State Farm

Getting the Interview

497 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Agency Field Specialist Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Panel competency based

Interview Question – give specific clear answers/examples   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Everything's pretty straight forward, typical interview/human resources type questions.

Interview Question – during the pre-test, they repeat some of the questions, I guess to make sure you're answering honestly.   View Answer

Systems Analyst Internship Interview

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – It was a campus recruiting event at my university. First was filling out an online application and meeting the interviewers on campus. The interview was fairly simple and not very technical, with lots of "Tell me about a time you had a problem and it..." type questions, just to see how you react. I had to describe my largest project ever and answer questions about my coding style. You hear from them around 2 times until March when they initiate your background check and drug test. After another month they have the results and official offer. They give you everything you need to know to show up at work in the proper place on the first day.

Interview Question – How do you like to code your methods?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It did not seem like there was any negotiation possible, although you could get "Family housing", but I think that adds to the amount in taxes they end up taking out. Returning interns received another $2 an hour and I know that interns that would be returning full time were able to negotiate depending on what they demonstrated during their internship.

Also some fresh hires who were not interns before were coming in making around $500 more than those who were returning interns into a full time position. That turned me off a little.

Insurance Account Position Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Interview Details – The Interview process was really slow. I applied on the website and did not hear anything for 4 weeks, thought the position was filled. After 5 weeks, I received an email to complete a personality test online. Two more weeks later, Nancy contacted me for a phone interview the next week.

During the interview, she asked about my background and my experience as it relates to the position; which is primarily sales, and follow up. The phone interview went pretty well, and she asked me to email times to have an in-person interview the following week. I did so after the phone interview. I had not heard from her the following week, so I took initiative to follow-up with her on when a good time would meet was.

She emailed me a couple hours back saying she is now considering other candidates.

Interview Question – Have you worked in an environment where you had to meet sales goals?   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, took about two weeks when they reached me; the interview lasted about an hour, and HR asked a dozen of questions and confirmed your experience with your resume.
Most are behavior questions.

Interview Question – The questions includes: How do you handle the conflict, what are the disagreements?
What is your work ethic? why do you chose actuary as your career?
How do you prepare a presentation or actuarial exams?
  Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process is pretty straight forward, you will take assessements to gauge your apptitude to sell. One is timed and mostly math and verbal question and the second is untimed and focuses on personality traits. Overall not too challanging but definietly makes a difference on how well you score.

Interview Question – If you were hired, how would you go about generating new leads?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Interview Details – It took three months for the interview

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Claim Representative Interview

Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application. Was asked to do online testing which included data entry. Phone interview came next and around a month later my face to face interview. (They no longer do face to face interviews) All the interview questions need to be answered in the STAR format so think up various situations prior to the interview.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had difficulty with a coworker and how did you resolve the situation?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Claims Associate-Express Interview

Phoenix, AZ

Interview Details – This whole process went fairly quick. I was contacted within 1 week of applying to take skills and personality tests. A day after I took the tests, they reached out to me to schedule a telephone interview. They called me right on time for the phone interview and, despite being prepared, I was VERY nervous the ENTIRE time; yet I gave pretty good answers to the questions that were being answered (standard interview questions which were answered well probably since I thought about the answers days before the actual interview). I'm not sure if she realized how nervous I was but for the most part, I made sure my voice sounded very friendly while making sure to let my intellect be heard, smile, withhold from saying, "umm" and "like," and withhold from sounding dull. She gave me a contingent job offer on the spot. The next day, I received my packet via email for my background and drug screening; it took them about a week to complete all of this, then I received an email giving me my official offer letter.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult or unexpected. She asked me standard interview questions which were not difficult (i.e. "Why do you want to work for State Farm?")   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I believe they asked me if I'm okay with the salary and told me it was non-negotiable a few different times.

Summer Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Applied online, a few weeks later was contacted by an interviewer from HR. The interview went alright, basic behavioral questions. However, at the end she critiqued my interviewing skills, which I was very thankful for, but it seemed like she didn't really feel as if I was a good fit for the company. I got a second interview somehow and was interviewed by a manager. It was a very awkward experience and I got a call later that day denying my application. I just think I wasn't a good fit for the company. I was expecting to be asked more about my actual abilities, but I was never so much asked about my computer proficiency.

Interview Question – Pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question