State Street

Very Difficult Interview

Software Performance Engineer Interview

Software Performance Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted and interviewed through SQA Associates.
Phone screen interview with Manager and expert Loadrunner Engineer. 1.5 hrs
Phone screen,95% Loadrunner Expert Questions
On-site interview to meeting hiring manager, hiring VP.
90% of on-site interview was side-by-side with technical Lead to answer Loadrunner Vuser and Scenario Test live

Interview Question – Most people talk about enabling the Extended Log feature in the Run-time Settings Vuser GUI, For example: Parameter Substitution and/or Data Returned by the Server and/or Advanced Trace check boxes, as per the requirements.
Please give 5 examples of the the code and options applied to the Vuser complete script.
  View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in May 2009.

Interview Details – There were three stage of interviewing process. State Street will call you for a interview. First you needed to take a test related to fund accounting. Second, you will be interviewing with HR and manager.

Interview Question – How do you deal with chaotic situation in the workplace?   Answer Question

Operations Processing Analyst Intern Interview

Operations Processing Analyst Intern
North Quincy, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Street in May 2013.

Interview Details – Human Resources is awful, I had to call back several times and found out they actually lost my application! So make sure you keep in contact with your recruiter. The interview was great. There were typical interview questions but the questions actually helped me get an idea of what I was in for. The interviewers who I work with now let me ask all the questions I needed to and they were very intelligent.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, pay was great. As far as hours because it was summer the Officer let me work as many hours as I wanted to and they still work around my school schedule!

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Quincy, MA

I interviewed at State Street in June 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two people for this position. It was pretty in tense and I thought I had the job. I was passed up for someone with more experience. The culture seemed very friend and the company was in a growth and hire phase.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years   View Answer

Corporate Actions Specialist II Interview

Corporate Actions Specialist II
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2012.

Interview Details – My interview consisted of 2, 90 minute interviews. Both interviews were with different managers, for varying positions. I waited about 4 weeks before I heard I had gotten the job.

Interview Question – They ask you investment related questions. For example: Understand the difference between a stock, bond, mutual fund... The reasons for investing in these different options. Net Asset Value is key...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a base amount, promised a 5% bonus every February, and a raise... I didn't try to negotiate.

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant

The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in March 2012.

Interview Details – There were many situation questions and some basic questions such as " tell us what you know about the company?" and " tell us what you know about this position"?

Interview Question – Tell me the time when you had to deal with a difficult supervisor?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Fund Accountant, Associate I
Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in April 2012.

Interview Details – Did an oncampus interview first followed by a 2.5 hr interview in their office. 2 separate panels focusing primarily on behavior based questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker. What did you disagree about and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seems like a good place to work, but the pay was not sufficient to compete with other offers. One thing that is great for this field they do pay you for overtime. When comparing pay with public accounting firms this could be significatn as most public accounting firms pay a salary and work you beyond the 40 hrs/week.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at State Street in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was 50 min long interview.the hiring manager mainly emphasing on their business process and questions related to that only. He asked question related to business process and technical like process diagram.

Interview Question – Descibe the process diagram and how you create it   Answer Question

Recon Controller Interview

Recon Controller
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – Well organised -professional.

Interview Question – If you stay with State Street, wher do you see yourself in ten years time ?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Street in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very tough and strenuous interview, lots of detailed questions regarding my past financial history and ethic.

Interview Question – How many ping pong balls do you believe fit in a 747 airplane?   Answer Question

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!