State Farm

2.6

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in August 2014.

I applied for the position 06/28/2014 and receive an email on 07/02/14 to take their pre employment testing within 7 days. I completed the tests online which consisted of data entry, mock customer service call and a survey, this process took about an hour and 45 minutes. After that I got an email on 07/03/14 telling me congrats on my competitive results and that a hr rep would contact me if I was selected to interview for the position. 07/30/14 I receive an email inviting me to interview for the position on 08/05/14. I go in for the interview and they did a small intro telling about the position and the pay which was $30,000 for a lot of work and when the job started which was 09/30/14. After that their was an interview with one of the hiring managers which was 30 mins long the manager asked the usual behavioral questions: example tell me a time you dealt with a diffcult customer and how did you resolve it. After a few weeks I checked the website and it states "hiring manager still reviewing" and it said that all the way till the position was supposed to start and never was updated. Anyways I never received a rejection email or anything. Was a waste of my time.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Underwriting Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Farm.

You will have to take a pre-screening test online. Now the test is something you do at home and you have a very limited window to do so. It is basic stuff such as office, personal and just general knowledge You will have a first interview which may be a panel. You may then be called back for another panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked a lot about what type of work you like to do/have done. You need to let them know that you can work under pressure and that you can follow directions and meet goals.   Answer Question
    You are called and offered the job and you will receive and email with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in August 2013.

I applied in July 2013 online for this position and then I received an email a week later asking to complete the online screening assessments. Then I received an email and I just discovered that I said I had competitive results which I didn't discover until I read the email twice. So after that, a month and a week passed and I was sent an email about scheduling a phone interview. I called and scheduled my phone interview. After my phone interview, I was offered a contingent offer. Here is where its get funny A few days later, I received my actual contingent offer and then 2 days later I receive the information for Hire Right to do the background check and drug test. This process was quicker than I expected. Hire right is going to want to know the names, numbers and incomes of your last employers. I thought it was a bit weird, but I did it any way ( They requested my tax forms which was a bit annoying, but I gave in ) and then that was it. And then I actually contacted State Farm and was informed that everything was approved -but they didn't communicate this through my job offer. I personally contacted this person and then 2 and half weeks later- I receive my final job offer . I thought it would never come. So here it goes. My little timeline
    July 20-Applied for Job
    July 24/25 Contacted to do online assessment-completed the assessment
    July 30: I was then told that I had competitive results
    August 29: Was contacted to conduct an interview..scheduled one for next day or same day
    offered the job
    October 1: received final job offer. I will begin the next month
    In the interview, I was very comfortable with my interviewer . She was so kind though and sweet. I really enjoyed talking to her, although I rambled so much and I felt like I answered some of the questions poorly because I was nervous and I believe you can prepare for an interview-but I also do not want to be fake and have pretend answers.
    You will be asked situational questions..what happened when a customer
    an example when you have shown exceptional customer service
    tell me a little about yourself is actually NOT asking you about your life...talk about being adamant , being super focused , organized and particular about details

I heard it takes 2 months with some people, 4 months with others. Since, I'll begin in a month, My process took 4 months exactly !!!!!!

good luck children

Interview Questions
    • I feel really weird answering questions about tell me about a time when you have disagreed with a manager and how did you handle it..ERRRRHHH weird right..so that I suppose   View Answer
    Negotiate. Ha! I said yes to the money

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuPont, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuPont, WA

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

3 interviews, last one before a group.

no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

I applied online and received an email about a week later stating that they would like to do a telephone interview the next day. The telephone interview was easy, very informative, with a lot of opportunity to tell my story. I am now in the waiting phase, I was told I would know something within 2 weeks, so next week I will hopefully be receiving great news!

Underwritting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm in May 2013.

Very specific process to follow, very professional people greet you and take you to the interview room and you are interviewed by 2-3 team members. The interviewers were professional, straight to the point and very nice. They made the interview very comfortable. The whole process is a bit long though, they do take their time and are very selective. You have to follow up every step of the process as specified or they will terminate the offer and you will not be allowed to apply again for another job until 12 months after.

Interview Questions
    • To give examples of scenarios for different problems to be solved by you.   View Answer
    Email after the interview and then the rest of the hiring process continued....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in April 2013.

Applied online and about 2 months later was emailed with an interview date and time. I should say that I've had 3 previous interviews for different positions at State Farm. I work for a temp company placed at State Farm and already was doing very similar job to what I interviewed for. My State Farm supervisors put in a good word for me and even gave me a mock interview. I thought I nailed the interview but apparently wasn't what they wanted. Good luck getting a job here they are Mega picky and they would rather hire someone off the street than a temp that has been there 9 months.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult it was easy interview. I had an answer for every question they asked me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in March 2013.

Although somewhat lengthy it was pretty straight-forward. I applied online on 2/7 and received an invitation to take an online assessment that same day. The test involves four parts: battery (behavioral), typing, scenario, and problem solving which are all timed. One tip about the test...READING and FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS are FUNDAMENTAL!! Was notified of my competitive screening results on 2/11 via email indicating that I will be notified by a member of HR if selected for an interview. Received an email from HR on 2/12 congratulating me on being selected for a face-to-face panel interview on 3/5.

Interviewed with a department manager and a member of HR and was made to feel comfortable during the interview process. Be prepared to give specific examples to interview questions!

Received a contingent offer on 3/12 pending background check and drug screen. Salary is set pay and provided during contingent offer, take it or leave it. However, the benefits make it worth it and it's a good way to get your foot in the door since the company strongly believes in promoting from within.

Interview Questions
    • Give a specific example of how you have demonstrated your ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver results. Describe the situation and the manner in which you addresses it.   View Answer
    • Please give me an example of a time when you had to solve a problem. Describe the problem, and then describe the steps you took to solve it. Was this the best way to solve the problem? Why or why not?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The starting salary is provided with the offer - take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in March 2013.

I took a series of online assessments that are common for customer service-type positions. Then I received an email. Next was a phone screening. Fairly straightforward. The way the position was promoted was as if it was an entry-level position in the underwriting department. When I actually went to the interview, the department manager kept talking about mail, mailings, correspondence. For the life of me, I was wondering why in the world was this man keep talking about mail! The other interviewer was from the underwriting department. As I was sharing my interest in learning more about underwriting, she abruptly told me that it had nothing to do with underwriting. A complete waste of my time for a glorified mailroom job when I was very clear about what I was looking for during the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in February 2013.

Applied online, phone interview, customer service test, panel interview, background screening and drug test.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiaition. The salary is pre-determined.