State Street Global Advisors Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.4

Junior Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had 3 Interviews with team members at different levels.
    A lot of making sure you would fit in with the desk/soft skills how would you deal with clients and internal teams in certain situations. Technical/basic Quant questions. Global Macro thoughts and projections.

Global Cash Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

1 Call to check your CV and in which department you would like to work, then another call focused on competency questions. After that a 1:1 interview in their offices in London with an assistant VP and then another call with another member of the team in which yu will work.

Interview Questions

• Why you? Why SSGA? Tell me about a news you read today? Who should invest in our funds?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

The process took 4 weeks, I was interviwed by 4 people in different stages. 3 interviews by phone, and one face to face with the hiring manager and one from the recruitment talent. It last 1h 30m ish

SummerLondon- Cash Sales Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

1st stage- CV and Cover Letter
    2nd stage-15 mins telephone interview
    3rd stage- 1 hr telephone interview
    4th stage- Face to face interview

During the 4th and last stage the interview consisted on 30 mins competency based questions and 15 mins approx on a individual presentation on whatever you wanted. I did it on Inditex (owner of brands such as Zara, Massimo Dutti etc)

Telephone interviews long but quite straightforward make sure you sound confident and be yourself. Also is better to stop and think what you are going to say rather than answering a question straight away without making any sense. Make sure you are well prepared for the face to face interview specially on economic, financial and commercial awareness.

FX Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Fixed Term contact, to transfer FX Middle Office processes over to offices/teams in India

Interview Questions

• What do you know about penalty interest rates, for fx trades which failed settlement or were unable to apply ?   Answer Question

Fixed Income Portfolio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Very comfortable atmosphere setting, Fit interview, No hard pressure at all, Just went through your CV and motivation,

Junior Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Advisors (London, England (UK)) in September 2009.

Interview

I was interviewsed by 5 different people. Each person had a different style - I was asked technical questions by risk, personal questions by a senior portfolio manager, questions which tested my ability to guestimate stats by another PM, share price and company specific info by another PM, and lastly questions about what I thought portfolio managers did on a day to day basis by another PM.

Interview Questions

• Are bond prices affected more by a yield change at high or low yields?   3 Answers
    • What does the price/ yield curve look like for a bond with embedded options?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate hard. State Street like to pay people as little as possible.