State Street Fund Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after applying online and got asked some basic questions verifying the info I put online. Took a while after that to get an interview (2 months). I was offered interviews for several different positions and set up an appointment for an interview the following week. The interview itself was very straight forward and entirely behavioral/ experience questions in a two on one setting. The questions were draw from a generic sheet but managers had discretion as to which questions to ask. After the interview it took two weeks to hear back with an offer. As a side note there is some disorganization between recruiters. I on multiple occasions was contacted by other State Street recruiters who were not aware of the fact I was already in contact. That being said my primary recruiter was always quick to respond to emails and calls (when i had questions).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a process more efficient.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation except for start date.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Fund Administrator Interview

Interview

Submitted through State Street website, got phone interview 2 weeks later and then on-site a week later. HR called about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation!

Fund Administrator Interview

Interview

Easy met with to be AVP and another from a different team, standard questions asking about past experience

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ireland, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Ireland, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview: competency based, asked about my previous experience my education and about state street. Face to face: similar however I was presented with a test me before the interview which kind of unsettled me a bit( I was not expecting this as HR person said it was just going to be a verbal competency based etc.. interview) this was probably the most difficult part of the interview, gave me 10-15 mins to answer questions which consisted of economics and accounting calculations. Overall long process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

1 round - met with two hiring managers. each lasted about 10 minutes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

first salary accepted

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

I went to several interviews, most were casual, they seemed more concerned about demeanor and work ethic than the relevant knowledge base. One interview was in the JHTower, in the cafeteria and that was rather casual. The next interview was in their main building where I met with the HR recruiter. She seemed tired and cold, went through the list of mandatory questions and that was it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They didn't move much, and weren't particularly interested in negotiating ... annoyingly firm

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process is situational based interviewing. So, they ask questions like- tell me about a situation in which your supervisor told you there was a problem with your work, and what did you do about it. Also within my department the interviews are all scheduled for an hour so attempt to reach that threshold to have a good interview. Also, there will be two people interviewing your and they will typically tag team and alternate asking questions. Lastly the two people will likely be of different levels with one typically being a manager and the second person being an officer or above within the department, not specifically within the reporting structure of the position being hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a coworker that was difficult to get along with. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate very much, but there is typically room for negotiation based on skill and experience level. Also, I was able to secure a signing bonus to counter an offer that I had from my previous employer to continue to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied internally. Two person interview. It was short and to the point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

I applied to the position of mutual fund administrator because of my experience in fund accounting and was called in for an interview in Boston. I met with several people that dealt with the department in which the position i was applying for was in. These people were very pleasant and informative about what I was getting myself into

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online after been approached by HR trough my Linkedin account. It is classic interview process : 1) Phone 2) first round with HR 3) Second round with recruiting manager. They are very profesionnal and nice. Great office in dowtown Montreal.

Interview Questions

• They aske questions related to the job, your skills and what you could bring. Questions are average difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a range of salary for at level!