State Street Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

I applied through school, got an e-mail to schedule the interview couple of weeks later. Phone interview was easy with basic behavioral questions. Received the invitation for in-person interviews the same week. The in-person interview questions were also all behavioral. The staff was really friendly and nice, they made me feel very excited about joining the company. I received the offer a week after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.
    What was your favorite/least favorite class? Why?
    Do you prefer to work in a team or individually?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after filling out an online application. Wąs asked to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, standard questions about previous work and school. After the phone interview I was contacted to come in for a in person interview. I was interviewed by 2 associates from the department that was adding an intern to there team. Standard questions once again but more in depth, more questions about school work than anything.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time in class were you didn't perform your best and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, rate was set

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at State Street in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through my college job board, and was then soon asked to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview took about 30 minutes with mostly behavioral questions. Was then contacted to schedule an interview on their campus. I was interviewed by two employees within the group I would be working with if hired. They provide a designated day in which they send out notices of employment.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time in which you got mad or upset while working on a group project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through College, was informed after 2 weeks of application. Then I scheduled time to take the interview, the interview was one on one basis, and would be interviewed by two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process when you get an obstacle and how you overcome it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

Met hiring manager at a networking event. Had a 30-45 minute phone interview and then was called into the office the following week to interview with others in the group. Recieved an offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is one policy or rule that you follow consistently that you do not agree with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Hadley, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week later asking to come in for an interview. The interview was straight forward and included basic behavioral questions. I then got an email with a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to think outside of the box to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • When did you show leadership for a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very laid back conversation just wanted to know about my experience

Interview Questions

• Preference between cost accounting and financial accounting   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview in person if in area where the position is, for me out of area because of school. The interview process is easy without any difficult questions or evaluation of skills. Usually they hire by late April or Early May.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Interns receive offer letter with their reporting manager and their hourly pay.

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street (Chico, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Met recruiter at a campus career fair and got invited to a three-person panel interview, also on campus. Nice, friendly interviewers. They asked questions about educational goals, coursework. Then a few questions about why State Street, what do you know about the company, etc. Then behavioral questions. Pretty general and not overly intense, but professional.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you have worked on a project and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Relatively easy. They walk through your resume and then ask basic interview questions. The process starts with the university relations team and you eventually interview with Vice presidents. Ten week program starts the first week in june.