State Street

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.6

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Consisted of interview with two VPs who asked general questions about the firm and markets. The interviewers both had a good sense of humor and cared for what I had to say. Definitely a pleasant and engaging experience.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

I was contacted by a recruiter after filling out an online application. Wąs asked to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, standard questions about previous work and school. After the phone interview I was contacted to come in for a in person interview. I was interviewed by 2 associates from the department that was adding an intern to there team. Standard questions once again but more in depth, more questions about school work than anything.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time in class were you didn't perform your best and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiations, rate was set

Client Operations Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street.

HR recruiter contacted me via phone about my interests in the company. I gave her my preferences for open positions, and she told me she would call back the next day to schedule an appointment for both positions. She got back to me a week later (meanwhile, three other HR recruiters contacted me individually, not realizing I already had an HR recruiter handling my application). After about almost a month of phone calls and emails here and there, I finally went in for an interview. Interview itself was easy - generic behavioral questions and a few technical questions about mutual funds. HR recruiter gave me the wrong start time for my first day at work, as well as the wrong start time for my first day of official training. Apparently, this same recruiter made the same mistake with another employee that came in before me. Bottomline: HR recruiter made this process more arduous and stressful than needed.

Non-negotiable. Entry-level pay is terrible, but I took it for the experience.

Audit Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street.

Interviewing manager was very professional and charismatic. Asked about my current position and provided a detailed understanding of the role they were looking to fill. The interviewing manager had a clear understanding of what the role that needed to be filled required from their candidate. I walked away thinking that if I made the transition, I would not be disappointed.

Cash Processing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Arrive early. It is kind of slow when you check-in. I waited more than 10 minutes in line. It is a comfortable interview. Not a lot interview questions for me. maybe left a bad impression already.

Future Focus Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

I applied online through my college career website and got a call the following day.
    I had a phone interview about a week later and then a group interview with two SVP's about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioral (ie. how do you check your work...why state street? etc.)   Answer Question

Pay wasn't high enough

Associate II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Only on campus interviews, was given the job a few days later. They interviewed about 10 students for the position. All behavioral questions so very easy to prepare for. There were two HR reps who interviewed me so I was not able to talk with someone who would be working in my area.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the last time you were told that you had effective communication   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Fund Accountant I Interview

They called me pretty quickly after i applied online. the recruiters were very helpful in establishing contact with specific teams or groups who were interested with me. The questions were read from a sheet that seemed very generic. As long as you talk about being a good teammate and a good co-worker, should get you into a good spot. The process was really good as I met with different teams all on the same day so multiple groups could meet with me instead of me coming in different day and times to meet them.

No negotiations

JFA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

There was a phone screen interview as well as an on site interview at the Sacramento location. I applied through my University's resource page and was contacted a few weeks after submitting the application. The interview was not bad. As long as you know basic accounting functions and are proficient with microsoft suite applications, you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to know what they refer to in the job description   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Professional Development Process Interview

Slow-moving Interview process.
    First round interview was an on-campus interview with a human resources representative. Behavioral questions.
    Second interview was onsite with team-specific representatives. Case interview and additional behavioral questions.