State Street Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.5

116 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Services Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

I only went on one interview that was set up by my recruiter. It was a fairly simple process. I got a slight tour of the building at first and then we sat in the conference room on the floor that the hiring manager worked on. We had a little small talk and then went over my resume and what the job I was applying for entailed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you worked on.   View Answer

SSGM Officer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2014.

Applied online was contacted two weeks later by State Street's HR department. Quick phone call, mostly informational about the position and discussion of my compensation expectations.

Next week went into State Streets office to interview with the VP and and AVP in the group for one hour. Standard discussion of my resume and interests.

Offer extended the next week. Came in somewhat low, they came back the next week with a higher offer but was still lower than what I was offered at another company I interviewed with during the same period.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions about my experience and handling different difficult situations that can occur when managing various stakeholders on one project   View Answer

Initial offer was low, was able to negotiate for an addtional $5k but still came in under what another company offered where the work was also more interesting

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in April 2012.

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I discussed my resume and experience with 3 team members. The focus was more on what my skills are and if I would like to work on the project. Questions were mostly behavioral with some focus on how i would work on the project. After my initial 3 interviews, I was called in to talk with the SVP of the department. It was a good experience - some difficult questions regarding the project but mostly testing my fit and interest for the project.

Got another offer

Fund Administration Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in November 2012.

The interview process was fairly simple. I was contacted by a recruiter and everything was set up through him. I met with two people and the questions were pretty basic and straightforward. It seemed to be more about my personality and whether I would fit well within the team than about my technical expertise.

Fund Administrator, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

Applied online. Received a phone call from a recruiter about a week later. Recruiter told me about some positions that matched the resume I applied with online. I told the recruiter I was interested in two of the positions and then recruiter sent along my resume to hiring managers. Found out a week later that for both positions, the hiring mangers did not want to interview me. Almost lost hope, but emailed recruiter again and was provided a similar position to the other two, which I told recruiter I was interested in. Recruiter sent along my resume to hiring managers and got back to me same day saying the managers wanted to interview me. A few days later I was at the interview before two hiring managers. Weren't looking for too much experience but asked questions about experience on resume that was relevant and also asked several behavioral/ situational questions. Overall, the interview experience was fair and only lasted 40 mins. Best advice: Speak clearly and confidently.

Interview Questions
    • Can you provide a detailed example of a time when you exhibited strong time management skills to accomplish a goal or task?   Answer Question

Accounting & Pricing Specialist, I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

Behavioral and some technical questions. State street is a great place to launch your career in the industry, nothing unexpected in the interview process, mainly they want to know that you are a person that is reliable and adaptable.

Be confident.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in November 2013.

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter. They set up a phone interview. I was then invited to interview with 2 of the senior associates. They later gave me an offer. It was a pretty simple and to the point process. I think that having an employee referral is the easiest way to get hired.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my start date.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street.

Went in and met with about four people at varying levels of seniority. Questions were easy. Progressed from interviewer to interviewer they all asked the same basic questions. I was given an offer in the interview.

Client Services Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2013.

2 phone conversations with a recruiter. 2 Behavioral interviews with senior associates and 1 with assistant vice president. Nothing too complicated, just standard 'what did you/would you do in this situation' and 'tell me more about your involvement with <item on resume' questions. Simple enough if you're prepared

Interview Questions
    • Nothing came across as difficult or unexpected. Behavioral interviews are generally just a get to know you conversation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in August 2010.

The interview process was very informal. They mostly ask about time management, attention to details and ability to work as a team. I met with several different people from the team. They were very informative about the role.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions - they train all entry level team members   Answer Question

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!