State Street Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.5

Pricing Specialist Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Phone interview led to an in person interview. People were easy to talk to. No questions attempting to trick me, straight forward interviewing process. Offered and accepted the job happy with the interview experience.

Client Operations Manager, Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone then in person interview. Phone was very generic simple describe your work history. Basic behavioral questions as well. Was told the The interview will be anywhere from a half hour to an hour and will occur at the Channel Center Building. Was on time professional group, everyone seemed to be very polite

Future Focus Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a breif phone interview. The following day, I was contacted to set up an interview at the company that week. The in person interview was about 45 minutes with two State Street employees. It was your typical behavioral questions. After asking certain questions, they went through my resume, then I had the chance to ask questions. Overall it was an easy and quick process, but a positive one.

Interview Questions

• situational questions about groups; how do you check your work; leadership experience   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR after two weeks. Set up an interview in the following week. Was first interviewed by two people which lasted about 30 min, and then was interviewed by the manager which took about 30 min.

PDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very regular questions, some behavioral and a few simple technique questions. It was a two-round 30 minutes interview with the heads of the team. The managers weren't overly aggressive and they were rather nice to talk to. The interview was at State Street's new building so that area is a little ghetto and not really easy to find. You have to walk a certain distance.

Fund Accountant Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Info Session and Networking event that was a waste of time honestly. Met with a few managers who you most likely would not even be working for. Overall they just wanted to make sure you were able to speak and look like a professional. Then went back for a 2v1 interview where I answered basic questions and got an offer a week later

Low Salary

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after applying online and got asked some basic questions verifying the info I put online. Took a while after that to get an interview (2 months). I was offered interviews for several different positions and set up an appointment for an interview the following week. The interview itself was very straight forward and entirely behavioral/ experience questions in a two on one setting. The questions were draw from a generic sheet but managers had discretion as to which questions to ask. After the interview it took two weeks to hear back with an offer. As a side note there is some disorganization between recruiters. I on multiple occasions was contacted by other State Street recruiters who were not aware of the fact I was already in contact. That being said my primary recruiter was always quick to respond to emails and calls (when i had questions).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a process more efficient.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation except for start date.

PDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

The current employer in the program is the interviewer. The process is very standard, as well as the question. The whole process lasted for 30 mins, and I could tell they have a large base of candidates. When the interview processed close to 30 min, the guy told me he had another interview appointment with another candidate, coming right next.

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Extremely long and very inefficient process. It took me longer than 5 months. I went through a first round interview, which went extremely well, and was told to expect a 2nd round call back. After following up, I found out that the details of my 1st round had been lost & I had to re-do the 1st round interview with another interviewer. Again, was told to expect a 2nd round call back after a good interview, but didn't receive a 2nd interview despite proceeding to the 2nd round. Very inconsistent process, extremely inefficient, and company shows no consideration for candidates' time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for State Street? What are your long term career objectives? What do you hope to gain from the PDP?   Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Friendly hiring staff. Will keep you informed on interview decision frequently. The recruiter was frank about where I stood in the application process. Its important to practice behavioral questions and basic tell me about yourself questions