State Farm Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

applied online a recruiter got back to me after a month to schedule a phone interview. Had the phone interview a week later.After 2 weeks face to face interview with 2 hiring managers. .They got back to me with an offer after 2 weeks. Contrary to what I always read I was not referred so I want to give hope to others who know no one in a company. Good things can happen. State Farm is a great company accepting offer. .

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? How you handled a challenge? Behavioural interview questions STAR. The interview was difficult as they were specific, they want detailed information of what you did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sell yourself make an impression, be confident Answer the question but also apply your knowledge about the role. We talked beyond the interview about so many concepts, methodologies etc..Just know your stuff..Pray and believe

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I am reviewing the HR phone screen portion of the interview. It was mostly standard fare, questions about my resume, my exam progress, my career aspirations, and my views of the company. My only knock on the experience was that it was rescheduled at the last moment and I ended up having it early on Christmas eve day, but the interviewer was courteous and professional. The online application can be daunting, but that's just the price of admission at large companies.

Interview Questions

• Have you passed all of your exams on your first sitting.?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I received a phone call from a scheduler, from State Farm, to set up a phone interview. The interview consisted of discussion about myself, my qualifications, and desired salary. The interview lasted for almost an hour. A Skype interview was to be set up, however they elected to fly me to Arizona.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Long, drawn out process. Learned after being hired that this is the way the office operates in general. Submitted resume beginning of August. Was hired October 30th. Totally depends on the Agent you are interviewing with.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm (Rochester, NY).

Interview

During the interview process I felt very relaxed. The employer was very nice and easy to speak with. The interview process was about an 1 hour long then I took a test on the computer for about 30 minutes.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

You had to do an online questionnaire and complete a test about your computer and typing skills. Phone interview asked background questions on resume, customer service questions. Be ready to tell a specific situation to answer some questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to turn a customer experience around? Describe your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Systems Analyst IIII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with a recruiting company. Then a full hour plus technical interview. Then they flew me in for an on site interview where I was to meet with several key managers. They don't tell you exactly what your job will be until you start.

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very personal. 1 phone interview, then 1 face-to-face. Many questions about goals, life and expectations. Very informal which I like. Mine consisted of a 20 minute phone call, then scheduled an appointment. My appointment interview took about 45 minutes and mainly felt like meeting a new person who was more like a friend than an employer.

Interview Questions

• Mainly personal and goal oriented. Questions center around who you are, where you may want to go, what you have done, what brought you to this place, etc.   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online (found position via Indeed). A day later I was sent a link to do an assessment. Did well on the assessment and received a call two days later for a prescreen interview. Had the prescreen interview with the recruiter and he generously applied me for another position he thought I'd be suitable for. Shortly after that I was scheduled for two interviews. Interviewed about a week later with one group of supervisors via phone and a week later with another group for the second position. About two weeks after first interview I was extended an offer. Position started 4 weeks from date of offer. Glad they did phone interviews (out of state). Process overall took one month.

Interview Questions

• Questions are behavioral questions that deal with teamwork, prioritization, initiative, customer service skills, dependability, reliability.   3 Answers

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview with the hiring manager, HR director and team manager. All asked several questions according to their specialty, it was very professional and went very well. A follow up in person interview is being scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave State Farm after 20 years? What was your biggest accomplishment?   1 Answer

I am still considering