State Street Interview Questions

2.6

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

2 Interviews. Met with employees. Took a quiz. Was interesting. Met with recruiter. Advised that I go in. Office space could be better.

Mutual Fund Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street.

Entry level positions are usually one interview with a couple people. Promotions are mostly within and with one or more managers. Interview questions are mostly standard for entry levels and varies for more senior positions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions and people skill questions are most difficult   Answer Question

Client Services Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

I only went on one interview that was set up by my recruiter. It was a fairly simple process. I got a slight tour of the building at first and then we sat in the conference room on the floor that the hiring manager worked on. We had a little small talk and then went over my resume and what the job I was applying for entailed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you worked on.   View Answer

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in May 2012.

Went for one interview with two interviewers, behavior questions based, got a call back several weeks later and got hired. There was not much room for negotiation in terms of salary but I did get more sign on bonus in the end.

Interview Questions
    There was not much room to negotiate. I did get more sign on bonus but was not able to increase the salary.

SSGM Officer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2014.

Applied online was contacted two weeks later by State Street's HR department. Quick phone call, mostly informational about the position and discussion of my compensation expectations.

Next week went into State Streets office to interview with the VP and and AVP in the group for one hour. Standard discussion of my resume and interests.

Offer extended the next week. Came in somewhat low, they came back the next week with a higher offer but was still lower than what I was offered at another company I interviewed with during the same period.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions about my experience and handling different difficult situations that can occur when managing various stakeholders on one project   View Answer

Initial offer was low, was able to negotiate for an addtional $5k but still came in under what another company offered where the work was also more interesting

Account/Pricing Specialist I Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at State Street.

Very friendly. HR communicated with me every step of the way. Hiring managers made me feel very comfortable. They asked a lot of behavioral questions, as well as a few technical questions. They were really basic though. They asked about mutual funds, stock splits, dividends and such. Anyone who took finance courses will know the answers to these.

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at State Street.

Questions were related to core Java, servlets and java script. Also questions on database including sqls. Not too hard, but definitely probing. There were three people on the panel if I remember correctly. they were nice and friendly. did not try to rush me or anything. Did not feel intimidated.

Interview Questions
    • asked about sql fundamentals; use of rollback segments etc   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Phone interview followed by a in person interview at their offices. At the offices, the interview was 1 on 1, but with multiple people. In general everyone has a positive attitude. They ask questions, both technical and about your background. They all seem like they are highly intelligent people.

Interview Questions
    • On a linear regression, if one new variable is added, and that variable is highly correlated to another, will the t-test statistic will go up or down?   View Answer

Fund Accountant Associate II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Street in May 2014.

Interview consisted of about 8 people. They began interviewing me for one position, then thought I would be a good fit for another position, and proceeded to interview me for that as well. The way they were able to give me the best fit opportunity really made me feel like they valued me as more of a person, than a position to fill. The interview was very personable, and they educated me on the different types of funds and services that the company offered.

Overall the interview had mostly background information, less of the technical. They care about you as a person.

Performance Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at State Street.

Applied online. Was contacted a week later, went through a long 2 hour interview. Met with 4 people. Intense interview process, many questions about past experience. A little bit intimidating. Got an offer few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to better yourself. Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!