State Street

383 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Processing Analyst Interview

Operations Processing Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – I was emailed for an opportunity to apply and it was extremely last minute and attempting to find interns/employees quickly, so I did not have a phone interview and just an in-person interview. This whole process took about 3 weeks. I received the email about the opportunity week 1, I heard back week 2 (to set up an interview) and was confirmed for an interview week 3 and finally went in for an interview half a week after that.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to work in a difficult situation and how you were able to work around that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nonnegotiable

Fund Administration Director Interview

Fund Administration Director
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. I was contacted by a recruiter and everything was set up through him. I met with two people and the questions were pretty basic and straightforward. It seemed to be more about my personality and whether I would fit well within the team than about my technical expertise.

Staff Account Interview

Staff Account
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – Only one round of interviews. Seemed as though the interview was rushed and that the decision process was a very fast process. This was different from many other firms that I have interviewed with. Timely feedback was provided.

Interview Question – What is a conflict that you've experienced int he work place and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Fund Administrator, Associate I Interview

Fund Administrator, Associate I
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a phone call from a recruiter about a week later. Recruiter told me about some positions that matched the resume I applied with online. I told the recruiter I was interested in two of the positions and then recruiter sent along my resume to hiring managers. Found out a week later that for both positions, the hiring mangers did not want to interview me. Almost lost hope, but emailed recruiter again and was provided a similar position to the other two, which I told recruiter I was interested in. Recruiter sent along my resume to hiring managers and got back to me same day saying the managers wanted to interview me. A few days later I was at the interview before two hiring managers. Weren't looking for too much experience but asked questions about experience on resume that was relevant and also asked several behavioral/ situational questions. Overall, the interview experience was fair and only lasted 40 mins. Best advice: Speak clearly and confidently.

Interview Question – Can you provide a detailed example of a time when you exhibited strong time management skills to accomplish a goal or task?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Fund Accountant, Associate I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – They asked what interested me about the job and why I wanted the job. The questions were pretty standard and there weren't any questions that I would say caught me off guard. The interview last for about twenty minutes. Once the interview was completed, I got a call a few days later with an offer.

Interview Question – None. The questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Entry Level Financial Reconciliation Specialist Interview

Entry Level Financial Reconciliation Specialist
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

Interview Details – A phone interview at first basically based on your resume plus few behavioral questions relate to it. Then a on-site interview with two recruiters that will ask all behavioral questions relate to your past working experience. People are really nice and patient.

Interview Question – Not really difficult or unexpected if you are prepared. Ex: Have you ever had any conflicts with your leader, and how did you settle it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better offer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – Met hiring manager at a networking event. Had a 30-45 minute phone interview and then was called into the office the following week to interview with others in the group. Recieved an offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Question – What is one policy or rule that you follow consistently that you do not agree with?   Answer Question

Accounting & Pricing Specialist, I Interview

Accounting & Pricing Specialist, I
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

Interview Details – Behavioral and some technical questions. State street is a great place to launch your career in the industry, nothing unexpected in the interview process, mainly they want to know that you are a person that is reliable and adaptable.

Interview Question – What did you have for breakfast?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be confident.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Street in April 2012.

Interview Details – The company recruited through my university. The first step was a phone interview with HR from California. The questions asked were not difficult; she asked about my favorite/least favorite classes, what my strengths/weaknesses were, etc. The second interview was at the Kansas City office. Each person interviewing for an internship was seated at a table with 2 managers from the company. The managers asked behavioral questions that weren't too difficult. They were very conversational and friendly. Overall, pretty low-stress interview process.

Interview Question – Describe someone who was difficult to work with during a project and how you resolved this.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details – relatively straight forward. Met with two or three manages, however, I wasn't going to work under any of them, so don't know how relavant that is to a group. Didn't know why you would meet with people that you wouldn't even be working with. Should have been a red flag.

Interview Question – Weakness within a group   Answer Question

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!