State Street Fund Accounting Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in December 2007.

First contacted on the phone and scheduled a visit to the office. Met with two senior managers and discussed why I wanted the job and what I wanted to do with life and such. No questions on skills or personalities really. The interview process is extremely easy since the position really requires no particular skills and is easily replaceable. Just relax and be yourself and you should have no problem getting the position.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in January 2009.

Fine

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a business decision that went against your manager   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Street in March 2009.

After applying for the job through State Street's employee referal program I received a phone interview within about a week. A couple weeks later I set up another interview. There were two account managers conducting the interview asking general behavior questions. A couple days later I was offered the position contingent on a successful background check.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate a higher salary given the tough economic situation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in February 2009.

Initially there was a presentation given at our university by an HR person who individually interviewed the canddiates one on one to determine fit with the company. Second round interviews were more detailed but the questions were primarily behavioral. The Boston office was very clean even though the interviews rooms seemed a bit cramped and the people interviewing were very nice and supportive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at State Street in June 2008.

first interview was at school's career center, it was a 1 on 1. Got asked some questions about my past experience.
    second interview was at Statestreet office, it was 2x 1 on 1. Got asked a bit experience questions and technical questions on accounting.
    overall the experience was very pleasant. just make sure you have a positive attitude and talk like a normal professional person.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between Stocks and Mutual Funds.   View Answer
    none

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in October 2012.

very easy going. just like a chat. asked for knowledge on state street. and some easy competenciy questions .

Fund Accountant Interview

2 step hiring process with hr and management overall takes 2 weeks and a possible exam

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online - interviewed at State Street in May 2009.

There were three stage of interviewing process. State Street will call you for a interview. First you needed to take a test related to fund accounting. Second, you will be interviewing with HR and manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with chaotic situation in the workplace?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kraków (Poland)
    Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at State Street.

Phone call form Talent Aquisition 4 months after online application. Next day is an easy math/English test. Third day you have results and invitation to an interview with managers and TA. Standard HR questions (what's your biggest achievement etc.) and some financial knowledge questions.
    Everything seemed to be a bit chaotic.
    Recruiters behaved proffesional.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in September 2009.

They gave me an Iq test before I got the interview. The interview was easy, they just wanted to see if I had the math and English skills needed. They person interviewing me was not my manager, but an HR rep. At the time (2006) there was a need for employees. Not the case anymore.

Interview Questions
    • The interview kept asking me to describe my high school math classes despite the fact I told him I passed college level calculus. I think he wanted to see if I could handle someone being intentionally difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave It.