State Farm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Fire Claim Representative Interview

Fire Claim Representative
Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – The interview process is lengthy. I had a 1 on 1 interview, a computer data entry test, a 3 panel interview, and a meet and greet tour prior to being hired.

Interview Question – They ask many good cop bad cop situation questions but the most difficult is why do you want to work at State Farm.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no financial negotiation for salary.

Life Call Center Interview

Life Call Center

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in February 2010.

Interview Details – There was nothing unusual about the process. There was a 3 person panel 1st interview. 2 person on the 2nd. Pretty easy test. Then the drug test. Just have standard think of a time answers ready.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating I didn't have previous experience

Very Easy Interview

Auto Claims Processor Interview

Auto Claims Processor
Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online late March and received an email to complete a battery, skills, and data entry test. Two days later, I received an email informing me I passed the tests and that a recruiter would contact me to schedule an interview. My interview was in late April and it was a phone interview which took about an hour.

The recruiter was very professional, thorough and helpful through the process. We discussed my employment background and went over a series of behavioral questions. We went over salary and unfortunately that was non-negotiable. She told me that I wouldn't hear back about whether or not a offer would be presented until the end of May. She notified me that start date for the position would be in July.

I heard back from a recruiter Mid- May (this month) with an contingent offer (passing background completed by hire right and drug screen). There would be no additional interviews after the phone interview.

At this point I am just waiting to hear back from two other positions from other companies one offering 42K and the other offering 35K because State Farm is only offering me 31K and I left my previous position making 36K.

Interview Question – Reflect back to a time where you disagreed with management or a coworker.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. They claim salaries are competitive yet they offered the lowest salary out of all other jobs i interviewed for in the area. I accepted offer until I heard back from other jobs I applied to and interviewed for which were offering 10K+ more.

Technical Coordinator Interview

Technical Coordinator
Bloomington, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – First contact is with a HR Recruiter by phone &/or email, and eventually an interview and pre-employment testing. If all goes well you will get an interview with the hiring manager (team) at that point.

Interview Question – The unexpected question I was asked was if I were a piece of playground equipment what would I be and why.   View Answer

Front Desk, Office Administration Interview

Front Desk, Office Administration
Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in May 2014.

Interview Details – 2 interviews , general interview questions. First interview with office manager , second with office manager and agent. Overall both interviews were very pleasant and I felt very relaxed.

Interview Question – Describe your favorite boss or manager.   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – 3-4 interviews. General questions from accountants pretending to know the maintenance field. I did get a free lunch. The manager was so religious and down right offensive with his rhetoric I wasn't going to take the job. His boss was a female accountant who didn't know what an open end wrench was.

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate and low ball workers.

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Dunwoody, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm in May 2014.

Interview Details – 2/4- Applied for position.

2/12- Got an email asking to sign a applicant disclosure form. Same day I was emailed to take a battery assessment and typing test.

2/13- Was Emailed and told I had competitive results and would be contacted if I was chosen for an interview

4/10- After I almost gave up hope, I was contacted by email to do an interview at the end of the month

4/29- The interview was laid back and there were 5 other people there. First we were were taken into a room to speak to the Underwriters and see how the position works and after that the underwriter managers from different sites took us individually to conduct the interviews which was fairly easy, just remember typical STAR questions and you'll be fine. After that we spoke to a recruiter to let us know the contingent offer will take 7-10 business days.

5/7- Received contingent offer by email pending background and drug test.

Overall it was the easiest interview I've ever had. They didn't beat around the bush or find anyway to exclude you from the position. If you get to the interview part you basically have the job. You just have to show that you have some common sense and can talk with intelligence. The only thing is the salary is quite low at $37k and not competitive with other companies in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little more about yourself   View Answer
  • Give a time where you had to persuade a peer or a coworker to have something go your way. What was the situation and how was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to multitask between task in a pressure environment. What was the situation and how did you overcome it   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. What was the situation and what was the outcome   Answer Question
  • Give me a time when you and your coworkers couldn't agree on a project. What was the situation and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate but they weren't having it. I live in another state and they didn't offer a higher salary or relocation expenses. They are stuck at $37k and nothing can change their minds.

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via their website. within 3 days, I received an e-mail asking me to complete assessments. These tests included data entry, typing, personality, and logic testing. If you pass those, you are called by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is prompt, and took an hour. They ask scenario based questions... Tell me a time when, how you handled it and the result. If you do well in the interview process, they will propose an offer on the spot. There is no 1:1 interview that is face to face. Then they use a company called Hire Right to perform back ground checks, drug screening, etc. Start date is 2 months after phone interview (in my case). The also expect you to be able to handle a very strict schedule (they plan out your day from beginning to end) and you need to be flexible with times of the day for work schedule as it varies. If you miss any tasks requested by hire right through email and dont respond or do what they ask, your offer is voided. I haven't started yet to provide office info. It is a cubical setting.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really difficult. you just have to have scenarios ready and be ready to give the situation, how you handled it and the result. Some questions were: Tell me a time you disagreed with a boss and how you handled it? or tell me a time you worked as part of a team and they weren't pulling their weight and how you handled it, etc.   View Answers (8)

Claim Representative Interview

Claim Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Took test and interviewed with HR then another interview with the hiring managers

Crc Representative Interview

Crc Representative
Bloomington, IL

Interview Details – 1.Filled out app online 2.Signed disclosure 3. Received testing material 4. Received competitive score email. 5. HR rep Called to schedule phone interview. Had interview and received job offer the same day.
I am currently in the drug screen/drug test part of it now.

Interview Question – Name a time you and an employee had a difference of opinion and what came of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to get the 5,550 salary increase I wanted