State Farm

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – Quick interview with agent

Interview Question – Just ask for basic interests and previous experience   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – I was recruited by my current employer but we still had a series of interviews. I also met the area and district managers and was able to make sure that my future wish to become a sales only, commission based employee would happen. I love working from home and controlling my own hours/income.

Interview Question – I don't really remember and difficult questions.   Answer Question

Gastonia, NC

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – applied online received a call for an interview and then once I got the interview he called me and I was offered the job

Interview Question – How would I get someone to buy a life insurance policy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was easy

Palm Springs, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring was one on one interview with the State Farm Agent of the local branch. Asked how I reacted to confrontational situations, if I liked to work with a team and sales experience.

Interview Question – If there is an individual who came into the office talking on the phone and the phone rang what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. I just accepted the offer.

Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in October 2011.

Interview Details – I switched offices so it was an extremely easy process. Even the first office I was hired at was easy hiring, but that was kind of a sink or swim hiring process. If you're licensed, moral, and determined there shouldn't be a reason you can't get a job at an agent's office and succeed. Good entry level position, but the small office structure means the culture will differ depending on the agent. State Farm as a company though has an awesome culture, I feel it puts the customer first.

The downfall is that it is somewhat selective on who should be customers.

Interview Questions

Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in January 2009.

Interview Details – A sit down interview with the agent followed by a personality test. It was very laid back and open but it would depend on which agent you interview with. Some have different requirements of their workers. Salary and commission structure vary also.

Interview Question – What attracts you to a career in sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer was made and it was take it or leave it. A great place to work if you are more concerned with the work environment than salary.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2010.

Interview Details – Agent was looking for college graduates who could assist in growing his book of business. Follow-up was sporadic, but I believe that was due to the agent's frequent absence from the office.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable speaking with individuals you have no prior connection with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult to leverage prior salary for an increase. Major selling point is potential to inherit your own agency and book of business once you establish yourself as a regional leader.

Cranberry Twp, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the agent and then I had a face-to-face personal interview with the agent. We reviewed the job description. I was introduced to the office environment that day and also invited back to see the daily processes for an afternoon.

Allen, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm in July 2010.

Interview Details – Brief interview. He was very friendly, but not a great interviewer. I spent time preparing but he did not ask anything specifically pertaining to my experience. Anyone could have faked the interview.

Interview Question – What is AV?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Sent in an online application. E-mailed me back for a phone interview. Had a hour long phone interview and was asked to do an online assessment. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Biggest difficulty you have faced.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.