State Farm Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

5.29.14: Applied for position. I took the pre-employment tests April 2014.

6.11.14: Interviewed via phone with recruiter. Lasted 30 minutes.
    Asked, 1) Tell me about yourself. 2) Why State Farm? 3) Situation where you needed to obtain info. 4) Disgruntled customer. 5) Quality of report compromised. 6) Handling a lot of data. 7) Demanding customer.
    Questions asked starting with, "Tell me about a time...". Responded using STAR format; Situation, Task, Action, Result.Brief description of job was given. Days and work hours were given. Two opportunities to get licensed. Told it would be 2-3 weeks before a response was received due to reviewing internal applicants.
    (E-mail and call received 6.6.14)

6.30.14: Interviewed with a panel of 3. They were all very personable. Lasted 35 minutes. They explained that the interview was structured and they would be taking notes, so there may be little eye contact. I asked if I could also take notes.
    Asked 1) Tell us about yourself. 2) Time given critical feedback, what did you do, outcome? 3) Major change, how did you prepare? 4) Difficult idea, how did you communicate, approach taken, how did you check for understanding? 5) Steps to solve problem, best way, why, why not? 6) Excellent customer service given.
    Responded using STAR format.
    Key words/phrases they used when explaining job:
    Licensing, Litigation Claims, Providers against State Farm, Case Law, Deposed.
    They asked if I had any final words. No mention was made of when I would be contacted.
    (E-mail and call received 6.24.14)

7.8.14: Received 2 E-mails stating selected for Claim Representative position in Claim Central at State Farm! Offer subject to acceptable background check and drug screen.
    Drug screen instructions also received from HireRight.

7.9.14: Received a call from the recruiter explaining and offering the job. She stated that the call should have been before the e-mail.

7.17.14: Received call from recruiter that background check and drug screen were acceptable and would receive E-mail to complete I-9.

7.18.14: I-9 e-mail received.

8.11.14: Start date!

Word of Advice: Tailor your 'tell me about yourself' to the duties, responsibilities, knowledge and skills needed that are listed on the job description.

Good luck~

Interview Questions
    • The 'quality of report compromised' question from the recruiter was awkward. I triple check things and keep copies to avoid issues with my work/assignments. I made this clear in my answer.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

Applied for position in July 2014. Received email stating that I will have to take 2 assessments. Took the assessments. Received email that I passed the assessments and results will be passed to HR. Received email from HR asking me to forward info to someone else in HR with date and time range for a phone interview. Received and confirmed time for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions: Tell me what you know about State Farm. Tell me about yourself? How have you dealt with rude/difficult customers.

The interviewer asked about my availability on my application and said I would be required to work over night or weekends. My thought was if I told you that I want to work day shift M-F, why would you call me for an interview knowing that you would want me to work nights and weekends??? This is why I didn't get an offer, because I felt confident about everything else.
        Answer Question

Claim Associate ILR Interview

Phone interview for the position. The hiring recruiter called who was very friendly and professional. He asked with several question regarding me such as tell me about yourself & why you want to join the state farm team. The interview was approximately 25 mins and had regular types of interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a dissatisfied customer. How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

Long Hiring process. Responded to job posting. 2ndays later skill tested. Called by recruiter a week later to set up face to face interview. 2 person panel interview. 1 month later received a call with job offer pending background check.

no negotiations

Agent Staff Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm.

We met at a local breakfast place and discussed my work history and resume. The questions were standard and very laid-back. The agent showed his passion about the company and gave a brief history of his time as a State Farm agent. We discussed the responsibilities of the job and what would be expected upon hiriing. After the interview, he sent an email with pay and commission structure along with an offer.

Sales Representative Interview

three rounds. first round talking with supervisor about general questions and second round talking with him about career choice, third around with the agent. talking about the compensation. It was not hard at all. nailed...

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at State Farm in August 2014.

The interview process with State Farm is simple and easy. I happened to apply for the Claims Associate position two days after it was posted on the careers website and I got an email back from State Farm the next day saying I had made it to the next round. First you email an agreement form back to State Farm then you take a typing test and data entry simulation on SkilTrak. About two weeks after I did my SkilTrak test I received an email stating I had a phone interview. My phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were easy behavioral questions, "How would you handle a difficult customer" ... "How have you worked on a team in the past" ..... "How well do you say you multi-task".... Use STAR Method to answer your questions during your interview. State Farm made me an offer during my phone interview. Overall it was one of the best interviews I've had.

Interview Questions
    Salary is already set. Non-negotiable. Salary can increase over time.

Claims Processor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Applied online and received a phone call after approximately 1 month. This was an initial phone screening to verify my Resume. I then received a second phone call which was scheduled 1 week later. This was a basic behavioral interview which asked questions about how you handled customers in the past. While others I know had a face to face interview after this but for whatever reason the phone interview I had was sufficient for them to make an offer to me.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you went above and beyond your normal duties for a customer   View Answer
    No negotiation for entry level jobs

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Interview process was short and to the point. Did phone interview and was hired. Asked questions about prior work experience and how did I deal with customers. The interviewer was very professional and told me what to expect in the job. Reviewed all of my past work experience. Also asked if I had any questions and was able to answer them all. I was advised of the next steps after accepting the job offer and sent an email further explaining everything. It was a seamless process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about the time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you turn the interaction around   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at State Farm.

Was signed up to receive job leads from state farm website, I applied to the position and made sure to fill out every detail that was required. I was sent an afidavidt to sign, then two test...I did my research on glass door for other reviews to prepare and googled STAR questions for my phone interview. Oh and do a mock typing test for the typing test. I prepared the night before and studied a bit of the company's history...I was very friendy on my phone interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • About the double screen computer monitors I was caught off gaurd lol   View Answer
    None

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!