State Street Fund Accountant Associate I Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.5

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Phone interview with basic behaviorial and Excel questions. If you pass the phone interview you are given the salary amount and the option to continue with a in-person interview. The salary is non-negotiable Then an in-person interview with 3 managers with same type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you foresaw a problem and prevented it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview and after that they immediately scheduled me for an in-person interview at their Sacramento office. At the in person, they asked about my knowledge of the company, mutual funds, NAV, and a lot of behavioral questions. The in person was with three people from the company (mostly higher levels) and lasted about 40 to 45 minutes. I received an offer the following business day.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR after two weeks. Set up an interview in the following week. Was first interviewed by two people which lasted about 30 min, and then was interviewed by the manager which took about 30 min.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Interview

Went to a State Street sponsored career info session. Left my application there after the session ended and was contacted for an interview. The interview process was very simple and easy, very basic questions like why you want to work here as this was an entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in South Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (South Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back in about 3 days to set up the interview. The process felt very robotic, two managers each with the same S.S form with questions. Never deviated from their prepared questions even after they realized I had already answered some.

Interview Questions

• I tried my best to make the interview feel like a conversation, but it just seemed very structured.   Answer Question

Didn't seem like a good fit for me. Very low salary offer and bad hours 10-630

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Very quick, simple, and easy process. Applied, interviewed, and was hired within three days. They usually have large hiring rushes in May/June. Easy interview questions with people I never saw again.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

They asked what interested me about the job and why I wanted the job. The questions were pretty standard and there weren't any questions that I would say caught me off guard. The interview last for about twenty minutes. Once the interview was completed, I got a call a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Took about a month to finally set up an interview, had to interview with 3 individuals. First person I was suppose to meet with had something else to do so I met with the second interviewer first. Took 1 hour to basically waste time until the person that was suppose to interview me third showed up. It was all a little disorganized, and stressed me out a little bit.

Interview Questions

• You don't have any good qualifications like many other applicants I've had so why are you here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

multi-step interview process that consisted of an over the phone interview and two in person interviews. After acceptance they did a background check and separate photo session for ID card.

Interview Questions

• General finance / accounting background / use of excel   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

15 minute Phone interview, and then two one-on-one interviews with account managers. very structured and standard interview question - - strengths, weaknesses, and experiences

Interview Questions

• the initial interview questions are very common interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was very straight forward with standard starting salary with little room to negotiate. the salary was a bit lower than expected but i was reassured that there would be over-time and bonus opportunities however this did not turn out to be accurate in my group. over-time opportunities are definitely available in some groups but not all.