State Street Global Markets

Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.9

Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street Global Markets in June 2013.

In my experience, the interviewing and hiring is done by individual team managers. Because of this, I expect the interview can vary. I had one interview with my would-be manager who asked me some standard questions about my resume and previous experience. The entire interview was basically a give and take conversation.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions but the job required working holidays and sometimes late evenings so, depending on the job, one may want to think about how they feel about such a schedule.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

got several emails about upcoming interview, was contacted for a phone interview after i told them i cannot make it to boston.

interviewer was friendly, explained what she does, and told me to give her a little more info about what was on my resume.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate - it was a pretty good compensation for an internship in my freshman year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State Street Global Markets in January 2013.

The interview was quite straight forward but their HR is not on the same page with each other. They made the whole experience last four months long and never met any of their deadlines. Do not interview with them.

Vice President/Strategy & Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Markets.

I sent my resume to an SVP that wrote an article for the Federal Reserve. He liked it and asked me to visit with his team. It was very conversational. They were surprisingly skilled at asking the traditional behavioral interview questions in a very untraditional manner. They never asked "Name a time you faced conflict on a team and how did you resolve it". Instead, it came up in the course of conversation. It elicits very frank, honest answers.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was a nice give and take. However, I was hired near a peak demand for talent. I understand that they take a hardline now.

Custody Specialist Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Markets in October 2012.

Resume submission is done online through State Street's website.
    An initial informational call is done to set up either phone interview or personal interview.
    Personal Interview starts with a tour of facilities. Actual interview is done by a pair of supervisors for the position. Basic interview with HR profiling questions and some more job specific questions.
    After interview follow up phone call was held about week later and job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you entered a team and were able to increase efficiencies.   Answer Question

Trading Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street Global Markets in October 2012.

Short Casual interview basic market knowledge necessary

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street Global Markets in March 2012.

There were four people, each of them talked about 15 minutes. There were really general questions and some of the interviewers asked the same questions. The whole process was informal. However, I doubt if they could get any information from such an interview. To make it worse, it took so long for them to finally make the decision.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street Global Markets in January 2012.

I met with two individuals from the department.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer that they gave me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street Global Markets in February 2011.

There was a brief interview, and I was notified of my offer to accept the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you understand what we need you to do?   View Answer
    None. This is your hourly wage, and I was happy to accept.

Trade Processor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street Global Markets in February 2010.

I applied through the university. Called for a interview at the campus which consited of Math questions. They were probablity questions. After that, I had a phone interview which consisted of more math questions. I did not get through the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • A fair die is rolled, you will be given the amount in dollars, equals to the number that shows up on the die. Up to how much dollars you will pay for playing once?   View Answers (2)
    • Five guys, all of different ages enter a bar and take a seat at a round table. What is the probability that they are seated in ascending order of age? (clockwise or counter-clockwise)   View Answers (3)