State Street Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Derivativces Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The interview process was rather easy. The interviewer was very easy to speak with and made the entire process cruise by. Most of the questions were about my experiences in accounting, and a few technical derivative question, but most were situational.

Interview Questions

• Q: How are you with deadlines. Q: What accounting classes have you taken. Q: How Comfortable are you with excel.   Answer Question

Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

started with phone call then by recruiter then they scheduled an in person interview. Kind of rushed the process along though. I felt pressured to make a fast commitment after the interview and I wasn't a fan of it. Interview just described the job and every thing but didn't ask much of me or my skills which made me weary. Overall I didn't like the interview.

Salary too low

Fund Administrator, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had a call with HR and they asked standard hr questions. They made sure to make the entry-level salary well known. The call lasted about 30 minutes in total. She then passed my resume/profile onto a recruiter. The recruiter was a very persistent and got me an interview in one business day. The interview itself was very straight forward and positive. The people I met with were very personable. No trick questions were asked, just two scenario situation questions.

Interview Questions

• A client asks you a question that you do not have the answer to, your manager is also out of the office that day. The client needs an answer that day. What do you do?   Answer Question

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

You will be asked questions based on past experiences at past employers. Basic accounting questions and they ask what are your past job titles and if you hold any professional statuses like a CPA.

Interview Questions

• If an equity trade was not included in the funds NAV, what impact would that have.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Phone interview with basic behaviorial and Excel questions. If you pass the phone interview you are given the salary amount and the option to continue with a in-person interview. The salary is non-negotiable Then an in-person interview with 3 managers with same type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you foresaw a problem and prevented it.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Probably about a 4 week process and counting dependent upon openings. The questions were basic. Met the staff. Wonderful people. People that you can hit off a bond with relatively quickly and it seems to be a friendly environment. Have to be able to read financial statements and how to understand their importance. A consultant.

Interview Questions

• Why State Street? What financial services to we offer?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Phone screened by HR. Went into the location a few days after. Then was interviewed by the HR person, follow by 3 other people. Two were managers and one was a team leader.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Pretty straight forward (met with two people, on two separate occasions). I knew the company from previously working at the organization, but any similiar experience would comply. Overall, I think the process moves slow, but if you're diligent and follow-up, it may help move things along quicker than they might otherwise move along.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager and VP. They basically talked about the roles and the company through the whole interview process. They didn't ask much questions. The interview process was easy.

Processing Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewing at State Street was very easy and straightforward. Make sure you know about the company and what custodian banking is. We went through my resume, my experience, some basic fit questions (name a time when..etc) and talked about what kind of career I was looking for.