State Street

Relevance Date Difficulty

Fund Administration Director Interview

Fund Administration Director
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. I was contacted by a recruiter and everything was set up through him. I met with two people and the questions were pretty basic and straightforward. It seemed to be more about my personality and whether I would fit well within the team than about my technical expertise.

Fund Administrator, Associate I Interview

Fund Administrator, Associate I
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a phone call from a recruiter about a week later. Recruiter told me about some positions that matched the resume I applied with online. I told the recruiter I was interested in two of the positions and then recruiter sent along my resume to hiring managers. Found out a week later that for both positions, the hiring mangers did not want to interview me. Almost lost hope, but emailed recruiter again and was provided a similar position to the other two, which I told recruiter I was interested in. Recruiter sent along my resume to hiring managers and got back to me same day saying the managers wanted to interview me. A few days later I was at the interview before two hiring managers. Weren't looking for too much experience but asked questions about experience on resume that was relevant and also asked several behavioral/ situational questions. Overall, the interview experience was fair and only lasted 40 mins. Best advice: Speak clearly and confidently.

Interview Question – Can you provide a detailed example of a time when you exhibited strong time management skills to accomplish a goal or task?   Answer Question

Accounting & Pricing Specialist, I Interview

Accounting & Pricing Specialist, I
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

Interview Details – Behavioral and some technical questions. State street is a great place to launch your career in the industry, nothing unexpected in the interview process, mainly they want to know that you are a person that is reliable and adaptable.

Interview Question – What did you have for breakfast?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be confident.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Fund Accountant, Associate I
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter. They set up a phone interview. I was then invited to interview with 2 of the senior associates. They later gave me an offer. It was a pretty simple and to the point process. I think that having an employee referral is the easiest way to get hired.

Interview Question – What did you have for breakfast.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my start date.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – Went in and met with about four people at varying levels of seniority. Questions were easy. Progressed from interviewer to interviewer they all asked the same basic questions. I was given an offer in the interview.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Client Services Associate I Interview

Client Services Associate I
Quincy, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone conversations with a recruiter. 2 Behavioral interviews with senior associates and 1 with assistant vice president. Nothing too complicated, just standard 'what did you/would you do in this situation' and 'tell me more about your involvement with <item on resume' questions. Simple enough if you're prepared

Interview Question – Nothing came across as difficult or unexpected. Behavioral interviews are generally just a get to know you conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Fund Accountant, Associate I
Quincy, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very informal. They mostly ask about time management, attention to details and ability to work as a team. I met with several different people from the team. They were very informative about the role.

Interview Question – No technical questions - they train all entry level team members   Answer Question

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Portfolio Administrator
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street in September 2010.

Interview Details – I wanted to share the story about the offer I got from State Street Corp when I was first hired in 2007. The offer was given over the phone, and the annual salary was disclosed. I then went into an HR office to sign the offer letter, but found that the annual salary listed on the letter was lower by 6.25%. I brought to the attention of the HR rep and she then brought in the lady who called me. She said she was sorry I "misheard" her, but what was in front of me was the offer. From the start, I knew this company was going to treat me like garbage, but I needed a job.

Interview Question – Offer figure bait and switch   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street in March 2014.

Interview Details – received email from internal employee, met with him few days later, waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – if i had any experience with many derivative related applications.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Fund Accountant Associate I
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – 15 minute Phone interview, and then two one-on-one interviews with account managers. very structured and standard interview question - - strengths, weaknesses, and experiences

Interview Question – the initial interview questions are very common interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was very straight forward with standard starting salary with little room to negotiate. the salary was a bit lower than expected but i was reassured that there would be over-time and bonus opportunities however this did not turn out to be accurate in my group. over-time opportunities are definitely available in some groups but not all.

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 113 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.