State Street Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

I applied through school, got an e-mail to schedule the interview couple of weeks later. Phone interview was easy with basic behavioral questions. Received the invitation for in-person interviews the same week. The in-person interview questions were also all behavioral. The staff was really friendly and nice, they made me feel very excited about joining the company. I received the offer a week after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.
      What was your favorite/least favorite class? Why?
      Do you prefer to work in a team or individually?

Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, second round and a final round with a presentation and a series of interviews. Interviewers were really nice and mainly stuck with behavioral questions. HR at State Street, however, was the worst I have ever experienced.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus for a mock interview, she was great & very conversational. She told me I would be a great fit for the Kansas City office's new Accelerated Associates program. I was really excited about the opportunity because I heard it's a place that hires everyone. The next week I went in for an onsite interview- tower I was undergoing construction and II was just a huge cube farm. Met with two managers who I could tell didn't get along, and were not in any way involved with my program. Did not offer any information about the position, salary/benefits, etc. Read interview questions off of paper and transcribed every word I spoke. Unlike the HR rep they made me feel very awkward and uncomfortable. All behavioral questions, looking for very specific answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you missed a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tells us about a time you had to think outside of the box to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work with someone difficult and what did you do?   Answer Question

Interview

It was a first round interview and conducted on phone. I was interviewed by a current employer and she asked mainly basic behavioral questions. The interview was about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Interview

I talked with two quantitative analysts in the team. They were both very nice. Mostly the interview is about my research projects. After the interview, they sent me a dataset about foreign exchange market and some related questions. I didn't start working on the test right away. Guess that is one of the reasons I never heard from them afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a finance background?   1 Answer

PDP, Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Interview was mainly behavioral, based on your resume.They ask to you to tell about yourself. your strengths, weaknesses etc Interviewers were very friendly. Total two rounds. First round and then final round and then if selected they call you on site for the final round. The results were out in 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you displayed your leadership qualities   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

I applied through the State Street career portal. After being contacted by a recruiter over the phone, I scheduled an in-person interview at a satellite office in the southern part of Boston. I was asked very simple behavioral question over a 45 minute period. There was no actual math involved at any point in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• If somebody throws a monkey wrench in your plans, how do you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you faced a conflict in a team setting   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

A brief phone interview first. Then two VPs interview for about 1h. All technical questions, no behavior questions. I can't answer most of them. Feel sorry about the two interviewers. They must think they were wasting time. If you're not good at statistics( like me), don't apply for it.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview and after that they immediately scheduled me for an in-person interview at their Sacramento office. At the in person, they asked about my knowledge of the company, mutual funds, NAV, and a lot of behavioral questions. The in person was with three people from the company (mostly higher levels) and lasted about 40 to 45 minutes. I received an offer the following business day.

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

it was over the phone, the interviewer was very new and monotone and made you feel slightly uncomfortable. Every question was just followed by an "okay" then another question. When I asked a financial question about the question, she just said "sorry I'm new, I don't know much" and then sounded like she was put off by the fact I even asked. All in all, I hope that the recruiter was not a reflection of the company

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to work on multiple projects by the same deadline?   Answer Question