State Street Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.5

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Phone screened by HR. Went into the location a few days after. Then was interviewed by the HR person, follow by 3 other people. Two were managers and one was a team leader.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

relatively straight forward. Met with two or three manages, however, I wasn't going to work under any of them, so don't know how relavant that is to a group. Didn't know why you would meet with people that you wouldn't even be working with. Should have been a red flag.

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

This was a super long drawn out process. I was interviewed on the phone and waited over 2 months until my face to face interview. I then waited 6 weeks for my job offer. I then waited 30 days from offer until I could start. Seemed very unorganized during the process

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was a basic overview then was notified two weeks later via email to set up onsite interview. Recruiter was very nice and call me regarding other opportunities at the company that might fit my interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Called back several weeks after applying online. Did a 30 minute phone interview with some basic questions about me and my back ground. Got called in for a live interview. came to the building and they took me in and double teamed me. Then when it was all over and we all felt great, I got my parking validated. WINNING.

Interview Questions

• Would you care for a bottle of water?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or GTFO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The hiring process went pretty smoothly for me. I applied online for a few jobs and received a phone call a few weeks later setting up a phone interview the following week. I took the interview, mostly rating yourself on MS applications and things, and took a panel interview a week later. The panel interview was long (4 hours), but not too bad. I think they have since changed the process to be a phone interview and a two-on-one interveiw shortly after.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me to define a NAV (Net Asset Value) and variance and a few financial questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, NE) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially got a phone interview. Went over basic information and confirming qualifications and the position that you applied for. Once you set up an in person interview, was about 1 hour long, 2 on 1 interview. Basic Interview questions, not that difficult. Overall not too intimidating and depending on interviewers can be fairly casual.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you dealt with a difficult coworker.   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Had one 30 minute interview with HR. At the end of the phone interview was asked immediately if I wanted to go to an open house they were having. The open house consisted of a 30 minute brief overview of the company, then two 2 on 1 interviews (2 hiring managers and me). Technical questions they asked were given beforehand in email to study (What is mutual fund, NAV, difference between stock and bond). Mainly behavioral questions, focus on studying these, if you look through the other reviews, most of the questions are on glassdoor. In the end was asked to rate myself 1 to 5 on leadership, excel, and other things.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you had to think outside the box to solve a problem? Name a situation where you failed. Tell me a time you had to present data that people relied on? Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker. What did you disagree about and how did you resolve it? Describe a time when you had to work with someone who created an uncomfortable work environment?   Answer Question

Low pay, no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I had one on campus interview. Then a week after they contacted me for the second interview at there office. The second interview was scheduled 2 weeks after my first interview. Second interview included two 1 on 1 interviews, 1 hour long with 2 different hiring managers. Offer was given 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where breakdown of communication is a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The person with whom I was interviewing never showed up. After waiting 40 minutes two kids from the department came and told me a little about the job but didn't ask any questions. I was then called to schedule another interview with a different department and was interviewed by some clown who read a list of questions off a sheet. HR called the next day to schedule a third interview but I declined after finding out that the non-negotiable salary was 32,000 a year and was not eligible for any bonuses or incentives.