State Street

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Hadley, MA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process, definitely no trick questions. As a student in college it was a good pay, but for a graduate it would be low. The hiring process went quickly, but the job is mundane. Does not seem to be much organization and management did not really know what they were doing.

Interview Question – What sparked your interest in finance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was handed a contract that I read and signed, I did not negotiate.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in December 2011.

Interview Details – A basic background review of the position, a review of the skills necessary, and a discussion about my skills.

Interview Questions

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in June 2009.

Interview Details – This was just a phone interview with HR. The woman who I spoke with was courteous. It was obvious that the hiring for this position was very competitive, and she was honest about that. Seems like a positive place to work with a conservative work environment.

Interview Question – What is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in December 2008.

Interview Details – I received a called within a few days of applying. The initial called from HR was to ensure the candidate understood the compensation salary at state street. State street is notorious for offering low starting salaries to new college and university graduates. After discussing my salary expectations, we we set an interview for the following week.

The hiring process is in two phases:

1) You initially meet with HR who will ask you a number of cookie cutter questions
2) You meet with your prospective manager and questions are also not that challenging strengths,weakness etc etc

Interview Question – Do you think you are smarter then your manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They have an inflexible compensation schedule

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.