State Street

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate II Interview

Applied through online application. Was contacted 5 days later for info sessions and informal networking. Interview on site a week later. All behavior questions. 45 minutes long with an AVP and a VP. Very friendly and relaxed environment. Most questions revolved around working in group setting and how I resolve conflict. Open ended. Went over resume for a brief amount of the time. No technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you dealt with data. Tell me about a time you were commended on your communication. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Street.

Hiring manager was very cocky, it definitely pleasures him to have that power over you, like he has never been on the other side. When receiving a thank you note, he always reads it, but just to find any mistake that would be a sufficient reason not to hire you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in October 2012.

My original interview, when I first started at State Street, was based on a behavioral type interview. The questions were all focused on responding to different situations. The interview was not challenging at all. Try to be specific (if you are desperate enough to want the job). For my promotion, the same questions occurred - how did you react in this situation, how have you improved upon a situation, why are you the best candidate, etc.

Negotiations aren't available within SS.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in April 2012.

I was interviewed by 3 different groups. Then they would discuss among each others on which group to place me on. They took very long to get back to me though.

Interview Questions
    I did negotiation on emails because I knew that it would be hard for me to negotiate on the phone (personal view). They raised it from 40K to 42K