State Farm

2.5

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm in February 2011.

The interview was about 30 minutes long and they asked me some pretty technical question regarding the insurance industry and why I would be a good fit. They ask you about your personality and how you would resolve certain situation given a scenario. I was interviewed by the manager and another sales agent and I guess he's the HR manager.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be an insurance agent?   View Answer
  • Can to tell me of time you have a problem with a customer and how you resolve it?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

Filled out online application. Got a call to come in for an in person interview. Had several more interviews. Personality test and background check.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in December 2009.

The interview process was very detailed and time consuming. The agent wants to be sure you are the right fit for his business and did not want to have an associate that would not fit well with the agency.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you ever had to deal with professionally.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

If you sell yourself well as a fighter for sales, you will get the job. If you are not cut out for sales you will fail out in no time.

Interview Questions
    • How did you survive in this business if so many fail out?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Farm in September 2011.

The interview and hiring process is pretty straight forward, you will take assessements to gauge your apptitude to sell. One is timed and mostly math and verbal question and the second is untimed and focuses on personality traits. Overall not too challanging but definietly makes a difference on how well you score.

Interview Questions
    • If you were hired, how would you go about generating new leads?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm in September 2009.

asked typical questions regarding sales experience. had to take multiple short tests online that showed personality traits, etc. at the end of the interview was asked to sell a random object to the interviewer. overall, a positve experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm in May 2010.

Asked me some questions, had me take an assesment test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Farm in May 2012.

I got an interview through a mutual friend who was working at State Farm and had an initial interview over the phone. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come into interview in person. Standard interview questions based on sales. The company is great!

Interview Questions
    • Other than graduating college, What is your greatest of achievement in life thus far?   Answer Question
    No negotiation...90 day commission only window and then you can negotiate a base salary afterwards

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in May 2012.

Overall was a great experience, took longer than I had anticipated, but everyone was very nice and got back to you in a timely manner. Still work there today

Interview Questions
    • describe a difficult situation and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Farm in July 2010.

Brief interview. He was very friendly, but not a great interviewer. I spent time preparing but he did not ask anything specifically pertaining to my experience. Anyone could have faked the interview.