State Street Global Advisors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Junior Business Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

Interview Details – First call was based on what the position required: knowledge in SQL, Java and oracle. Be able to work in fast pace enviornment, know a good knowledge in business depending on what asset class you are supporting. Understand the application deployment process.

Next I came in for an in person intervew which went well I met with the team lead and VP who asked mostly about my background and experience.

Interview Question – My experience with coding.   Answer Question

Vice President of Global Trade Support Interview

Vice President of Global Trade Support
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very detailed and long. Met with 7 different individuals before being hired. Then had to come back for a second round to answer the same questions.

Interview Question – If I was experienced in Unix OS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a contractor so I negortiated with them.

Client Service Operation Interview

Client Service Operation
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

Interview Details – applied through a college career fair. was asked to go to an open house to meet current employees; everyone there was able to schedule an interview. had an interview on sight with a few managers a few weeks later; both were obviously not happy they had to take time out of their day to interview, in fact you could certainly call one condescending. I was offered the job a week later for 32k, and i declined the offer on the phone.

Interview Question – mostly questions about leadership ability   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – miserable employees and low salary

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. They went fine.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer

SCCM Intern Interview

SCCM Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy interview.
Straight forward, just asked about basic knowledge of computers.

Interview Question – What do you know about SCCM   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, wage was set prior to interview.

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Quantitative Research Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview with State Street Global Advisors was purely technical, no personal questions. There were 9 people interviewing me in pairs for 4 hours. The question were about econometrics, programming, financial theory, economics.

Interview Question – What do you use regression for in quantitative finance?   Answer Question

Accaountant Interview

Accaountant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in October 2008.

Interview Details – applied to many online postings, received a call asking me to come n for a interview with other people. Went to interview/presentation session. There were a few other people & they let us know that not everyone that came would be selected. Gave us a presentation video to watch about the company & positions. Then one by one people were called to speak with 2 separate people, asked some questions and then was called about a week later saying if i wanted position & the salary. Then came back in, had to fill out papers, then the beginning of training.....

Interview Question – why did you pick state street?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in January 2008.

Interview Details – Got a phone call, HR lady asked question and that was it

Reason for Declining – low ball offer

Intern Interview

Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in April 2010.

Interview Details – very casual phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – its ok

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Portfolio Administrator
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in June 2009.

Interview Details – Straight forward: phone screening followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager. Overall the process was pretty normal.

Decision can take quite a while so don't sweat it and be persistent. Some of the questions that were asked included walk me through your experience, what is your greatest strength and weakness, what are your career goals followed by a 10-15 minutes conversation about the company and the position.

Interview Question – Walk me through your experience.   Answer Question

Worked for State Street Global Advisors? Contribute to the Community!