State Street Fund Accounting Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

first interview was at school's career center, it was a 1 on 1. Got asked some questions about my past experience.
second interview was at Statestreet office, it was 2x 1 on 1. Got asked a bit experience questions and technical questions on accounting.
overall the experience was very pleasant. just make sure you have a positive attitude and talk like a normal professional person.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between Stocks and Mutual Funds.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2008.

Interview

Was called the next morning after applying online. Easy phone interview to see how interested you are in the position and why you want to work for the company. Then was invited to a group interview where they meet each one of you one on one and ask you how the definition of NAV and how to calculate it. Interview consists of 2 one on one interviews with managers that are most likely not the one you end up working for. Both one on one interviews need to be a 'yes' in order for you to move onto the hiring process. If you have a bad recruiter, you will end up waiting for months to get the call. They will not call you to tell you if you were hired or rejected.

As for the people, if you loved college, you'll love it here. Everyone here is pretty much out of college and that can be a good or bad thing. Most people are nice but can be highly unprofessional and immature. People are dressed very casually.

Interview Questions

• What does NAV mean and how is it calculated?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room to negotiate. Even if you had asked for $1000 more on your application, the salary is take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2008.

Interview

Interview took place on college campus and lasted 10 mins

Interview Questions

• just asked basic easy questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2008.

Interview

This was the easiest interview I have ever participated in. It was a phone interview which was a screening by someone in HR. Next was a 1:1 interview. Questions were extremely basic "interview" type questions. ie - Name three words that describes you. After seeing that I was an accounting major in college I was a lock for the position. I ended up leaving the company after 4 months.

Interview Questions

• Name three words that describe yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2007.

Interview

First contacted on the phone and scheduled a visit to the office. Met with two senior managers and discussed why I wanted the job and what I wanted to do with life and such. No questions on skills or personalities really. The interview process is extremely easy since the position really requires no particular skills and is easily replaceable. Just relax and be yourself and you should have no problem getting the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in June 2007.

Interview

Overall, a very quick process. Fresh out of college I applied for jobs online and then I got the phone call from State Street, talked briefly on the phone about myself and then got a 1 on 1 interview 2 days later. After a brief 20 minute interview, they said they would do a background check and get back to me. 2 days after that, they told me the job was mine if I wanted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation... Fund Accountants started at a salary of 32K, take it or leave it.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews in the same day, one with the HR and another panel with the managers of the department. Each interview was average length around 30-45 minutes. They asked basic questions, i thought the interview went really well. Unfortunately, i didn't get it. However, I did ask the HR for clarification regarding their final decision but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position? What do you know about the company? Would you be able to adapt if you worked as an ex-pat?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

got a call from the firm and made an appointment for this interview. then was interviewed by two university relation recruiters in their Dublin office after one week: common competency questions, relaxing, slow-paced but the process was not flexible (they only asked questions listed in their evaluation form), lasted around 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• why this role, what you know about state street, problem-solving, attention to details   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews. First interview was very relaxed with general questions about CV, knowledge of State Street, expected salary, holiday plans and location preferred. The call finished with the lady telling me that I had got to the next round which would be a more formal interview and gave me general guidelines on expected questions.
    Second interview was much more formal and to the point. Asked questions about how i dealt with mistakes at work and dealing with a difficult colleague, asked about statestreet, he also asked about Fund, NAV, Derivative, Bond and Equity.
    Interviewee said I would hear back either way within three weeks as he needs to confirm from the hiring manager if there's a vacancy.

Interview Questions

• Have you made mistakes at work?
      Dealing with a difficult colleague?
      What I knew about Statestreet?
      How will you complete a project before the deadline?
      Fund?
      Bond?
      Equity?
      NAV?
      Derivative?

Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2014.

Interview

I got one phone call explained about role and hiring process. Then in second call they interviewed for 30 minutes. And asked some technical questions like fund, equity, NAV. Also about company.
    Then behaviour questions. They supposed to give me feedback after two weeks but they contacted me aftr 2 month.
    Now I had an interview on 18th December in their office dublin 2.
    All the questions they asked about situatoons and behaviour type. Also asked about company. I felt interview was fine they said ll inform me before christmas. But i am still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Situation where I improved process.
      How to work in team.
      Do I want to be leader or follower.

Answer Question