State Street Global Advisors Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

First call was based on what the position required: knowledge in SQL, Java and oracle. Be able to work in fast pace enviornment, know a good knowledge in business depending on what asset class you are supporting. Understand the application deployment process.

Next I came in for an in person intervew which went well I met with the team lead and VP who asked mostly about my background and experience.

Client Service Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

applied through a college career fair. was asked to go to an open house to meet current employees; everyone there was able to schedule an interview. had an interview on sight with a few managers a few weeks later; both were obviously not happy they had to take time out of their day to interview, in fact you could certainly call one condescending. I was offered the job a week later for 32k, and i declined the offer on the phone.

Interview Questions

miserable employees and low salary

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

3 interviews. They went fine.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in April 2012.

Painfully long process. Human resources was slow to get back to me and bumbled the schedule more than once. Not a great first impression. There was considerable time between first and second etc. interviews. Often only one person spoke to me which required me to be away from my current job/employer too much. They did not seems to be considerate of the fact that I was afraid of my current employer finding out that I was interviewing elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you here? No one informed the person that she was interviewing me and had not provided my resume.   View Answer

Overall unimpressed with company. Comp package considerably under industry average

Vice President of Global Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in September 2010.

The interview process was very detailed and long. Met with 7 different individuals before being hired. Then had to come back for a second round to answer the same questions.

Interview Questions
    I was a contractor so I negortiated with them.

SCCM Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in April 2010.

Very easy interview.
    Straight forward, just asked about basic knowledge of computers.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, wage was set prior to interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in April 2010.

very casual phone interview

its ok

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in March 2010.

The interview with State Street Global Advisors was purely technical, no personal questions. There were 9 people interviewing me in pairs for 4 hours. The question were about econometrics, programming, financial theory, economics.

Interview Questions
    • What do you use regression for in quantitative finance?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in August 2009.

They initially setup an interview with me via phone. Interviewed with the Director of Fund Accounting and said I would be working with 3-4 other fund accountants. No relocation package

Interview Questions
    • The usual, "Are you an individual contributor or team player?"   View Answer

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street Global Advisors in June 2009.

Straight forward: phone screening followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager. Overall the process was pretty normal.

Decision can take quite a while so don't sweat it and be persistent. Some of the questions that were asked included walk me through your experience, what is your greatest strength and weakness, what are your career goals followed by a 10-15 minutes conversation about the company and the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for State Street Global Advisors? Contribute to the Community!