State Farm Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Brookfield, IL).

Interview

It was an 1:1 interview and i did good. I was hired in the first round. I was considered as an asset to the organization. i worked there for 3+ years and got a raise every year.

Interview Questions

• About my educational background   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be confident and they;ll follow your lead

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

few tests, loooong phone interview and even longer in person interview. Agent asked a lot of "tell me about a time questions". The agent did get back to me quickly and was flexible

Interview Questions

Interview

The tour is great and people are nice and nice to talk to. They will ask if you need water or need to use restroom in the middle of the interview. Working environment is great with lots of drinks and snacks in the kitchen area where people chill out

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process here was fairly easy. Received phone call and scheduled an interview following week. Lasted about an hour and was pretty straightforward. Received an offer shortly after.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

applied online a recruiter got back to me after a month to schedule a phone interview. Had the phone interview a week later.After 2 weeks face to face interview with 2 hiring managers. .They got back to me with an offer after 2 weeks. Contrary to what I always read I was not referred so I want to give hope to others who know no one in a company. Good things can happen. State Farm is a great company accepting offer. .

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? How you handled a challenge? Behavioural interview questions STAR. The interview was difficult as they were specific, they want detailed information of what you did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sell yourself make an impression, be confident Answer the question but also apply your knowledge about the role. We talked beyond the interview about so many concepts, methodologies etc..Just know your stuff..Pray and believe

Claim Associate - Express Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Timeline & E-mail Correspondence: I applied online for the Claim Associate - Express position on 7/19. I was emailed by an HR admin on 7/22 and asked to sign a disclosure form before they would release the skills test (2 tests; State Farm screening battery & SkilTrak assessment). After taking the assessments I was contacted on 7/27 by a different HR admin who said I was selected for a 30 min phone interview. In the email the HR admin said I would be interviewing for the Claim Associate-ILR position that pays $27,001 (non-negotiable). I had applied for the Claim Associate - Express position that pays just over $29k. (Side note: The $29k salary was already way below what I was being paid in my previous position. I was willing to accept the pay cut because I wanted to get my foot in the door at State Farm.) I emailed the HR admin back and asked if it would be possible to be interviewed for the Claim Associate - Express position; the job that I had originally applied for. Otherwise, I would have to respectfully decline the invitation for the Claim Associate - ILR interview. The HR admin responded saying, "At this time we are not conducting Express interviews." My application was withdrawn. On 8/3 I was contacted by a different HR admin saying "You have been selected for a 30-minute phone interview regarding the ***Claim Associate-ILR and/or Claim Associate-Express*** job opportunities... The Claim Associate-Express entry-level annual compensation rate is $29,016 and Claim Associate-ILR rate is $ 27,001. This salary is non-negotiable." I thought great! I emailed the HR admin back and said that I would be interested in interviewing for the Claim Associate - Express position. The HR admin responded saying that I had withdrawn my app because of compensation. In my response email I had explained what I had told the previous HR admin, and that I am still interested in interviewing for the Claim Associate - Express position that pays $29,016 per their first email. In response to my email the HR admin said "Unfortunately, we don't have an Express openings at this time. We only have the ILR opening which the compensation is $ 27,001. Please continue to check our website for other opportunities in Express later in the year. I'll withdraw you from the posting now." My thoughts: I would have been better off attending an in-person, open house. It has been a waste of time, and aggravating, dealing with the back and forth emails with multiple HR admins. I am totally turned off by how I was treated as a job candidate. It is not true that State Farm is not currently seeking Claim Associate - Express candidates. State Farm held an open house advertising that specific position on August 4 here in Phoenix. I also want to point out that the State Farm HR admin sent me an email with poor grammar. I didn't make a typo when I typed "Unfortunately, we don't have an Express openings..." above. That is the exact quote from the State Farm admin email to me. There were other typos but I don't want to get sidetracked. If State Farm is about quality customer service, shouldn't they be treating prospective employees the same way as "paying" customers?! It's called internal and external customer service. One last thing... State Farm - If you want to attract top talent, offer a living wage. Also, consider training your employees to be truthful and professional in their interactions with potential employees and/or customers.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to interview for a lesser paying (non-negotiable) job, that you didn't apply for?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. I was ask to explain the duties of my previous jobs. They told me about training and pay. The interviewer discuss duties of the job. They said they will get back with me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Suburban, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (South Suburban, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Typical interview with agent; he reviewed the relevant experience on my resume, etc. Interviewer stated that job was 50% customer service by phone, and 50% phone/internet sales, which was fine, since my last position had been exactly like that. He seemed quite taken with what I had to offer. Then, the proceedings took a nasty turn; the agent said that before I'd get a second interview, that I'd "really, really" have to prove to him that I "wanted" the job. And, as I am female, and he is male, I was like, uh oh...but, what he asked me to do was to go out and find ten leads for auto quotes, and then report back to him when I was finished! And, I was like, um, I don't work for free, and, besides, you told me that this was an office job, and not door-to-door solicitation. And, that was the end of the interview...and of the hour I lost out of my life with this greedy jerk wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions (ie., what would you do IF, etc.)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Farm in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted online for an interview via monster.com. I had a 5 minute phone interview and was asked to interview in person at the district office. After waiting 30 minutes past my interview time I was greeted and told the person who was supposed to interview with me was in a meeting that was running long. I then met with two different people. They were both very sweet, honest, and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for State Farm? What experience do you have in Sales?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I am reviewing the HR phone screen portion of the interview. It was mostly standard fare, questions about my resume, my exam progress, my career aspirations, and my views of the company. My only knock on the experience was that it was rescheduled at the last moment and I ended up having it early on Christmas eve day, but the interviewer was courteous and professional. The online application can be daunting, but that's just the price of admission at large companies.

Interview Questions

• Have you passed all of your exams on your first sitting.?   1 Answer