State Street

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Interviewer is nice, asked some technical questions, about derivatives, time series, fixed income products, and behavioral questions like what is your interest, disadvantages, advantages, what is your understanding about our company, last about 1h

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hadley, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hadley, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

Very easy interview process, definitely no trick questions. As a student in college it was a good pay, but for a graduate it would be low. The hiring process went quickly, but the job is mundane. Does not seem to be much organization and management did not really know what they were doing.

Interview Questions
    I was handed a contract that I read and signed, I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in December 2011.

A basic background review of the position, a review of the skills necessary, and a discussion about my skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in June 2009.

This was just a phone interview with HR. The woman who I spoke with was courteous. It was obvious that the hiring for this position was very competitive, and she was honest about that. Seems like a positive place to work with a conservative work environment.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in December 2008.

I received a called within a few days of applying. The initial called from HR was to ensure the candidate understood the compensation salary at state street. State street is notorious for offering low starting salaries to new college and university graduates. After discussing my salary expectations, we we set an interview for the following week.

The hiring process is in two phases:

1) You initially meet with HR who will ask you a number of cookie cutter questions
    2) You meet with your prospective manager and questions are also not that challenging strengths,weakness etc etc

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They have an inflexible compensation schedule