State Street Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.6

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied for two new positions through HR within company first time in sixteen years after I joined. One would think that you would at least get a call or email,from HR after application. Never heard from them. I followed up two times and responded that they were going to get back but never heard from them. This was totally a shock to me.

Pricing Specialist Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Phone interview led to an in person interview. People were easy to talk to. No questions attempting to trick me, straight forward interviewing process. Offered and accepted the job happy with the interview experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

First round was done at my university. I was exceptionally nervous but the interviewer made me very comfortable and was easy going. It was a very general interview to get to know me, informational I guess. And I really enjoyed getting to know her. She was very personable and asked me about my hobbies, and tried to get a sense of my personality. There were some questions about the job itself and she asked me to describe what the job would entail.

Interview Questions

• What group of State Street are you most interested in? Why?   Answer Question

Accelerated Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Had 2 brief phone screenings. The first was about my educational background, and the second was a few behavioral questions. If you make it past that, they invite you in for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two men from different teams who had never met each other. They asked some behavioral and some educational background questions. The whole thing was iffy, and the culture in the office seemed weird.

Interview Questions

• What kind of functions have you run in Microsoft Excel?   Answer Question

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

HR did a phone a screen. They asked general work history questions, what do you know about the company, why do you want to work there, etc.
    They set up an in-person interview the next week. Interviewed with two people. They read questions from a form. It was relaxed. Received an offer that week.

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Interview

Pretty standard, walk me through your resume. What are you strengths and weaknesses, why state street.

They also provided some more detail into the job to talk about the role and what the responsibilities would be. Nothing too out of the ordinary and was a quick process as well.

Nothing too difficult, they seemed pretty desperate at the time.

Custody Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who had recently been hired in the group. There was a ~30 minute phone interview with an HR rep and then about an hour interview with the group's AVP and officer. Both were behavioral based, nothing too complicated. The hiring managers were very honest about the work environment and what would be expected of me, and the questions were designed to make sure I would be able to handle the environment and be able to work well with the team.

Interview Questions

• If the 4 PM deadline was approaching and you had more work left than you could complete before the deadline, how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation availale

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

I applied through school, got an e-mail to schedule the interview couple of weeks later. Phone interview was easy with basic behavioral questions. Received the invitation for in-person interviews the same week. The in-person interview questions were also all behavioral. The staff was really friendly and nice, they made me feel very excited about joining the company. I received the offer a week after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.
      What was your favorite/least favorite class? Why?
      Do you prefer to work in a team or individually?

Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, second round and a final round with a presentation and a series of interviews. Interviewers were really nice and mainly stuck with behavioral questions. HR at State Street, however, was the worst I have ever experienced.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus for a mock interview, she was great & very conversational. She told me I would be a great fit for the Kansas City office's new Accelerated Associates program. I was really excited about the opportunity because I heard it's a place that hires everyone. The next week I went in for an onsite interview- tower I was undergoing construction and II was just a huge cube farm. Met with two managers who I could tell didn't get along, and were not in any way involved with my program. Did not offer any information about the position, salary/benefits, etc. Read interview questions off of paper and transcribed every word I spoke. Unlike the HR rep they made me feel very awkward and uncomfortable. All behavioral questions, looking for very specific answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you missed a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tells us about a time you had to think outside of the box to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work with someone difficult and what did you do?   Answer Question