State Farm

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dunwoody, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Interview Details – Received interview request via email. Had about 1 month to prepare. Did lots of preparation including recording my response to tell me about yourself question. Interviewed with a panel of 3. Interview went very well. I left feeling like I did great! I was told I would hear something in about a week or so. Received contingent offer in about 2 days! Offer contingent upon background check. Received final offer in about 3 weeks. However I interviewed in December and job did not start until March. They sent several follow up emails during your waiting period.

Interview Question – Can't recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate. I thought the offer was quite low, however I decided it would be good to get my foot in the door with a company like State Farm and was very excited to accept the offer.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in July 2013 online for this position and then I received an email a week later asking to complete the online screening assessments. Then I received an email and I just discovered that I said I had competitive results which I didn't discover until I read the email twice. So after that, a month and a week passed and I was sent an email about scheduling a phone interview. I called and scheduled my phone interview. After my phone interview, I was offered a contingent offer. Here is where its get funny A few days later, I received my actual contingent offer and then 2 days later I receive the information for Hire Right to do the background check and drug test. This process was quicker than I expected. Hire right is going to want to know the names, numbers and incomes of your last employers. I thought it was a bit weird, but I did it any way ( They requested my tax forms which was a bit annoying, but I gave in ) and then that was it. And then I actually contacted State Farm and was informed that everything was approved -but they didn't communicate this through my job offer. I personally contacted this person and then 2 and half weeks later- I receive my final job offer . I thought it would never come. So here it goes. My little timeline
July 20-Applied for Job
July 24/25 Contacted to do online assessment-completed the assessment
July 30: I was then told that I had competitive results
August 29: Was contacted to conduct an interview..scheduled one for next day or same day
offered the job
October 1: received final job offer. I will begin the next month
In the interview, I was very comfortable with my interviewer . She was so kind though and sweet. I really enjoyed talking to her, although I rambled so much and I felt like I answered some of the questions poorly because I was nervous and I believe you can prepare for an interview-but I also do not want to be fake and have pretend answers.
You will be asked situational questions..what happened when a customer
an example when you have shown exceptional customer service
tell me a little about yourself is actually NOT asking you about your life...talk about being adamant , being super focused , organized and particular about details

I heard it takes 2 months with some people, 4 months with others. Since, I'll begin in a month, My process took 4 months exactly !!!!!!

good luck children

Interview Question – I feel really weird answering questions about tell me about a time when you have disagreed with a manager and how did you handle it..ERRRRHHH weird right..so that I suppose   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate. Ha! I said yes to the money

Underwriting Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – You will have to take a pre-screening test online. Now the test is something you do at home and you have a very limited window to do so. It is basic stuff such as office, personal and just general knowledge You will have a first interview which may be a panel. You may then be called back for another panel interview.

Interview Question – You will be asked a lot about what type of work you like to do/have done. You need to let them know that you can work under pressure and that you can follow directions and meet goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are called and offered the job and you will receive and email with the offer.

DuPont, WA

I applied online and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, last one before a group.

Interview Question – Classic questions asked, nothing unusual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase

Underwritting Assistant Interview

Underwritting Assistant
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very specific process to follow, very professional people greet you and take you to the interview room and you are interviewed by 2-3 team members. The interviewers were professional, straight to the point and very nice. They made the interview very comfortable. The whole process is a bit long though, they do take their time and are very selective. You have to follow up every step of the process as specified or they will terminate the offer and you will not be allowed to apply again for another job until 12 months after.

Interview Question – To give examples of scenarios for different problems to be solved by you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Email after the interview and then the rest of the hiring process continued....

Dunwoody, GA

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email about a week later stating that they would like to do a telephone interview the next day. The telephone interview was easy, very informative, with a lot of opportunity to tell my story. I am now in the waiting phase, I was told I would know something within 2 weeks, so next week I will hopefully be receiving great news!

Very Easy Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in March 2013.

Interview Details – I took a series of online assessments that are common for customer service-type positions. Then I received an email. Next was a phone screening. Fairly straightforward. The way the position was promoted was as if it was an entry-level position in the underwriting department. When I actually went to the interview, the department manager kept talking about mail, mailings, correspondence. For the life of me, I was wondering why in the world was this man keep talking about mail! The other interviewer was from the underwriting department. As I was sharing my interest in learning more about underwriting, she abruptly told me that it had nothing to do with underwriting. A complete waste of my time for a glorified mailroom job when I was very clear about what I was looking for during the phone interview.

Interview Question – Very basic.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and about 2 months later was emailed with an interview date and time. I should say that I've had 3 previous interviews for different positions at State Farm. I work for a temp company placed at State Farm and already was doing very similar job to what I interviewed for. My State Farm supervisors put in a good word for me and even gave me a mock interview. I thought I nailed the interview but apparently wasn't what they wanted. Good luck getting a job here they are Mega picky and they would rather hire someone off the street than a temp that has been there 9 months.

Interview Question – No question was difficult it was easy interview. I had an answer for every question they asked me.   Answer Question

Dunwoody, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in March 2013.

Interview Details – Although somewhat lengthy it was pretty straight-forward. I applied online on 2/7 and received an invitation to take an online assessment that same day. The test involves four parts: battery (behavioral), typing, scenario, and problem solving which are all timed. One tip about the test...READING and FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS are FUNDAMENTAL!! Was notified of my competitive screening results on 2/11 via email indicating that I will be notified by a member of HR if selected for an interview. Received an email from HR on 2/12 congratulating me on being selected for a face-to-face panel interview on 3/5.

Interviewed with a department manager and a member of HR and was made to feel comfortable during the interview process. Be prepared to give specific examples to interview questions!

Received a contingent offer on 3/12 pending background check and drug screen. Salary is set pay and provided during contingent offer, take it or leave it. However, the benefits make it worth it and it's a good way to get your foot in the door since the company strongly believes in promoting from within.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of how you have demonstrated your ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver results. Describe the situation and the manner in which you addresses it.   View Answer
  • Please give me an example of a time when you had to solve a problem. Describe the problem, and then describe the steps you took to solve it. Was this the best way to solve the problem? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The starting salary is provided with the offer - take it or leave it.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone interview, customer service test, panel interview, background screening and drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiaition. The salary is pre-determined.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!