State Street Associate I Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.1

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

HR did a phone a screen. They asked general work history questions, what do you know about the company, why do you want to work there, etc. They set up an in-person interview the next week. Interviewed with two people. They read questions from a form. It was relaxed. Received an offer that week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Very simple just smile and get them to like you they hire any and everyone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation set salary for everyone I think everyone starts at $32,000

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview to help screen candidates, was invited for a 2 on 1 interview at State Street, all behavioral questions no technical questions, interview lasted for about an hour, heard back 3 weeks before with the offer and had only a day and a half to decide

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied through company website. Interview scheduled within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very relaxed. No difficult or unexpected questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation

entry level, no negotiation - received offer a couple days after interview

Associate I Interview

Interview

I was hired on the spot, papers signed same day. Very relaxed, two interviewers is common.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simply a temp offer

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street in September 2013.

Interview

Phone recruiter calls to screen you, your info gets sent to the manager who is hiring for the position, who decides if they want to interview you or not. Manager will come meet you in the lobby and bring you upstairs to a room, usually you will sit down with two dfferent managers in 30 minute intervals. Very basic, broad behavioral questions (Describe a time when you overcame a hardship, Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision etc.) Sometimes the managers that you interview with are not on the team that you are applying for, so make sure that you understand exactly what job it is that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was take it or leave it from the company, either I took their figure or they revoke the offer.

Associate I Interview

Interview

They had a good interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not bad.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview I had with my now current boss was great. I was asked straightforward questions about my experience and felt incredibly comfortable asking my own. We discussed the role at large; what my key responsibilities would be as well as how these responsibilities contributed to the group. I was incredibly aware of what I was walking into. However, my HR rep was the worst. The person was incredibly closed off and rude. Had I interviewed with that person instead of my boss, I would never have accepted the position. That HR rep could stand to take a few courses in salemanship as well as a few lessons in common courtesy and decency.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty straightforward. I was given the job description in advance so I was able to prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent. The HR rep who was supposed to help faciliate was more of a road block than anything.

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Alameda, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

I applied online through the SSB careers website and got a call from HR one week later. Interview consisted of a 20-minute phone interview with the HR person where I was given the chance to share my background and interest. HR was friendly and was open to any questions I had about the company and the specific role. I received a call back from HR about a week after the phone interview asking me to come in for an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of a 15 minute casual one-on-one interview with the HR person, and a 1-hour group/panel interview with three managers. Interview questions were straight forward. Most questions were based on my previous experience, and behavioral questions were also asked. I received an offer two weeks after the group/panel interview. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an issue with a team member, and what steps did you take to resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was impossible. Consider State Street only as a place to get financial services experience, but not as a place to stay for long term.

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street in November 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews the first was with the unit manager. The second interview was on-site with two managers from different levels within the company. The idea was to see how you could interact with different levels of people within the company. All interviews were split into both technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were based on personal experiences so coming up with examples that they had not heard often was challenging. One question they did ask was "Was there ever a problem that occurred as a result of decisions that I had made?"   Answer Question