State Farm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Richardson, TX

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

Interview Details – 5.29.14: Applied for position. I took the pre-employment tests April 2014.

6.11.14: Interviewed via phone with recruiter. Lasted 30 minutes.
Asked, 1) Tell me about yourself. 2) Why State Farm? 3) Situation where you needed to obtain info. 4) Disgruntled customer. 5) Quality of report compromised. 6) Handling a lot of data. 7) Demanding customer.
Questions asked starting with, "Tell me about a time...". Responded using STAR format; Situation, Task, Action, Result.Brief description of job was given. Days and work hours were given. Two opportunities to get licensed. Told it would be 2-3 weeks before a response was received due to reviewing internal applicants.
(E-mail and call received 6.6.14)

6.30.14: Interviewed with a panel of 3. They were all very personable. Lasted 35 minutes. They explained that the interview was structured and they would be taking notes, so there may be little eye contact. I asked if I could also take notes.
Asked 1) Tell us about yourself. 2) Time given critical feedback, what did you do, outcome? 3) Major change, how did you prepare? 4) Difficult idea, how did you communicate, approach taken, how did you check for understanding? 5) Steps to solve problem, best way, why, why not? 6) Excellent customer service given.
Responded using STAR format.
Key words/phrases they used when explaining job:
Licensing, Litigation Claims, Providers against State Farm, Case Law, Deposed.
They asked if I had any final words. No mention was made of when I would be contacted.
(E-mail and call received 6.24.14)

7.8.14: Received 2 E-mails stating selected for Claim Representative position in Claim Central at State Farm! Offer subject to acceptable background check and drug screen.
Drug screen instructions also received from HireRight.

7.9.14: Received a call from the recruiter explaining and offering the job. She stated that the call should have been before the e-mail.

7.17.14: Received call from recruiter that background check and drug screen were acceptable and would receive E-mail to complete I-9.

7.18.14: I-9 e-mail received.

8.11.14: Start date!

Word of Advice: Tailor your 'tell me about yourself' to the duties, responsibilities, knowledge and skills needed that are listed on the job description.

Good luck~

Interview Question – The 'quality of report compromised' question from the recruiter was awkward. I triple check things and keep copies to avoid issues with my work/assignments. I made this clear in my answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation.

Auto Claims Associate - Express Interview

Auto Claims Associate - Express
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Process was standard - Applied online, received an email within a few hours regarding pre-employement testing. Took the tests the next day. Received an email the next monday saying that my competitive scores have been posted to my online resume. Got an email the next day to schedule my phone interview, had my phone interview within one week of scheduling. Interview was first about my skills sets and why I was leaving my currents jobs - then it went into the situational questions. Answer using STAR method and you'll do great. Got a contingent job offer by the end of the phone interview. Background checks and drug testing are apart of the process. Start october 28th.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had to deal with a customer that was upset and that you couldn't resolve it"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was as is. No room for negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Claims- Ilr Interview

Claims- Ilr

I applied through other source - interviewed at State Farm in February 2014.

Interview Details – Tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer? What was the problem and what steps did you take to resolve the issue. How did you hear about state farm. The interview was about 20mins top by phone. And was hired right then on the spot. It was the easiest interview ever. Because I did not have to get dressed up and drive to the business.

Negotiation Details – none

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Claims Associate -ILR
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email saying they were interested in considering me and sent me links to complete some tests. One was a personality type of test and the other was a skills test. It was a simulation where you would take calls from clients and record their information. You earned points by typing the information accurately and not asking the client to repeat themselves. It was pretty easy if you were careful to pay attention. There was also a typing test. After that I got an email saying they wanted to do a phone interview. The interview was fairly short, a little under 30 minutes. We talked first about my experience and then there were several behavioral interview questions. They seemed focused mainly on leadership skills and how you would handle clients who are unhappy. At the end of the phone interview I was given a contingent offer of employment. Once I completed a background check and drug test I was given an offer of employment.

Interview Question – The most difficult was a question about how you work on a team. Sorry but I can't remember the exact wording anymore.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave an hourly pay rate and I did not try to negotiate.

Office Representative Interview

Office Representative
Coraopolis, PA

I interviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

Interview Details – I received a very fast response and lined up a phone interview set up and she never called or emailed me to cancel. Very unprofessional and could not believe that would happen.

Interview Question – What is the best time for you?   View Answer

Office Representative Interview

Office Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting an application, I was contacted via email to take 2 online assessments (about 30 min total). Upon completing the assessments I was contacted via email for a phone interview. My phone interview lasted around 30 minutes and then the next day a in person interview was scheduled. I was also emailed "homework". I had to list and give a value to everyone I would prospect if I were to become a Rep. This was difficult since there were about 8 pages to try and fill up. There was also a worksheet to get some comparative quotes from local agents on home, auto and life. The home was the most difficult since they specify what to have quoted but use your address. Most agents I spoke with had a link to the tax records and could see that the value of my address did not match what was specified. The In-Person interview was very pointed. You need to know company background and products offered. Their offices do not have separate people to take payments, answer phones, etc so be prepared to be ok with doing all of that. This was by far my most difficult interview process. The homework took me over 2 hours to complete and I have no idea if I am even in the running for the position.

Interview Question – Where did State Farm begin and how. How many products are offered. Other than that it was the normal sales interview questions (describe most difficult customer and how you handled, etc)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in May 2014.

Interview Details – all behavior questions. Not hard to answer. People are quite nice.It is a great place to do internship, you learn real experience and get real skills. It is a friendly working environment and people helps each other. Analyst are quite kind and helpful.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Insurance Sales Representative
Rego Park, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in September 2010.

Interview Details – if working for an agency - 1 initial interview, second interview would be conducted to explain compensation and sign a disclosure for a background check. you will also be required to pass state exams for licensing.

Negotiation Details – not much to be negotiated.

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Insurance Account Representative
Portage, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Had to submit an application online. Didn't get a call until about a month or two later. Did an over-the-phone interview and then an in-person interview. Got offered a job, there was a back ground test (no drug screening) and then had to pass my two licensing exams.

Interview Question – None really they were all pretty basic. It's more about how confident you are and how you present yourself in a sales position.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Norfolk, VA

I interviewed at State Farm in July 2012.

Interview Details – Brief interview with the agent of the office. Go over the quota they expect in sales. Very laid back. You just have to show that you are motivated and are willing to work for money. They show you a few generic slides State Farm gives them about income and different products State Farm offers.

Interview Question – Why is this job right for you?   View Answer

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!