State Street

Getting the Interview

316 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate I Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone interview to help screen candidates, was invited for a 2 on 1 interview at State Street, all behavioral questions no technical questions, interview lasted for about an hour, heard back 3 weeks before with the offer and had only a day and a half to decide

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details – The interview consists of questions regarding past experience and many behavioral questions. The whole process from beginning to end took less than a week. I was hired the very same day. The tour of the building is nice especially seeing the office floor which gives you a quick and dirty insight on how the atmosphere of the company.

Interview Question – What situation have you encountered that required using a different approach to solving problem than the approaches previously used?   Answer Question

Derivatives Ops Specialist Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Street in February 2011.

Interview Details – I came on through a temp service

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fund Administrator, Associate I Interview

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details – Easy interview, interviewed for about 30 minutes with two employees.

Interview Question – What is your biggest strength?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street in March 2014.

Interview Details – received email from internal employee, met with him few days later, waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – if i had any experience with many derivative related applications.   View Answer

Officer Interview

New York, NY

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details – phone and face to face.

Negotiation Details – do or die...take it or leave it kind.

Very Easy Interview

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – 15 minute Phone interview, and then two one-on-one interviews with account managers. very structured and standard interview question - - strengths, weaknesses, and experiences

Interview Question – the initial interview questions are very common interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was very straight forward with standard starting salary with little room to negotiate. the salary was a bit lower than expected but i was reassured that there would be over-time and bonus opportunities however this did not turn out to be accurate in my group. over-time opportunities are definitely available in some groups but not all.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details – The process went rather fast. Communication was done via email. I interviewed a week later with 2 hiring managers. I was offered the position a week later. Bit of advice make sure to ask questions in the interview and seem interested in the position because they love for you to ask questions.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Associate I Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Street in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone recruiter calls to screen you, your info gets sent to the manager who is hiring for the position, who decides if they want to interview you or not. Manager will come meet you in the lobby and bring you upstairs to a room, usually you will sit down with two dfferent managers in 30 minute intervals. Very basic, broad behavioral questions (Describe a time when you overcame a hardship, Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision etc.) Sometimes the managers that you interview with are not on the team that you are applying for, so make sure that you understand exactly what job it is that you are applying for.

Interview Question – what is your favorite excel function and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was take it or leave it from the company, either I took their figure or they revoke the offer.

Very Easy Interview

Pricing Specialist Interview

Quincy, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – if youre an intern u will get a job regardless as a pricing specialist. all u will do is push buttons. plus turnover is so high that they will hire anyone. even the vp asked an intern if he has a friend that wants to intern.

Interview Question – how do u multi task   View Answer

Negotiation Details – told them thier rivalry giving more more so they give me more

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street interview questions and advice. All 316 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.