State Street

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ireland, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in May 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview: competency based, asked about my previous experience my education and about state street. Face to face: similar however I was presented with a test me before the interview which kind of unsettled me a bit( I was not expecting this as HR person said it was just going to be a verbal competency based etc.. interview) this was probably the most difficult part of the interview, gave me 10-15 mins to answer questions which consisted of economics and accounting calculations.
Overall long process.

Interview Question – Test.   Answer Question

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details – Submitted through State Street website, got phone interview 2 weeks later and then on-site a week later. HR called about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Question – none of them are difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation!

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in February 2011.

Interview Details – 1 round - met with two hiring managers. each lasted about 10 minutes

Interview Question – most questions were very straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – first salary accepted

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details – Easy met with to be AVP and another from a different team, standard questions asking about past experience

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied internally. Two person interview. It was short and to the point.

Interview Question – What is your weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Kansas City, MO

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is situational based interviewing. So, they ask questions like- tell me about a situation in which your supervisor told you there was a problem with your work, and what did you do about it. Also within my department the interviews are all scheduled for an hour so attempt to reach that threshold to have a good interview. Also, there will be two people interviewing your and they will typically tag team and alternate asking questions. Lastly the two people will likely be of different levels with one typically being a manager and the second person being an officer or above within the department, not specifically within the reporting structure of the position being hired.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had a coworker that was difficult to get along with. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate very much, but there is typically room for negotiation based on skill and experience level. Also, I was able to secure a signing bonus to counter an offer that I had from my previous employer to continue to work there.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in February 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to the position of mutual fund administrator because of my experience in fund accounting and was called in for an interview in Boston. I met with several people that dealt with the department in which the position i was applying for was in. These people were very pleasant and informative about what I was getting myself into

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – I applied online after been approached by HR trough my Linkedin account. It is classic interview process :
1) Phone
2) first round with HR
3) Second round with recruiting manager.

They are very profesionnal and nice. Great office in dowtown Montreal.

Interview Question – They aske questions related to the job, your skills and what you could bring. Questions are average difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a range of salary for at level!

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street Fund Administrator interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.