State Street Global Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

First call was based on what the position required: knowledge in SQL, Java and oracle. Be able to work in fast pace enviornment, know a good knowledge in business depending on what asset class you are supporting. Understand the application deployment process.

Next I came in for an in person intervew which went well I met with the team lead and VP who asked mostly about my background and experience.

Work From Home Data Entry Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

Online interview was given and briefing of the company. Was interviewed by CEO Scott Powers through yahoo messenger. First time interviewing on-line was very straightforward and easy to go through.

Interview Questions
    • They weren't difficult to me. Just career goal questions and work ethics.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Derivative Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

Phone interview-basic behavioral questions. Two of your favorite classes. Discuss a time when you didn't agree with your boss. That type of stuff. Also asked about excel and how you would rate yourself on a scale of 1-5 on how comfortable you are. Know about pivoting and other programs.

Interview Questions
    • What is your 5 year plan. It wasn't very difficult as you should know where you want to be.   Answer Question

Junior Fund Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

I submitted my resume to someone working there, and I was asked to come in for an interview.
    I was interviewed by two people at once. The interview lasted for 45 minutes and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. There were two technical questions. They also asked a lot about flexibility in schedule.
    They took about 2 weeks to get back to me after the interview.

Associate Interview

Very smooth and quick interview process. Submitted my application online and received a phone call shortly thereafter. Went in for an on-site in-person interview with the manager, and interviewed with the team right after. Received an offer by the end of that week.

Interview Questions
    • The maximum number of people I was comfortable project managing. At the time, being new to the field of project management, I wasn't sure what would constitute too high or low an answer.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

questions are:Do you have experience that you need to collaborate with others?
    Describe your internship experience. what kind of system you use
    What should be the strength that set you aside from other candidates?

Interview Questions
    • From your research on state street, and also from the JD, what's attract you for this position?
      What is the most difficult class you had?
        Answer Question

Client Service Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

applied through a college career fair. was asked to go to an open house to meet current employees; everyone there was able to schedule an interview. had an interview on sight with a few managers a few weeks later; both were obviously not happy they had to take time out of their day to interview, in fact you could certainly call one condescending. I was offered the job a week later for 32k, and i declined the offer on the phone.

Interview Questions

miserable employees and low salary

Operations Associate Interview

laid back culture; multiple rounds including hiring managers and manager of managers; short; no difficult questions asked; i submitted my resume via an internal contact and was contacted by HR within a week

Junior PM Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

Went for first round. Interview was great. Nice people.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

3 interviews. They went fine.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer