State Street Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.6

Accounting Specialist, Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street.

Started with a phone interview with HR. Very basic questions - what is a mutual fund? What do you know about State Street?
    Second interview was with group Vice President and group officer. There were a lot of situational questions to see how you think and problem solve.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard - nothing off the wall. The interview process was designed to get a feel for your personality and problem solving methodology.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. They stated that the company does not negotiate, but with the help of this site, I was able to get a bump in pay after stating positive attributes. I thought over the original offer and didn't accept immediately.

Officer Interview

Most interviews at State Street are pretty short and painless. You will have to meet with two people in the room. One person will most likely be more senior than the other and lead the dicusssion. There is a set list of standard HR questions that are supposed to be asked, but most interviewers have their own set of targeted questions to ask based on the group they are in.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an idea you came up with to improve a process in your current job [or at college]. How did you identify the need to improve? What approach did you take? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Applied online and heard back in about 3 days to set up the interview. The process felt very robotic, two managers each with the same S.S form with questions. Never deviated from their prepared questions even after they realized I had already answered some.

Interview Questions
    • I tried my best to make the interview feel like a conversation, but it just seemed very structured.   Answer Question

Didn't seem like a good fit for me. Very low salary offer and bad hours 10-630

Mutual Fund Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street.

Entry level positions are usually one interview with a couple people. Promotions are mostly within and with one or more managers. Interview questions are mostly standard for entry levels and varies for more senior positions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions and people skill questions are most difficult   Answer Question

Account/Pricing Specialist I Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at State Street.

Very friendly. HR communicated with me every step of the way. Hiring managers made me feel very comfortable. They asked a lot of behavioral questions, as well as a few technical questions. They were really basic though. They asked about mutual funds, stock splits, dividends and such. Anyone who took finance courses will know the answers to these.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Phone interview followed by a in person interview at their offices. At the offices, the interview was 1 on 1, but with multiple people. In general everyone has a positive attitude. They ask questions, both technical and about your background. They all seem like they are highly intelligent people.

Interview Questions
    • On a linear regression, if one new variable is added, and that variable is highly correlated to another, will the t-test statistic will go up or down?   View Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at State Street.

Questions were related to core Java, servlets and java script. Also questions on database including sqls. Not too hard, but definitely probing. There were three people on the panel if I remember correctly. they were nice and friendly. did not try to rush me or anything. Did not feel intimidated.

Interview Questions
    • asked about sql fundamentals; use of rollback segments etc   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at State Street.

Applied online. Was contacted a week later, went through a long 2 hour interview. Met with 4 people. Intense interview process, many questions about past experience. A little bit intimidating. Got an offer few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to better yourself. Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street.

Very quick, simple, and easy process. Applied, interviewed, and was hired within three days. They usually have large hiring rushes in May/June. Easy interview questions with people I never saw again.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, take it or leave it

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

I applied online - interviewed at State Street.

Applied online and the process took about a week and a half. Human resources contacted me and I went into their office for a face to face interview a few days later. Met with three separate people. The first person I met with just read behavioral questions off of a sheet that were all different variations of each other. Felt as though I was just repeating myself over and over and didn't really see what any of these questions had to do with the job I was applying for. The second person I met with was a little bit more relaxed. He asked a few behavioral questions but we spent most of the time talking about my experience and the position I was interviewing for. The third person I met with was the best of the three. Spent the whole time in comfortable conversation talking about position/experience/why this job would be a good fit for me - no behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you have had to deal with a conflict in a group setting and how did you go about resolving it?   Answer Question

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!