State Street Fund Administrator Interview Questions

2.7

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ireland, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ireland, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in May 2013.

Telephone interview: competency based, asked about my previous experience my education and about state street. Face to face: similar however I was presented with a test me before the interview which kind of unsettled me a bit( I was not expecting this as HR person said it was just going to be a verbal competency based etc.. interview) this was probably the most difficult part of the interview, gave me 10-15 mins to answer questions which consisted of economics and accounting calculations.
Overall long process.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Fund Administrator Interview

Submitted through State Street website, got phone interview 2 weeks later and then on-site a week later. HR called about a week later offering me the position.

No room for negotiation!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in February 2011.

1 round - met with two hiring managers. each lasted about 10 minutes

first salary accepted

Fund Administrator Interview

Easy met with to be AVP and another from a different team, standard questions asking about past experience

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in June 2010.

Applied internally. Two person interview. It was short and to the point.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in January 2011.

The interview process is situational based interviewing. So, they ask questions like- tell me about a situation in which your supervisor told you there was a problem with your work, and what did you do about it. Also within my department the interviews are all scheduled for an hour so attempt to reach that threshold to have a good interview. Also, there will be two people interviewing your and they will typically tag team and alternate asking questions. Lastly the two people will likely be of different levels with one typically being a manager and the second person being an officer or above within the department, not specifically within the reporting structure of the position being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had a coworker that was difficult to get along with. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate very much, but there is typically room for negotiation based on skill and experience level. Also, I was able to secure a signing bonus to counter an offer that I had from my previous employer to continue to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in February 2009.

I applied to the position of mutual fund administrator because of my experience in fund accounting and was called in for an interview in Boston. I met with several people that dealt with the department in which the position i was applying for was in. These people were very pleasant and informative about what I was getting myself into

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street.

I applied online after been approached by HR trough my Linkedin account. It is classic interview process :
    1) Phone
    2) first round with HR
    3) Second round with recruiting manager.

They are very profesionnal and nice. Great office in dowtown Montreal.

Interview Questions
    • They aske questions related to the job, your skills and what you could bring. Questions are average difficult.   Answer Question
    They have a range of salary for at level!

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!