State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Pomona, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long and they asked me some pretty technical question regarding the insurance industry and why I would be a good fit. They ask you about your personality and how you would resolve certain situation given a scenario. I was interviewed by the manager and another sales agent and I guess he's the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an insurance agent?   1 Answer
  • Can to tell me of time you have a problem with a customer and how you resolve it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

Interview

Filled out online application. Got a call to come in for an in person interview. Had several more interviews. Personality test and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Lansing, MI) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and time consuming. The agent wants to be sure you are the right fit for his business and did not want to have an associate that would not fit well with the agency.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you ever had to deal with professionally.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm in September 2009.

Interview

asked typical questions regarding sales experience. had to take multiple short tests online that showed personality traits, etc. at the end of the interview was asked to sell a random object to the interviewer. overall, a positve experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Pasadena, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Asked me some questions, had me take an assesment test.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I got an interview through a mutual friend who was working at State Farm and had an initial interview over the phone. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come into interview in person. Standard interview questions based on sales. The company is great!

Interview Questions

• Other than graduating college, What is your greatest of achievement in life thus far?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation...90 day commission only window and then you can negotiate a base salary afterwards

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Malta, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Overall was a great experience, took longer than I had anticipated, but everyone was very nice and got back to you in a timely manner. Still work there today

Interview Questions

• describe a difficult situation and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm in September 2011.

Interview

The interview and hiring process is pretty straight forward, you will take assessements to gauge your apptitude to sell. One is timed and mostly math and verbal question and the second is untimed and focuses on personality traits. Overall not too challanging but definietly makes a difference on how well you score.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired, how would you go about generating new leads?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

Interview

If you sell yourself well as a fighter for sales, you will get the job. If you are not cut out for sales you will fail out in no time.

Interview Questions

• How did you survive in this business if so many fail out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Responded to job posting on Craigslist for sales rep job at agency. Submitted my resume via email. The agency replied within 2 days asking a that I answer a few questions, which I did. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview. I came, they handed me a job application and some test (math, grammar, IQ type, aptitude type tests.) After the the test I was told that someone would call me for for the next step in the hiring process. I said OK and left. I was still sitting in my car outside the agency when the agent called me asking me to come back in for the interview. I told him that I was still outside if he wanted me to come back in. He said yes and I was interviewed by his office manager. A couple weeks went by then I received a call from the office manager, she offered me the job over the phone. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• If I would take $16 to start   1 Answer