State Street Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Fund Accountant Interview

relatively straight forward. Met with two or three manages, however, I wasn't going to work under any of them, so don't know how relavant that is to a group. Didn't know why you would meet with people that you wouldn't even be working with. Should have been a red flag.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Fund Accountant Interview

This was a super long drawn out process. I was interviewed on the phone and waited over 2 months until my face to face interview. I then waited 6 weeks for my job offer. I then waited 30 days from offer until I could start. Seemed very unorganized during the process

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2013.

Called back several weeks after applying online. Did a 30 minute phone interview with some basic questions about me and my back ground. Got called in for a live interview. came to the building and they took me in and double teamed me. Then when it was all over and we all felt great, I got my parking validated. WINNING.

No negotiation. Take it or GTFO

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in October 2012.

Initial phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The person with whom I was interviewing never showed up. After waiting 40 minutes two kids from the department came and told me a little about the job but didn't ask any questions. I was then called to schedule another interview with a different department and was interviewed by some clown who read a list of questions off a sheet. HR called the next day to schedule a third interview but I declined after finding out that the non-negotiable salary was 32,000 a year and was not eligible for any bonuses or incentives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in December 2010.

Go to State Street website and apply for the position online. All of the interview questions were behavioral related. You will be giving a phone interview if you do not live the area. A face to face interview comes next. After that, it takes about a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question or unexpected question.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

The hiring process went pretty smoothly for me. I applied online for a few jobs and received a phone call a few weeks later setting up a phone interview the following week. I took the interview, mostly rating yourself on MS applications and things, and took a panel interview a week later. The panel interview was long (4 hours), but not too bad. I think they have since changed the process to be a phone interview and a two-on-one interveiw shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • They had asked me to define a NAV (Net Asset Value) and variance and a few financial questions.   View Answer
    No negotiation was involved.

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Applied online on their website. Had one 30 minute interview with HR. At the end of the phone interview was asked immediately if I wanted to go to an open house they were having. The open house consisted of a 30 minute brief overview of the company, then two 2 on 1 interviews (2 hiring managers and me). Technical questions they asked were given beforehand in email to study (What is mutual fund, NAV, difference between stock and bond). Mainly behavioral questions, focus on studying these, if you look through the other reviews, most of the questions are on glassdoor. In the end was asked to rate myself 1 to 5 on leadership, excel, and other things.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time you had to think outside the box to solve a problem?
      Name a situation where you failed.
      Tell me a time you had to present data that people relied on?
      Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker. What did you disagree about and how did you resolve it?
      Describe a time when you had to work with someone who created an uncomfortable work environment?
        Answer Question

Low pay, no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

interviewed at State Street in November 2012.

I had one on campus interview. Then a week after they contacted me for the second interview at there office. The second interview was scheduled 2 weeks after my first interview. Second interview included two 1 on 1 interviews, 1 hour long with 2 different hiring managers. Offer was given 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where breakdown of communication is a problem.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took 3 months - interviewed at State Street in June 2010.

Phone interview, group interview on site and offer.

Not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in May 2011.

The initial interview was fine, just a 30 minute, 1 on 1 interview on campus. The in house interview was more extensive. It was 2.5 hrs, with 30 mins being a presentation on the company, then 2 separate 1 hour interviews with managers and others. The second hour is a repeat of the first, probably to see if they can trip you up by creating a sense of deja vu. Nothing difficult, but I did shoot myself in the foot. Probably the reason no offer was made. I've heard of an odd culture pervasive with the company, but saw nothing of it in the interview, though, the casual dress (jeans, polo shirts, and unshaven faces) was certainly interesting, given it's a bank. The back office environment probably has to do with that.

The HR rep involved was spot on though. Always communicated in advance of when they said they would. No wondering where you stood.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone who created an uncomfortable work environment.   View Answer

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!