State Farm

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.5

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

If you sell yourself well as a fighter for sales, you will get the job. If you are not cut out for sales you will fail out in no time.

Interview Questions
  • How did you survive in this business if so many fail out?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Sales Representative Interview

three rounds. first round talking with supervisor about general questions and second round talking with him about career choice, third around with the agent. talking about the compensation. It was not hard at all. nailed...

no negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Assessments need to be completed. Usually 2 interviews on the process. One with the agent another with the rest of the staff. Standard questions about your background, experience. Provide examples of how you handle diff situations at work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

interviewed at State Farm in July 2012.

Brief interview with the agent of the office. Go over the quota they expect in sales. Very laid back. You just have to show that you are motivated and are willing to work for money. They show you a few generic slides State Farm gives them about income and different products State Farm offers.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

I received email asking if I could come in for 1:1 interview. The interviewee asked a lot of general, "personal" & " unusual" questions.

Interview Questions
    • what is your favorite color? what animal you would be?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Farm in September 2011.

The interview and hiring process is pretty straight forward, you will take assessements to gauge your apptitude to sell. One is timed and mostly math and verbal question and the second is untimed and focuses on personality traits. Overall not too challanging but definietly makes a difference on how well you score.

Interview Questions
    • If you were hired, how would you go about generating new leads?   Answer Question

Quick interview with agent

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Sent in an online application. E-mailed me back for a phone interview. Had a hour long phone interview and was asked to do an online assessment. Still waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in December 2009.

The interview process was very detailed and time consuming. The agent wants to be sure you are the right fit for his business and did not want to have an associate that would not fit well with the agency.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you ever had to deal with professionally.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

I was recruited by my current employer but we still had a series of interviews. I also met the area and district managers and was able to make sure that my future wish to become a sales only, commission based employee would happen. I love working from home and controlling my own hours/income.