State Farm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – I had one interview with HR and covered some of my history. It was all pretty standard. Follow up was an interview onsite. They were also all standard interview questions, mostly behavioral. They didn't not ask any weird trivia questions and there were no skills tests. Whole process took less than 2 months.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had the HR manager so my interview was over an hour where I heard others were only 20 minutes. The interview itself was over the phone and by far one of the most difficult interviews I have had.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time….LOTS OF THOSE!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have schooling it is more.

Loan Processor Interview

Loan Processor
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was sent an "interview email". A week after completing the email I was called in for an interview on location. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel very relaxed. A week later I was called in for a second interview. Honestly I felt judged the moment the first interviewer walked in. It was a 2 person panel interview and I guess they were playing the "good cop bad cop" as one seemed really nice and the other seemed he could care less. I was told they were planning to start training a week and a half from then and are still running interviews. A week went by and my status still stated it was being reviewed by the hiring manager. I emailed HR and she did not reply personally, just suddenly my status changed to not selected and I got a rejected email the next day. Interestly enough the position has been reposted three times since I applied and posted after the time they stated they were going to start training. I'm not sure if they are "window shopping" or have not yet found that perfect person, but the position has been posted with the same amount of people needed as before so I guess they didn't hire anyone.

Interview Question – How would your degree help with this position? (see comments)   View Answer

Sales Marketing Specialist-Agent Staff Interview

Sales Marketing Specialist-Agent Staff

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was your standard by the book interview. The interview consist of several steps. Phone interview ( lots of situational questions) , 3 personality/behavioral assessments, background check, and an in person interview that is 60 minutes long.

Interview Question – The number of situational questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative/Sales Interview

Customer Service Representative/Sales
Katy, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in April 2013.

Interview Details – When aplying for this position, make sure you are very friendly. Have to have great customer services and really good sales pitch. Dress Professionally and be ready to interview with more than one person. Have your resume on hand and also be avaiable to work right away.

Interview Question – Depending on the agent there aren't any unexpected questions, besides how long you plan on being with the company. Most agents don't want to hire someone for a seasonal job while school is out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When can you start ?

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Insurance Sales Representative

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – professional attire took 3 interviews. How yow you work in a team what your goals are. Give examples of a time when you had to sell something. As well as how do work under pressure.

Interview Question – pretty standard   Answer Question

Catastrophe Claim Representative Interview

Catastrophe Claim Representative
Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed at State Farm in August 2011.

Interview Details – There was a test onilne inluding typing test. There was a 20-30 minute phone interview. Next were 2 in personal interviews with two managers each. About 2 weeks later, the offer came via phone call.

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotitae.

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in March 2012.

Interview Details – It really depends on the Agent. I have worked for 2 now. The first required a phone interview, and 2 face to face interviews and getting licensed. The second hire me on the spot. You are not an employee of State Farm, you are an employee of the Agent. HUGE Difference. Newer Agents are going to focus on hitting numbers and growing business while older Agents will require more service of already mature books of business.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was firm on my bottom line.
They decided to raise their hourly pay to fit my requirements.
Again, it really depends on the Agent.

Claim Associate-ILR (Initial Loss Reporting) Interview

Claim Associate-ILR (Initial Loss Reporting)
Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Phone Interviews with 2 different people. Never had an in person interview, and I got the job. They use an external company for background and drug screening. Pretty straight forward stuff.

Interview Question – STAR questions. Tell me about a time when..what did you do? What was the result?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay too low. Hours were not family friendly.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative Interview

Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative
Edmond, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in May 2010.

Interview Details – The agent was my personal agent for my insurance while I was in the office he ask if I would interested in working for him. that was my interview started the following week

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm interview questions and advice. All 542 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.