State Street

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Info Session and Networking event that was a waste of time honestly. Met with a few managers who you most likely would not even be working for. Overall they just wanted to make sure you were able to speak and look like a professional. Then went back for a 2v1 interview where I answered basic questions and got an offer a week later

Low Salary

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Fund Accountant Associate II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in May 2014.

Interview consisted of about 8 people. They began interviewing me for one position, then thought I would be a good fit for another position, and proceeded to interview me for that as well. The way they were able to give me the best fit opportunity really made me feel like they valued me as more of a person, than a position to fill. The interview was very personable, and they educated me on the different types of funds and services that the company offered.

Overall the interview had mostly background information, less of the technical. They care about you as a person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in July 2013.

I applied for this position randomly and used my previous experience for behavioral questions. Overall I only had one interview and had an offer within a couple of hours.

Fund Accountant Associate II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

It was 1 hour long and mostly genetic interview questions.

Fund Accountant Associate II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street.

I applied for an internal transfer to the Sacramento position. If you stay on top of the recruiters about making an email introduction to their counterparts in another city, I find that this is a very effective way of getting your foot in the door for an interview. I performed a fifteen-minute phone screening with the recruiter, and then a one-hour phone interview with two manager-level employees. I received my offer within 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a specific example of a time when you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.   Answer Question
    My attempt to negotiate was rebutted by the fact that it was an employee-initiated relocation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Street in April 2009.

It was an internal application process, as I was an Associate I applying for an Associate II position. I applied through the company intranet for the position. I was contacted the next day by HR who said they received my application and would let me know about an interview. I was interviewed in person by two managers on the relationship a few day later, and then offered the position the next day. I believe they set aside one hour for the interview, and they went through a standard list of questions given to them for the position. As almost all interviews nowadays, they did behavioral type questions. They also asked me a few technical questions about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had an important deadline or project due and unforeseen circumstances got in the way of reaching that deadline.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a recent miscommunication you've had with someone regarding work roles or responsibilities.   Answer Question
    HR gave my manager the salary offer for the position, and my manager told me the number. I asked how they came to that, and he said it was just an HR thing and it was take it or leave it. I talked to two other people who received the same offer for the same position.

Fund Accountant Associate II Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at State Street in January 2008.

they've touched basics of finance, funds and company as such, nothing exceptional

Interview Questions
    • most important values in fund accounting   View Answer
    no room for that, their offer is fixed as hell