State Street

2.6

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street in June 2008.

first interview was at school's career center, it was a 1 on 1. Got asked some questions about my past experience.
second interview was at Statestreet office, it was 2x 1 on 1. Got asked a bit experience questions and technical questions on accounting.
overall the experience was very pleasant. just make sure you have a positive attitude and talk like a normal professional person.

Interview Questions
  • What's the difference between Stocks and Mutual Funds.   View Answer
none

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in March 2008.

Was called the next morning after applying online. Easy phone interview to see how interested you are in the position and why you want to work for the company. Then was invited to a group interview where they meet each one of you one on one and ask you how the definition of NAV and how to calculate it. Interview consists of 2 one on one interviews with managers that are most likely not the one you end up working for. Both one on one interviews need to be a 'yes' in order for you to move onto the hiring process. If you have a bad recruiter, you will end up waiting for months to get the call. They will not call you to tell you if you were hired or rejected.

As for the people, if you loved college, you'll love it here. Everyone here is pretty much out of college and that can be a good or bad thing. Most people are nice but can be highly unprofessional and immature. People are dressed very casually.

Interview Questions
    • What does NAV mean and how is it calculated?   View Answer
    No room to negotiate. Even if you had asked for $1000 more on your application, the salary is take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in March 2008.

Interview took place on college campus and lasted 10 mins

no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street in January 2008.

This was the easiest interview I have ever participated in. It was a phone interview which was a screening by someone in HR. Next was a 1:1 interview. Questions were extremely basic "interview" type questions. ie - Name three words that describes you. After seeing that I was an accounting major in college I was a lock for the position. I ended up leaving the company after 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • Name three words that describe yourself.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in December 2007.

First contacted on the phone and scheduled a visit to the office. Met with two senior managers and discussed why I wanted the job and what I wanted to do with life and such. No questions on skills or personalities really. The interview process is extremely easy since the position really requires no particular skills and is easily replaceable. Just relax and be yourself and you should have no problem getting the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at State Street in June 2007.

Overall, a very quick process. Fresh out of college I applied for jobs online and then I got the phone call from State Street, talked briefly on the phone about myself and then got a 1 on 1 interview 2 days later. After a brief 20 minute interview, they said they would do a background check and get back to me. 2 days after that, they told me the job was mine if I wanted it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation... Fund Accountants started at a salary of 32K, take it or leave it.

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

I had 2 phone interviews. First interview was very relaxed with general questions about CV, knowledge of State Street, expected salary, holiday plans and location preferred. The call finished with the lady telling me that I had got to the next round which would be a more formal interview and gave me general guidelines on expected questions.
    Second interview was much more formal and to the point. Asked questions about how i dealt with mistakes at work and dealing with a difficult colleague, asked about statestreet, he also asked about Fund, NAV, Derivative, Bond and Equity.
    Interviewee said I would hear back either way within three weeks as he needs to confirm from the hiring manager if there's a vacancy.

Interview Questions
    • Have you made mistakes at work?
      Dealing with a difficult colleague?
      What I knew about Statestreet?
      How will you complete a project before the deadline?
      Fund?
      Bond?
      Equity?
      NAV?
      Derivative?

Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

2 step hiring process with hr and management overall takes 2 weeks and a possible exam

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State Street.

Phone call form Talent Aquisition 4 months after online application. Next day is an easy math/English test. Third day you have results and invitation to an interview with managers and TA. Standard HR questions (what's your biggest achievement etc.) and some financial knowledge questions.
    Everything seemed to be a bit chaotic.
    Recruiters behaved proffesional.

Fund Accountant Interview

The process consisted of a brief interview over the phone with the HR. Then they will schedule you to come in to have interview in person. Be prepared to answer a lot of behavior questions and be as thorough as possible. Many questions regarding how you perform within a group.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure that you study your materials and be prepared to answer behavior questions.   Answer Question