State Street

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.6

Future Focus Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

I was contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition Team and they gave a brief screening and then setup an interview with me for the following week.

The interview was done by two current employees. The interview started with a brief description of what the two employees have done while at State Street. Then I was asked to go through my resume and describe everything on it. That was followed by a few situational questions. Which finally was followed by them giving me the opportunity to ask them any questions I had.

I current am waiting to hear back from the HR team on any following steps.

Overall it was a quick process but a good one to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • name a time where you had to work with a group of people and describe the process and how you overcame obstacles if there was any.   Answer Question

Co Op Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Similar to any other one, they asked lots of question about what you wanted from us and also waht your visions were by working here. Your goals were very important to getting what you wanted from the company, its a true business partnership

Future Focus Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in February 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a breif phone interview. The following day, I was contacted to set up an interview at the company that week. The in person interview was about 45 minutes with two State Street employees. It was your typical behavioral questions. After asking certain questions, they went through my resume, then I had the chance to ask questions. Overall it was an easy and quick process, but a positive one.

Interview Questions
    • situational questions about groups; how do you check your work; leadership experience   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at State Street in February 2015.

Applied online and got a call from HR after two weeks. Set up an interview in the following week. Was first interviewed by two people which lasted about 30 min, and then was interviewed by the manager which took about 30 min.

Client Operations Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street.

HR recruiter contacted me via phone about my interests in the company. I gave her my preferences for open positions, and she told me she would call back the next day to schedule an appointment for both positions. She got back to me a week later (meanwhile, three other HR recruiters contacted me individually, not realizing I already had an HR recruiter handling my application). After about almost a month of phone calls and emails here and there, I finally went in for an interview. Interview itself was easy - generic behavioral questions and a few technical questions about mutual funds. HR recruiter gave me the wrong start time for my first day at work, as well as the wrong start time for my first day of official training. Apparently, this same recruiter made the same mistake with another employee that came in before me. Bottomline: HR recruiter made this process more arduous and stressful than needed.

Non-negotiable. Entry-level pay is terrible, but I took it for the experience.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Consisted of interview with two VPs who asked general questions about the firm and markets. The interviewers both had a good sense of humor and cared for what I had to say. Definitely a pleasant and engaging experience.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

I was contacted by a recruiter after filling out an online application. Wąs asked to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, standard questions about previous work and school. After the phone interview I was contacted to come in for a in person interview. I was interviewed by 2 associates from the department that was adding an intern to there team. Standard questions once again but more in depth, more questions about school work than anything.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time in class were you didn't perform your best and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiations, rate was set

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at State Street in January 2015.

Applied through my college job board, and was then soon asked to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview took about 30 minutes with mostly behavioral questions. Was then contacted to schedule an interview on their campus. I was interviewed by two employees within the group I would be working with if hired. They provide a designated day in which they send out notices of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time in which you got mad or upset while working on a group project?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street.

Interviewing manager was very professional and charismatic. Asked about my current position and provided a detailed understanding of the role they were looking to fill. The interviewing manager had a clear understanding of what the role that needed to be filled required from their candidate. I walked away thinking that if I made the transition, I would not be disappointed.

Cash Processing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Arrive early. It is kind of slow when you check-in. I waited more than 10 minutes in line. It is a comfortable interview. Not a lot interview questions for me. maybe left a bad impression already.