State Farm Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Fire Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There was an initial phone screening with an HR rep. From there, the pre-employment testing was administered. Finally a panel interview takes place with several team managers. The group then decides on who to offer the positions.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Submitted application online. Received email next day to fill out pre-interview forms. Next day received email asking me to take required pre-employment tests. Next day received email that I had passed tests and could expect to receive a call from a recruiter to set up an interview. (word of advice: CHECK YOUR SPAM MAIL. You could potentially miss their emails as it seems it is common for them to go to spam, based on other reviews) Received call the following day and scheduled interview for Monday of the next week. Interviewer called promptly at scheduled time. Spent about 5 minutes going over benefits (which are actually pretty great, and this is coming from someone who previously worked in government), job description and expectations. Job is basically in a call center and you are required to take a certain amount of calls per day, then spend the other half of the day working through claims. After that, I was asked what I know about State Farm, why I chose to apply there and what interested me about the job. After that I was asked 3 or 4 behavioral questions (be sure to answer in STAR format) including: a time I had to adapt to a change at work and how I prepared for it, a time I had to communicate a difficult idea or process and how I checked for understanding, a time I had to deal with a demanding customer and a time I was given critical feedback. After I finished answering the final question, I was asked if I had any questions. I asked about daily activities, what it would take to be successful in the role and what the atmosphere was like. My questions were answered in a very professional but informative manner. I had no other questions, so was expecting to be told to expect a call for an in-person interview, but was surprised when I was offered the job right then and there without having to appear face-to-face. Part of me thought that was strange, but the other part was happy because, really, interviews are stressful, so if I can skip a step, even better! I was told the start date would be about a month out and I would need to submit to a background check and drug test prior to a formal offer being put forth. I received several emails outlining all of the things I would need to complete within a certain time frame (time is of the essence!), completed the items and then received my formal offer. I genuinely appreciate how informative the whole process is/was. It is very refreshing to be kept in the loop throughout each step and to always know where you stand during the process. I find this company, so far, to be very professional and run much more smoothly than other companies I have interviewed with recently. I am looking forward to being an employee.

Interview Questions

• None, really, but giving an example of a time you received critical feedback is a tricky question because you don't really want it to seem like you are the type to make huge mistakes or are in need of constant coaching.   9 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, at least in my case. I was told it was a take it or leave it salary (they are hiring a TON of people right now, so I'm sure it's basically like, "Oh..you don't like the pay? NEXT!" The starting pay is fairly decent, though.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Phone interview lasted an hour. Just for to know each other no hard questions really. Then scheduled in person interview. He asked several questions on how I plan to succeed, etc. It wasn't hard then he offered job. Started 2 weeks later.

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The interviewing process was pretty easy. I had to wait a bit longer than others because they had already filled to first training class. The HR representative made sure that I was aware and moved my application to the next month.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were faced with a situation that you could not meet the customer's needs? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Enterprise Risk Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and received a phone call from a Recruiter two weeks later. She then set up a phone interview in the next week. The phone interview was a basic personality screen, around 30 minutes. I was then contacted two weeks later by the same Recruiter for a phone interview with a manager. The manager asked more technical and groupwork-related questions. I was then brought in a month later for an in-person interview at State Farm headquarters. That interview was three rounds with managers, directors, and current employees. I was told that I would hear back within two weeks. I was then contacted for a final round interview with two other managers. Two days later, I received an offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

What do you think of your previous boss? - How would you feel about working for someone who knows less than you? - What salary range are you looking for at State Farm Insurance? - What quality of yours or personal trait matters the most in your career at State Farm Insurance? - What personal weakness has caused you the greatest difficulty in school or at work? - Give examples of steps taken to make each team member feel important.

Interview Questions

• d you have a strategic plan? - Describe a situation in which you had to collect information. - How important is it for you to have a career at State Farm Insurance? - Why do you want this job? - What's the most important thing you learned in school? - How did you assign priorities to jobs?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm (Dunwoody, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Two people that were asking star like questions. Very friendly. Overall I was at ease and was able to be myself. Took a week for them to say they had better candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to manage several task at once how did you prioritize them? Did you complete them? If not why? If so how did you handle?   1 Answer
    • In detail describe what they do?   1 Answer

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Internal posting. Typical process. They use STAR format questions. Make sure you know what questions they are going to ask. They do not deviate from the questions. However I do feel it's a waste of time as they already had someone in mind they were going to pick. In the end, they give some excuse why you were not selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a disagreement with your supervisor and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in May 2015.

Interview

So far so good. Did online test, phone interview and face to face interview the week of June 1. The agent was very nice and he made me feel very comfortable answering questions.

Life Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

At first they sent me an email with an "interview questionnaire." After a couple days they called me to come in for a face to face interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What kind of business experience do you have with the insurance industry?   1 Answer