State Street

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street.

Average interview,Mostly behavioral questions, nothing unexpected. took them quiet a while to process my application thought. Phone interview was some basic questions regarding your availability, I was interviewed by a manager

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Street in March 2014.

received email from internal employee, met with him few days later, waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • if i had any experience with many derivative related applications.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street in July 2010.

They were great about explaining position and the expectations. Interview was about past experiences as well as simple sql questions and a mock BA problem. They turn around in regards to if they were interested or not was very fast. Group is looking for people who are big on honesty and transparency.

Office culture is great. Casual work environment and people really do work together.

Interview Questions
    • They give two db tables and ask you how you would do the sql. for example a table of users and addresses. and how do you show which addys are for a person.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in February 2010.

Three managers interviewed as in their set of questions. One senior manager and his two direct reports

Interview Questions
    HR telephoned and I accepted their offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

interviewed at State Street in January 2010.

I've been working for the company for awhile, so this interview was internal and very informal. Managers I've interviewed for were interested in true experiences, what I have delivered in my career, and what extra values I've provided to my teams. At state street it can get easy to get into a routine, so managers are interested to see what kind of new processes and ideas one can bring to the team to make it better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in December 2009.

It was incredibly standard.

Tell us about yourself, what are your strengths, weakness, how do you handle stress, are you technologically saavy. Be prepared to give an example

Generally speaking the culture is laid back, but they really enjoy pomp and circumstance.

The younger employees are for the most part very educated, and know the business better then middle management

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to potentially talk about your understanding of risk streams in your current positions -- areas of risk   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at State Street in March 2013.

Very short interview. Two interviewers-one was Project manager and other was business Analyst. I was called at 4pm but they were late to start the interview. Both of them were welcoming but did not ask any technical questions. The work culture felt independent and exciting

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street.

Usually 2 rounds of interviews (the hiring manager and then the hiring manager's boss)

None. It was an entry level.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Street in December 2011.

I was interviewed for another position in the same company. I had a 1:1 interview with my new manager, then i got a chance for a group interview from my manager's manager (in Sydney) and my matrix manager (in Boston) via video. On the same day, they also interviewed another candidate for the same position. I got the offer finally, I heard from my manager my English skills did help me to win the offer compared with my competitor. (the competitor cannot understand some of their questions in English)
    My advice will be, if you want to apply for a position need to work with some native English speakers, while English is not your mother tongue, good English skill will help you to get the position.

Interview Questions
    • The question themselves are not problem, they only ask what I did in my previous position. The problem for me is that English is my second language and two interviewer and their Sydney and Boston accent.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on my salary, my salary is the same as before as I applied position in same company with same title. But the managers did describes the future opportunity, as the team is newly setup and I am the second one to join the team.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street in October 2011.

It was 50 min long interview.the hiring manager mainly emphasing on their business process and questions related to that only. He asked question related to business process and technical like process diagram.