State Street

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – Met hiring manager at a networking event. Had a 30-45 minute phone interview and then was called into the office the following week to interview with others in the group. Recieved an offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Question – What is one policy or rule that you follow consistently that you do not agree with?   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – Very laid back conversation just wanted to know about my experience

Interview Question – Preference between cost accounting and financial accounting   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on their website and got a basic phone interview. A lot of behavioral questions, since being an intern you do not have much experience. I related almost every question they asked to my summer job and college classes. I did not have an in person interview, and got a call back about 2-3 weeks later saying I got the job. After you get an offer, they give you 2-3 days to respond.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you completed a project and were not given guidance to complete it   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed for internship at Kansas City location in November 2012. I was interviewed by two Associate 2 level employees who worked on the floor I would be interning. I wore a suit, which is right for an interview, but be prepared to be the only person in a suit in the building.

Interview Question – Which class do you like the least?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at intern level. HR sent me an email about a week later offering me the internship

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Street in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initially there would be a phone screen and then an onsite interview, asked about the projects in my resume, and some basic QA questions

Negotiation Details – The initial rate was good, so no negotiations

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details – Interview in person if in area where the position is, for me out of area because of school. The interview process is easy without any difficult questions or evaluation of skills. Usually they hire by late April or Early May.

Interview Question – What position are you looking for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Interns receive offer letter with their reporting manager and their hourly pay.

Chico, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at State Street in March 2013.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at a campus career fair and got invited to a three-person panel interview, also on campus. Nice, friendly interviewers. They asked questions about educational goals, coursework. Then a few questions about why State Street, what do you know about the company, etc. Then behavioral questions. Pretty general and not overly intense, but professional.

Interview Question – What is a time when you have worked on a project and what did you do?   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Street in November 2011.

Interview Details – Sent in resume and heard back within a week for an over the phone interview.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was easy just general questions. nothing pertaining to the duties in the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Kansas City, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was rather easy, and the interviewer was very friendly. Although I didn't get an offer for the internship, I was told I should reapply after graduation for a full-time job.

Interview Question – What type of accounting do you least like?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street Intern interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.