State Street Global Advisors Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was short and simple. a phone interview. The man was a recruiter and he was very nice. He was also a previous intern so he knew how I was feeling, The interview was not very stressful but instead more interactive and it helped me retain a nice feel for the company I was going to be working for in the summer

Interview Questions

• GPA? How long you have been working? work experience? how you can grow as an employee   Answer Question

Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty Straight forward. I interviewed with two people, each individually for about an hour. Both interviews were pretty informal at the beginning, this was most likely to make both the interviewer and interviewee comfortable. It then went into a series of questions asked to me then ended off with me asking them questions about the day to day like in the role i would be getting.

Interview Questions

• How I deal with stressful situations? How are my organization skills? How do I communicate?   1 Answer

Global Advisers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

20-30 minute phone call. Behavior questions revolving around my resume as well as past experiences with groups. Professional but not demeaning. I applied through the online portal but also handed my resume in at my college career fair.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from the rest? Tell me about your latest financial internship.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA).

Interview

First call was based on what the position required: knowledge in SQL, Java and oracle. Be able to work in fast pace enviornment, know a good knowledge in business depending on what asset class you are supporting. Understand the application deployment process. Next I came in for an in person intervew which went well I met with the team lead and VP who asked mostly about my background and experience.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

two phone interviews with HR, three in-person interviews meeting with various team members all at once and individually, and two presentations of case-study to larger group. they gave me an offer the next week and gave me a day to decide

Client Service Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA).

Interview

applied through a college career fair. was asked to go to an open house to meet current employees; everyone there was able to schedule an interview. had an interview on sight with a few managers a few weeks later; both were obviously not happy they had to take time out of their day to interview, in fact you could certainly call one condescending. I was offered the job a week later for 32k, and i declined the offer on the phone.

Interview Questions

miserable employees and low salary

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA).

Interview

3 interviews. They went fine.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Painfully long process. Human resources was slow to get back to me and bumbled the schedule more than once. Not a great first impression. There was considerable time between first and second etc. interviews. Often only one person spoke to me which required me to be away from my current job/employer too much. They did not seems to be considerate of the fact that I was afraid of my current employer finding out that I was interviewing elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here? No one informed the person that she was interviewing me and had not provided my resume.   1 Answer

Overall unimpressed with company. Comp package considerably under industry average

Junior Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

got called to come in for an interview, set up date time with HR, met with principal on day of interview and people I would be working with, they were seated like a panel of judges, it was ok, better than doing it one by one, they also let me meet the person I was replacing because she was transferring not actually leaving the company

Interview Questions

• was I able to multi-task and was I organized   1 Answer

Vice President of Global Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and long. Met with 7 different individuals before being hired. Then had to come back for a second round to answer the same questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was a contractor so I negortiated with them.