State Farm

553 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER Interview

AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – I heard of the opportunity from my new landlord, who forwarded me to her Agent for renter's insurance. I spoke with the agent, and got an application. I filled the application out online, and was asked to come in for an interview the very next day. During the interview, I was interviewed by 3 other staff members before being interviewed with the Lead Agent. Then I filled out a background check and did an aptitude test and was hired on the spot. I start next week.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions and reviewed my background in customer service. I have experience as a game developer as well, so they were pretty happy with how technical I was.   Answer Question

Claim Associate-ILR (Initial Loss Reporting) Interview

Claim Associate-ILR (Initial Loss Reporting)
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in September 2013.

Interview Details – Piece of cake. It was a typical online screening process with skills and personality assessment; took an hour at most. They never saw me in person until my first day of work. The phone interview was partially informative, then typical customer service experience questions. My offer was extended at the end of the phone interview. Once I accepted I was sent instructions to complete a drug screen and background check.

Interview Question – Not difficult at all. Questions like "can you tell be about a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled it?" , "What are your strengths/weaknesses?" Or "can you tell me about a time you did not get along with a team member and how you dealt with it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations, aside for making a recommendation for the shift you prefer. The pay was outlined in the job posting.

Systems Support Specialist Interview

Systems Support Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy, friendly staff, quick processing of my application and hiring processes. The only thing during orientation they went through very quickly so you did not get all the specifics about the position.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No option to negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Richardson, TX

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in May 2014.

Interview Details – Most of this process was online, testing, application, etc. Had 1 phone interview with live person, no in person interview. After interview, there was a few weeks delay so didn't think I had the job. then out of the blue they called and said I did.

Interview Question – Asked if I worked with undependable co workers, and what would I do. I shared that I did not work with undependable people at my former job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, flat rate.

Auto Underwriter Interview

Auto Underwriter
Dunwoody, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was long. Once you apply a few weeks later you get a recorded phone call that you passed and will need to take an online assessment. The assessment consists of typical job assesment questions that are asked numerous times in different forms to make sure your answers are consistant. There are also small tests such as looking at a graph and answering questions or reading a situation and answering questions about it. Then there is a typing test. You are timed and must re-type a very long paragraph in I believe it was 60 seconds. The test is designed so no matter how fast you type, you will not finish. As long as you don't have many typos and get a decent ways in, you will be fine. Once the assessment is done, it took about a week. I was then emailed for with an interview date and time. Be aware and check your spam box! If you don't reply within 24 hours they may move on. From that point it was about 2 weeks to my interview. The interview was with two managers. It was very laid back. They asked simply questions like what my background was like and what I knew about insurance. I had done some homework on what Underwriters did and how to be successful as one. I threw some of that knowledge in and it impressed them I did my homework. They emphasized team work and being flexable as the company is going through a lot of growth and changes. From there is was about 3 weeks for me to to get the email I had been chosen for the position with a start date. I have to go through a background check and drug test. Salary was non-negotiable.

Interview Question – "We have a lot of applicants that we interviewed today. Tell us why we should choose you over them."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Customer Relations Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Interview Details – One interview walked in introduced myself, Told them what i was looking for and they hired me. Great people to work for. I love my job here in this office its open fun and just a great place to work.

Interview Question – My background check had something that i was ashamed of but they appreciated my honesty   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered salary plus comm. and i accepted

Insurance Producer Interview

Insurance Producer
Urbana, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in September 2013.

Interview Details – It's pretty basic, they're looking for someone who will just sell regardless of whether people want the insurance or financial products or not. It's your job to convince them that they need those products.
The hiring process was a series of phone and 1:1 interviews that ended with me not getting an offer originally. Eventually I got hired a few months later and after that; there's a drug and background test. After that, assuming you pass both of those checks you essentially hired by whichever agency interviewed you.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good pick over these potentially more qualified individuals?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process was short and simple. I applied and did an over-the-phone interview. Recruiter was nice and just asked me question about what i know about State Farm, why I want to work there, why i would be a good fit, and if i had any questions for her.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit in the role of a customer service rep?   Answer Question

Underwriting Service Assistant Interview

Underwriting Service Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Applied online, my first interview was supposed to be a 1:1 but there was a training manager who joined, I did not receive that position someone who transferred from another dept got it, I applied again and got a call back, came in for computer testing (basic math/computer/personality questions & the second test was wearing headset taking an order and answering questions) I didn't even have to take last test because I scored so well on first two. Got called back for a group interview with 3 managers, flowed nicely, it was laid back, managers were cracking jokes, they all asked a couple questions and had me do one division question, thankfully I got it right! Applied in December, Interview in January, got the job and started in February.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you were dealing with a demanding job and how did you make sure you got all your work done when you have more work coming in and leftover work.

Tell me about yourself (prepare for this one always a great intro sets the tone)

Think about a time you were unsatisfied with your work, describe what you were doing and any actions you took to improve it.

Dealing with difficult customers or situations.

Tell me about a time you had to say "No" to someone.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available for this position at the time of employment.

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied at a local office. I was first emailed to come in for an interview. It was not an interview but test given. Background check and credit check forms to fill out. After I was done with all of the written test they had I was then asked back for an second interview. The second interview was with the agent of the office. He was straight forward in what the job was and his expectations. Interview questions were basic. After the interview he sent off my info for the background check and credit check. Got a call about a week and I was hired!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None