State Street Global Markets

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate II Interview

Associate II
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street Global Markets in June 2013.

Interview Details – In my experience, the interviewing and hiring is done by individual team managers. Because of this, I expect the interview can vary. I had one interview with my would-be manager who asked me some standard questions about my resume and previous experience. The entire interview was basically a give and take conversation.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions but the job required working holidays and sometimes late evenings so, depending on the job, one may want to think about how they feel about such a schedule.   Answer Question

Trading Intern Interview

Trading Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at State Street Global Markets in October 2012.

Interview Details – Short Casual interview basic market knowledge necessary

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State Street Global Markets in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was quite straight forward but their HR is not on the same page with each other. They made the whole experience last four months long and never met any of their deadlines. Do not interview with them.

Interview Question – The interview was not very difficult   Answer Question

Interviewed at State Street Global Markets

Interview Details – got several emails about upcoming interview, was contacted for a phone interview after i told them i cannot make it to boston.

interviewer was friendly, explained what she does, and told me to give her a little more info about what was on my resume.

Interview Question – was only asked one question (resume question)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate - it was a pretty good compensation for an internship in my freshman year.

Custody Specialist Associate I Interview

Custody Specialist Associate I
Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street Global Markets in October 2012.

Interview Details – Resume submission is done online through State Street's website.
An initial informational call is done to set up either phone interview or personal interview.
Personal Interview starts with a tour of facilities. Actual interview is done by a pair of supervisors for the position. Basic interview with HR profiling questions and some more job specific questions.
After interview follow up phone call was held about week later and job offer.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you entered a team and were able to increase efficiencies.   Answer Question

Vice President/Strategy & Business Development Interview

Vice President/Strategy & Business Development
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Street Global Markets.

Interview Details – I sent my resume to an SVP that wrote an article for the Federal Reserve. He liked it and asked me to visit with his team. It was very conversational. They were surprisingly skilled at asking the traditional behavioral interview questions in a very untraditional manner. They never asked "Name a time you faced conflict on a team and how did you resolve it". Instead, it came up in the course of conversation. It elicits very frank, honest answers.

Interview Question – Tell my why our business model won't work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was a nice give and take. However, I was hired near a peak demand for talent. I understand that they take a hardline now.

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street Global Markets in February 2011.

Interview Details – There was a brief interview, and I was notified of my offer to accept the position the next day.

Interview Question – Do you understand what we need you to do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. This is your hourly wage, and I was happy to accept.

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street Global Markets in March 2012.

Interview Details – There were four people, each of them talked about 15 minutes. There were really general questions and some of the interviewers asked the same questions. The whole process was informal. However, I doubt if they could get any information from such an interview. To make it worse, it took so long for them to finally make the decision.

Finance Interview

Finance
Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at State Street Global Markets in January 2012.

Interview Details – I met with two individuals from the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer that they gave me.

Very Difficult Interview

Trade Processor Associate Interview

Trade Processor Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street Global Markets in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through the university. Called for a interview at the campus which consited of Math questions. They were probablity questions. After that, I had a phone interview which consisted of more math questions. I did not get through the second interview.

Interview Questions

• A fair die is rolled, you will be given the amount in dollars, equals to the number that shows up on the die. Up to how much dollars you will pay for playing once?   View Answers (2)
  • Five guys, all of different ages enter a bar and take a seat at a round table. What is the probability that they are seated in ascending order of age? (clockwise or counter-clockwise)   View Answers (2)

Worked for State Street Global Markets? Contribute to the Community!