State Street Fund Accountant Associate I Interview Questions

2.5

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Applied online and heard back in about 3 days to set up the interview. The process felt very robotic, two managers each with the same S.S form with questions. Never deviated from their prepared questions even after they realized I had already answered some.

Interview Questions
  • I tried my best to make the interview feel like a conversation, but it just seemed very structured.   Answer Question

Didn't seem like a good fit for me. Very low salary offer and bad hours 10-630

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Street.

Very quick, simple, and easy process. Applied, interviewed, and was hired within three days. They usually have large hiring rushes in May/June. Easy interview questions with people I never saw again.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, take it or leave it

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street.

They asked what interested me about the job and why I wanted the job. The questions were pretty standard and there weren't any questions that I would say caught me off guard. The interview last for about twenty minutes. Once the interview was completed, I got a call a few days later with an offer.

No negotiation

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Took about a month to finally set up an interview, had to interview with 3 individuals. First person I was suppose to meet with had something else to do so I met with the second interviewer first. Took 1 hour to basically waste time until the person that was suppose to interview me third showed up. It was all a little disorganized, and stressed me out a little bit.

Interview Questions
    • You don't have any good qualifications like many other applicants I've had so why are you here?   View Answer

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

15 minute Phone interview, and then two one-on-one interviews with account managers. very structured and standard interview question - - strengths, weaknesses, and experiences

Interview Questions
    • the initial interview questions are very common interview questions   Answer Question
    Initial offer was very straight forward with standard starting salary with little room to negotiate. the salary was a bit lower than expected but i was reassured that there would be over-time and bonus opportunities however this did not turn out to be accurate in my group. over-time opportunities are definitely available in some groups but not all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in December 2013.

First interview is over the phone with human resources. The first interview last about 30 minutes and consisted mostly of behavioral questions. Most of the questions were stated as, "can you think of a time when..." The human resources interviewer was very nice and professional. If this interview goes well, candidates are invited on site for a second interview with two officers. The second interview consisted of more behavioral questions with the addition of questions about State Street Corp.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time when a breakdown in communication caused a problem? What was the error and how did you resolve this problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Street in November 2013.

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter. They set up a phone interview. I was then invited to interview with 2 of the senior associates. They later gave me an offer. It was a pretty simple and to the point process. I think that having an employee referral is the easiest way to get hired.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my start date.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

i apply online and got phone intereview and the lady asked behavior questions and a day later the emailed to make face to face interview. and they asked behavior questions again.

not negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at State Street in June 2013.

Phone interview about salary and other basic questions, then two 30 mins 2-on-1 in person interviews with AVP, they asked a few questions on some work experiences, then they wanted me to ask them questions. It's a fast pace working environment and you will need to commit for 3-5 years as the learning process may take a year

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

basic behavioral questions. allowed me to do the entire process over the phone since lived out of state.