State Industrial Products Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2015

3.2

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Babylon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Industrial Products (Babylon, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call the following day from the district manager. He explained the position and asked me to go take the test online a personality test. I took the test and he called back for a face to face interview. We set up the interview at a local restaurant. He seems like a very nice guy but he ask some very inappropriate questions like: do you have kids? How did you pay for your school? Where are you from originally? When I didn't answer he tried to play it off. These are illegal questions. Good interview question was, tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision? He asked many Typically behavioral interview questions. He invited me for a ride along a week later in the Bronx. We supposed to meet at local Home Depot but when I got there I could not find it. GPS
    won't bring you there. Be aware, he said, he was a test. You have to drive around under the bridge then you will find it. Once again the girl asked me if I have kids. If I was married? I think the manager told her to ask me those questions. when I got home the regional manager called and asked do I see myself doIng this kind a job? I said yes. The following day he sent an email saying he will go with someone else. I think having kids had a lot to do with it. Because they emphasized on it to much. He is a very tricky guy for example, he asked, what time you wake up in the morning 11 o'clock while he was smiling... Please be careful of those tricky questions let your guard down.

Sale Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

applied online, one phone call from region manger where we set up an in person meeting. About a week after that we scheduled a full day ride along and was offered a position remotely after.....quick easy nice people

Interview Questions

• conversation speaking about my experiences and why i wanted to work there   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

Interviewed with manager, and regional manager.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I met with the the CEO as he said he likes to see the faces of the young people they bring in to potentially work for the company. I was asked the standard series of interview questions, and ended up having to take a series of analytic tests that were almost identical to what I had to fill out online when I was applying.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from our other candidates? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

Initial contact with recruiter went very well. Talked with local district manager to set up interview. After the interview I was asked to go on a ride along day with another account manager to see the position. This was very helpful to see the position first hand. I liked what I saw and was offered the position and accepted the position.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Industrial Products in February 2014.

Interview

Apply and if you spark their interest they will send you a personality assessment and a many iq test. If you pass you get an interview. If you pass that interview you'll go out in the field and shadow another sales rep. After that you may receive a formal offer and a contract.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun? --caught me off guard   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I was happy to get a job out of college.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Industrial Products (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied on line. Got a phone call from a recruiter, Justin. Took online assessment. Got called in for a face-to-face interview with the CEO. After which went on a shadow day during which time I realized this company was outdated and not a good fit for a college graduate.

Interview Questions

• Owner talked a lot about how amazing the organization was when in reality it was the exact opposite.   Answer Question

poor reputation. Lack of mission and vision. A lot of talk with no results.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

I applied then received a phone call about a week later. I had three interviews (Telephone, In-Person, Field Ride) The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes with general questions. The in-person interview lasted 20 more minutes and was a lot more in-depth. The field ride was for me to see the day to day situations that I would be faced with as well as a behavioral test.

Interview Questions

• I have no idea how to answer this because the interview was about a year ago. The hardest question was, Where do you see yourself in 5 years? because this was my first outside sales job and I did not know what to expect.   Answer Question

NONE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Industrial Products (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

High level interview process. I had 4 interviews with various people and several tests that took up to 2 hours to complete. Took incredibly long before i even heard back from anyone. Then came negitiating salaries which made the process take even longer. Way to many tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

took forever

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Industrial Products (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

They have an extensive application and test that must be taken before you can have an interview. The test took nearly 3 hours and asked pretty invasive questions including political beliefs. There was also a timed portion with a large number of questions with a very small amount of time to answer them. If you do not have the desired results on the test you will not proceed to an interview. None of the questions had anything to do with the position.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions but I do remember wondering how it was acceptable for them to ask such questions on the test   Answer Question