State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.5

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Phone interview, then a face-to-face interview. Also had to do a personality and skills test prior to the interview but they were fairly simple. The phone interview took about 15 minutes and then that lead to a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell insurance to someone you know?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Responded to job posting on Craigslist for sales rep job at agency. Submitted my resume via email. The agency replied within 2 days asking a that I answer a few questions, which I did. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview. I came, they handed me a job application and some test (math, grammar, IQ type, aptitude type tests.) After the the test I was told that someone would call me for for the next step in the hiring process. I said OK and left. I was still sitting in my car outside the agency when the agent called me asking me to come back in for the interview. I told him that I was still outside if he wanted me to come back in. He said yes and I was interviewed by his office manager. A couple weeks went by then I received a call from the office manager, she offered me the job over the phone. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• If I would take $16 to start   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

three rounds. first round talking with supervisor about general questions and second round talking with him about career choice, third around with the agent. talking about the compensation. It was not hard at all. nailed...

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Assessments need to be completed. Usually 2 interviews on the process. One with the agent another with the rest of the staff. Standard questions about your background, experience. Provide examples of how you handle diff situations at work

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

Interview

If you sell yourself well as a fighter for sales, you will get the job. If you are not cut out for sales you will fail out in no time.

Interview Questions

• How did you survive in this business if so many fail out?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I received email asking if I could come in for 1:1 interview. The interviewee asked a lot of general, "personal" & " unusual" questions.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite color? what animal you would be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

was good short and to the point there was a lot discussed about future opportunities and how I could grow with the company. I was in the interview with 2 people the agent and sales team leader just be well prepared.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a difficult time were you were able to overcome circumstance's and still make a sale.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Quick interview with agent

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Sent in an online application. E-mailed me back for a phone interview. Had a hour long phone interview and was asked to do an online assessment. Still waiting to hear back.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I was recruited by my current employer but we still had a series of interviews. I also met the area and district managers and was able to make sure that my future wish to become a sales only, commission based employee would happen. I love working from home and controlling my own hours/income.