State Street Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Fund Administrator, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had a call with HR and they asked standard hr questions. They made sure to make the entry-level salary well known. The call lasted about 30 minutes in total. She then passed my resume/profile onto a recruiter. The recruiter was a very persistent and got me an interview in one business day. The interview itself was very straight forward and positive. The people I met with were very personable. No trick questions were asked, just two scenario situation questions.

Interview Questions

• A client asks you a question that you do not have the answer to, your manager is also out of the office that day. The client needs an answer that day. What do you do?   Answer Question

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

You will be asked questions based on past experiences at past employers. Basic accounting questions and they ask what are your past job titles and if you hold any professional statuses like a CPA.

Interview Questions

• If an equity trade was not included in the funds NAV, what impact would that have.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

Phone interview with basic behaviorial and Excel questions. If you pass the phone interview you are given the salary amount and the option to continue with a in-person interview. The salary is non-negotiable Then an in-person interview with 3 managers with same type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you foresaw a problem and prevented it.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Probably about a 4 week process and counting dependent upon openings. The questions were basic. Met the staff. Wonderful people. People that you can hit off a bond with relatively quickly and it seems to be a friendly environment. Have to be able to read financial statements and how to understand their importance. A consultant.

Interview Questions

• Why State Street? What financial services to we offer?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Phone screened by HR. Went into the location a few days after. Then was interviewed by the HR person, follow by 3 other people. Two were managers and one was a team leader.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Pretty straight forward (met with two people, on two separate occasions). I knew the company from previously working at the organization, but any similiar experience would comply. Overall, I think the process moves slow, but if you're diligent and follow-up, it may help move things along quicker than they might otherwise move along.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager and VP. They basically talked about the roles and the company through the whole interview process. They didn't ask much questions. The interview process was easy.

Processing Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewing at State Street was very easy and straightforward. Make sure you know about the company and what custodian banking is. We went through my resume, my experience, some basic fit questions (name a time when..etc) and talked about what kind of career I was looking for.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Street in July 2015.

Interview

Applied On-line, received a call the next from HR Sourcing. Set-up phone interview. Sourcing pre-screens applicants and then sends info to recruiters. Recruiter will reach out, if they think you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street in July 2015.

Interview

The Risk Analytics Team is looking for candidates to build quantitative models. The role contains about 50% of model building using Matlab, 50% of documentation and monitor. Also you have to optimize your model so that it pass the Stress Test. The guy who interviewed me was very helpful. It is an one hour phone interview. No behavior question! First 20 minutes, he talked about what the team do and gave two examples of the products they are using. After that, he looked through my resume, asked me about Matlab, Time Series, Statistics, PDE, Stochastic Calculus and Probability question. Although I did not perform well(I would not expect this interview to be such technical), he helped me, gave me hint so that I could answered all the question. Not like the interviews that I did before, if you don't know the answer, you could hear the disappointment from the other side of the phone. This guy is really nice and helped me to refresh the knowledge.

Interview Questions

• 1. How to find rows that contains missing values for a matrix using matlab? 2. How to calculate simple moving average with moving window n for a vector X (for example, 100*1) using matlab (cannot use any build in function such as tsmovavg)? 3. Are you familiar with different optimization function in Matlab? 4. Are you familiar with GARCH model, why use ARCH/GARCH model? What kind of stochastic process you have learned? Do you use any numerical methods to solve PDE? 5. You have a coin, you don't know whether it is a fair coin or a biased one. The probability to get a head follows a uniform distribution with (0,1). Given the first toss is a head, what is the probability that the second toss is also a head?   1 Answer