State Farm

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Pomona, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was about 30 minutes long and they asked me some pretty technical question regarding the insurance industry and why I would be a good fit. They ask you about your personality and how you would resolve certain situation given a scenario. I was interviewed by the manager and another sales agent and I guess he's the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an insurance agent?   View Answer
  • Can to tell me of time you have a problem with a customer and how you resolve it?   View Answer

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out online application. Got a call to come in for an in person interview. Had several more interviews. Personality test and background check.

Interview Question – Sell this water bottle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Lansing, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very detailed and time consuming. The agent wants to be sure you are the right fit for his business and did not want to have an associate that would not fit well with the agency.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you ever had to deal with professionally.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process is pretty straight forward, you will take assessements to gauge your apptitude to sell. One is timed and mostly math and verbal question and the second is untimed and focuses on personality traits. Overall not too challanging but definietly makes a difference on how well you score.

Interview Question – If you were hired, how would you go about generating new leads?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in September 2009.

Interview Details – asked typical questions regarding sales experience. had to take multiple short tests online that showed personality traits, etc. at the end of the interview was asked to sell a random object to the interviewer. overall, a positve experience.

Pasadena, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in May 2010.

Interview Details – Asked me some questions, had me take an assesment test.

Interview Question – Time you had to resolve a conflict   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in May 2012.

Interview Details – I got an interview through a mutual friend who was working at State Farm and had an initial interview over the phone. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come into interview in person. Standard interview questions based on sales. The company is great!

Interview Question – Other than graduating college, What is your greatest of achievement in life thus far?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation...90 day commission only window and then you can negotiate a base salary afterwards

Malta, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in May 2012.

Interview Details – Overall was a great experience, took longer than I had anticipated, but everyone was very nice and got back to you in a timely manner. Still work there today

Interview Question – describe a difficult situation and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Allen, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm in July 2010.

Interview Details – Brief interview. He was very friendly, but not a great interviewer. I spent time preparing but he did not ask anything specifically pertaining to my experience. Anyone could have faked the interview.

Interview Question – What is AV?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2010.

Interview Details – Agent was looking for college graduates who could assist in growing his book of business. Follow-up was sporadic, but I believe that was due to the agent's frequent absence from the office.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable speaking with individuals you have no prior connection with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult to leverage prior salary for an increase. Major selling point is potential to inherit your own agency and book of business once you establish yourself as a regional leader.

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.