State Street

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this position randomly and used my previous experience for behavioral questions. Overall I only had one interview and had an offer within a couple of hours.

Fund Accountant Associate II

I applied online and interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – It was 1 hour long and mostly genetic interview questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle the diverse group?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Associate II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – I applied for an internal transfer to the Sacramento position. If you stay on top of the recruiters about making an email introduction to their counterparts in another city, I find that this is a very effective way of getting your foot in the door for an interview. I performed a fifteen-minute phone screening with the recruiter, and then a one-hour phone interview with two manager-level employees. I received my offer within 2 days.

Interview Question – Give me a specific example of a time when you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My attempt to negotiate was rebutted by the fact that it was an employee-initiated relocation.

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Street in April 2009.

Interview Details – It was an internal application process, as I was an Associate I applying for an Associate II position. I applied through the company intranet for the position. I was contacted the next day by HR who said they received my application and would let me know about an interview. I was interviewed in person by two managers on the relationship a few day later, and then offered the position the next day. I believe they set aside one hour for the interview, and they went through a standard list of questions given to them for the position. As almost all interviews nowadays, they did behavioral type questions. They also asked me a few technical questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had an important deadline or project due and unforeseen circumstances got in the way of reaching that deadline.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a recent miscommunication you've had with someone regarding work roles or responsibilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR gave my manager the salary offer for the position, and my manager told me the number. I asked how they came to that, and he said it was just an HR thing and it was take it or leave it. I talked to two other people who received the same offer for the same position.

Fund Accountant Associate II

The process took 4 days - interviewed at State Street in January 2008.

Interview Details – they've touched basics of finance, funds and company as such, nothing exceptional

Interview Question – most important values in fund accounting   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no room for that, their offer is fixed as hell

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!