State Farm Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
570 interviews

2.7

Office Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

After submitting an application, I was contacted via email to take 2 online assessments (about 30 min total). Upon completing the assessments I was contacted via email for a phone interview. My phone interview lasted around 30 minutes and then the next day a in person interview was scheduled. I was also emailed "homework". I had to list and give a value to everyone I would prospect if I were to become a Rep. This was difficult since there were about 8 pages to try and fill up. There was also a worksheet to get some comparative quotes from local agents on home, auto and life. The home was the most difficult since they specify what to have quoted but use your address. Most agents I spoke with had a link to the tax records and could see that the value of my address did not match what was specified. The In-Person interview was very pointed. You need to know company background and products offered. Their offices do not have separate people to take payments, answer phones, etc so be prepared to be ok with doing all of that. This was by far my most difficult interview process. The homework took me over 2 hours to complete and I have no idea if I am even in the running for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Where did State Farm begin and how. How many products are offered. Other than that it was the normal sales interview questions (describe most difficult customer and how you handled, etc)   Answer Question

Claims- Ilr Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at State Farm in February 2014.

Tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer? What was the problem and what steps did you take to resolve the issue. How did you hear about state farm. The interview was about 20mins top by phone. And was hired right then on the spot. It was the easiest interview ever. Because I did not have to get dressed up and drive to the business.

none

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in May 2014.

all behavior questions. Not hard to answer. People are quite nice.It is a great place to do internship, you learn real experience and get real skills. It is a friendly working environment and people helps each other. Analyst are quite kind and helpful.

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Had to submit an application online. Didn't get a call until about a month or two later. Did an over-the-phone interview and then an in-person interview. Got offered a job, there was a back ground test (no drug screening) and then had to pass my two licensing exams.

Interview Questions
    • None really they were all pretty basic. It's more about how confident you are and how you present yourself in a sales position.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in September 2010.

if working for an agency - 1 initial interview, second interview would be conducted to explain compensation and sign a disclosure for a background check. you will also be required to pass state exams for licensing.

not much to be negotiated.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

interviewed at State Farm in July 2012.

Brief interview with the agent of the office. Go over the quota they expect in sales. Very laid back. You just have to show that you are motivated and are willing to work for money. They show you a few generic slides State Farm gives them about income and different products State Farm offers.

Marketing Representative Interview

One interview only and direct. The questions are general interview questions. They are focused on life insurance so they will ask you if everyone you know is insured friendly but strict environment.

Intern Interview

I had one interview with HR and covered some of my history. It was all pretty standard. Follow up was an interview onsite. They were also all standard interview questions, mostly behavioral. They didn't not ask any weird trivia questions and there were no skills tests. Whole process took less than 2 months.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

I had the HR manager so my interview was over an hour where I heard others were only 20 minutes. The interview itself was over the phone and by far one of the most difficult interviews I have had.

Interview Questions
    If you have schooling it is more.

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

Applied online and was sent an "interview email". A week after completing the email I was called in for an interview on location. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel very relaxed. A week later I was called in for a second interview. Honestly I felt judged the moment the first interviewer walked in. It was a 2 person panel interview and I guess they were playing the "good cop bad cop" as one seemed really nice and the other seemed he could care less. I was told they were planning to start training a week and a half from then and are still running interviews. A week went by and my status still stated it was being reviewed by the hiring manager. I emailed HR and she did not reply personally, just suddenly my status changed to not selected and I got a rejected email the next day. Interestly enough the position has been reposted three times since I applied and posted after the time they stated they were going to start training. I'm not sure if they are "window shopping" or have not yet found that perfect person, but the position has been posted with the same amount of people needed as before so I guess they didn't hire anyone.

Interview Questions
    • How would your degree help with this position? (see comments)   View Answer