State Industrial Products

Updated May 1, 2014
Updated May 1, 2014

3.3

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interviewed with manager, and regional manager.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I met with the the CEO as he said he likes to see the faces of the young people they bring in to potentially work for the company. I was asked the standard series of interview questions, and ended up having to take a series of analytic tests that were almost identical to what I had to fill out online when I was applying.

Interview Questions
    • What separates you from our other candidates? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Initial contact with recruiter went very well. Talked with local district manager to set up interview. After the interview I was asked to go on a ride along day with another account manager to see the position. This was very helpful to see the position first hand. I liked what I saw and was offered the position and accepted the position.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Industrial Products in February 2014.

Apply and if you spark their interest they will send you a personality assessment and a many iq test. If you pass you get an interview. If you pass that interview you'll go out in the field and shadow another sales rep. After that you may receive a formal offer and a contract.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do for fun? --caught me off guard   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. I was happy to get a job out of college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Applied on line. Got a phone call from a recruiter, Justin. Took online assessment. Got called in for a face-to-face interview with the CEO. After which went on a shadow day during which time I realized this company was outdated and not a good fit for a college graduate.

Interview Questions
    • Owner talked a lot about how amazing the organization was when in reality it was the exact opposite.   Answer Question

poor reputation. Lack of mission and vision. A lot of talk with no results.

Account Manager Interview

I applied then received a phone call about a week later. I had three interviews (Telephone, In-Person, Field Ride) The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes with general questions. The in-person interview lasted 20 more minutes and was a lot more in-depth. The field ride was for me to see the day to day situations that I would be faced with as well as a behavioral test.

Interview Questions
    • I have no idea how to answer this because the interview was about a year ago. The hardest question was, Where do you see yourself in 5 years? because this was my first outside sales job and I did not know what to expect.   Answer Question

NONE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at State Industrial Products.

High level interview process. I had 4 interviews with various people and several tests that took up to 2 hours to complete. Took incredibly long before i even heard back from anyone. Then came negitiating salaries which made the process take even longer. Way to many tests.

took forever

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at State Industrial Products in September 2012.

They have an extensive application and test that must be taken before you can have an interview. The test took nearly 3 hours and asked pretty invasive questions including political beliefs. There was also a timed portion with a large number of questions with a very small amount of time to answer them. If you do not have the desired results on the test you will not proceed to an interview. None of the questions had anything to do with the position.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specific questions but I do remember wondering how it was acceptable for them to ask such questions on the test   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Industrial Products in June 2011.

phone interview and in person interview plus they have u take a Thurow test, it takes 2 hours to complete and portions are timed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Industrial Products in January 2010.

Initial interview then a field shadow day

There wasn't much negotiation

Worked for State Industrial Products? Contribute to the Community!