State Street Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.5

100 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Fund Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Interview process was structured, Interviewer had prepared questions with specific scenarios based on Manager situations overseeing subordinate employees. an example question was how would you resolve a conflict with subordinates who were not getting along.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle crisis management issue related to team member that had personal issues not related to work.   Answer Question
    I thought the process was fair, they requested compensation history which I provided. They came in at 10% above my former salary and extended an extra week of vacation and much higher bonus pool.

SSGM Officer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in July 2014.

Applied online was contacted two weeks later by State Street's HR department. Quick phone call, mostly informational about the position and discussion of my compensation expectations.

Next week went into State Streets office to interview with the VP and and AVP in the group for one hour. Standard discussion of my resume and interests.

Offer extended the next week. Came in somewhat low, they came back the next week with a higher offer but was still lower than what I was offered at another company I interviewed with during the same period.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions about my experience and handling different difficult situations that can occur when managing various stakeholders on one project   View Answer

Initial offer was low, was able to negotiate for an addtional $5k but still came in under what another company offered where the work was also more interesting

Accounting & Pricing Specialist, I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Street in June 2014.

Behavioral and some technical questions. State street is a great place to launch your career in the industry, nothing unexpected in the interview process, mainly they want to know that you are a person that is reliable and adaptable.

Be confident.

Fund Administrator, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in June 2014.

Applied online. Received a phone call from a recruiter about a week later. Recruiter told me about some positions that matched the resume I applied with online. I told the recruiter I was interested in two of the positions and then recruiter sent along my resume to hiring managers. Found out a week later that for both positions, the hiring mangers did not want to interview me. Almost lost hope, but emailed recruiter again and was provided a similar position to the other two, which I told recruiter I was interested in. Recruiter sent along my resume to hiring managers and got back to me same day saying the managers wanted to interview me. A few days later I was at the interview before two hiring managers. Weren't looking for too much experience but asked questions about experience on resume that was relevant and also asked several behavioral/ situational questions. Overall, the interview experience was fair and only lasted 40 mins. Best advice: Speak clearly and confidently.

Interview Questions
    • Can you provide a detailed example of a time when you exhibited strong time management skills to accomplish a goal or task?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street.

Went in and met with about four people at varying levels of seniority. Questions were easy. Progressed from interviewer to interviewer they all asked the same basic questions. I was given an offer in the interview.

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

15 minute Phone interview, and then two one-on-one interviews with account managers. very structured and standard interview question - - strengths, weaknesses, and experiences

Interview Questions
    • the initial interview questions are very common interview questions   Answer Question
    Initial offer was very straight forward with standard starting salary with little room to negotiate. the salary was a bit lower than expected but i was reassured that there would be over-time and bonus opportunities however this did not turn out to be accurate in my group. over-time opportunities are definitely available in some groups but not all.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Street in March 2014.

received email from internal employee, met with him few days later, waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • if i had any experience with many derivative related applications.   View Answer

Client Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Street.

Recruiting Coordinators are very friendly and prompt. Scheduled an interview within a few days of admitting my application. Interviewed with two managers, one after another. Very loose and comfortable environment, no strange or unnecessary questions.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were basic behavioral/background questions. "How are you working in groups? Strenghts? Weaknesses? Have you ever had to meet a strict deadline?" etc.   Answer Question

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street.

Fairly easy, met with Director, Recruiter, and current RC

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Street.

I obtained this job through a recruiter at my school. The process is brief, only including a application 1:1 interview and then a group interview. MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR HOMEWORK on this company they ask alot of "why us" questions

Better offer