State Farm

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – 2 interviews- screening with HR and then panel interview with supervisors
Questions wee behavioral. Asked about experience, how dealt with conflict, principles of PM, etc

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. all very generic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I named a salary in their expected range early on. They offered it to me. Rookie mistake

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Applied Online.

First interview was a phone screen with HR.

Second interview was an on-site panel interview with two directors.

The questions were behavior and experience based. They focused on leadership behavior, rather than standard 'project manager' situational questions. The emphasis was on the direct actions and results that 'I' had implemented/achieved (rather than team activities).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where I had uncovered a problem, how I personally implemented a solution and what was the result.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation that demonstrated how I held people accountable for their failure(s).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Interview/Hiring Process Length - Significant time elapsed between the interviews themselves and then for the job to be offered. During this time, I was offered another (better) job.

Salary - The salary offer was in line with Glassdoor reported State Farm PM salaries. However, it was low in comparison to other major employers in the area. They did negotiate slightly, but it was not enough.

Bloomington, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed HR representative.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Salary limitatins

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!