple behavioral questions to see how I would be working in a team.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was a simple economics question. I was asked what does elasticity mean.   View Answer
    I had no reason to negotiation and was more than happy with the hourly wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm in September 2011.

Pretty informal, a few questions in regards how I would go about doing things. Specially in hard situations. I was hired through a internship fair, so my hiring process was pretty unusual.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a Java class and a Java object?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in April 2011.

Applied online. A few weeks later received an email for an assessment test. Pretty straightforward as far as assessment tests go. Then had a 30 minute phone interview, but 15 of those minutes were discussing the job position. Interviewer was fairly casual and very friendly.

No negotiation occured.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in March 2011.

It was a very positive experience. Nice recruiter

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you helped someone when you weren't supposed to   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm in January 2011.

Posted Resume On Craigslist, State Farm Agent Called Me Needed A Bilingual Person ASAP. Hired.