State Street

Updated Jun 24, 2014

2.6

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Met hiring manager at a networking event. Had a 30-45 minute phone interview and then was called into the office the following week to interview with others in the group. Recieved an offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • What is one policy or rule that you follow consistently that you do not agree with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

Very laid back conversation just wanted to know about my experience

Interview Questions
    • Preference between cost accounting and financial accounting   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview in person if in area where the position is, for me out of area because of school. The interview process is easy without any difficult questions or evaluation of skills. Usually they hire by late April or Early May.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Interns receive offer letter with their reporting manager and their hourly pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street in March 2013.

Met recruiter at a campus career fair and got invited to a three-person panel interview, also on campus. Nice, friendly interviewers. They asked questions about educational goals, coursework. Then a few questions about why State Street, what do you know about the company, etc. Then behavioral questions. Pretty general and not overly intense, but professional.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time when you have worked on a project and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street in November 2012.

Interviewed for internship at Kansas City location in November 2012. I was interviewed by two Associate 2 level employees who worked on the floor I would be interning. I wore a suit, which is right for an interview, but be prepared to be the only person in a suit in the building.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at intern level. HR sent me an email about a week later offering me the internship

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in March 2012.

Applied on their website and got a basic phone interview. A lot of behavioral questions, since being an intern you do not have much experience. I related almost every question they asked to my summer job and college classes. I did not have an in person interview, and got a call back about 2-3 weeks later saying I got the job. After you get an offer, they give you 2-3 days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you completed a project and were not given guidance to complete it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Street in November 2011.

Sent in resume and heard back within a week for an over the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in October 2011.

It was easy just general questions. nothing pertaining to the duties in the job.

did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in February 2011.

The interview was rather easy, and the interviewer was very friendly. Although I didn't get an offer for the internship, I was told I should reapply after graduation for a full-time job.

Interview Questions
    • What type of accounting do you least like?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Street in September 2010.

Initially there would be a phone screen and then an onsite interview, asked about the projects in my resume, and some basic QA questions

The initial rate was good, so no negotiations