State Street Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.6

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at State Street (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

I had 2 phone interview and 1 interview in their offices. I had a very good impression about the environment and the staff. Even if the entire process was good, they offered an entry level for a senior position and I had to decline the offer.

Client Operations Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

This was an internal move and I interviewed with two individuals, of which I it turned out I did not work with in any capacity on the job. They asked about 8 questions, 6 of them being behavioral if my memory serves me right.

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Extremely long and very inefficient process. It took me longer than 5 months. I went through a first round interview, which went extremely well, and was told to expect a 2nd round call back. After following up, I found out that the details of my 1st round had been lost & I had to re-do the 1st round interview with another interviewer. Again, was told to expect a 2nd round call back after a good interview, but didn't receive a 2nd interview despite proceeding to the 2nd round. Very inconsistent process, extremely inefficient, and company shows no consideration for candidates' time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for State Street? What are your long term career objectives? What do you hope to gain from the PDP?   Answer Question

Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Milan (Italy)) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was 1 months long, it started with an Hr motivational interview followed by the interview of the hiring manager and the head of the division.
    english test, academic and job experiences specific questions, business case,

Interview Questions

• Tell be about a situation when you were under pressure.
      How you reacted?

Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

SEC Yield Analyst, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

When I showed up to the interview they were unprepared and had to scramble for someone to conduct it. I ended up interviewing with my current boss and although I have become used to his very present Chinese accent over time, during the interview I had NO clue what he was saying. He spoke very fast and it was hard to keep asking, "what did you say," throughout the interview, while trying to give a good first impression.

Interview Questions

• What kind of role do you assume when working in a group?   1 Answer

Investor Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in George Town (Cayman Islands)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (George Town (Cayman Islands)) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process wasn't too long of a process which was good. I received three interviews with different people (management) within the company before I got the offer. The questions they asked were more behavourial based.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

very long and nervous, i didnt want to do it but the interviewers were very nice amd made it very easy and comforting. the person whjo interviewed me s now my boss and she is great

Interview Questions

• what kind a person are you   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first, just some simple behavior questions. Then office visit. A lot behavior questions. The interview takes a hour, two managers having a long list of questions, they take no when you are talking.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied for two new positions through HR within company first time in sixteen years after I joined. One would think that you would at least get a call or email,from HR after application. Never heard from them. I followed up two times and responded that they were going to get back but never heard from them. This was totally a shock to me.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

About a half hour interview. Talked through my resume, asked me about a few things on there. Has a sheet of standard questions to ask me and wrote down my responses. Relatively relaxed atmosphere at the time. Asked me if I had any questions. Walked me out. Heard back about a week later with an offer. Accepted.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience level using a Bloomberg terminal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary. Set wage which they refuse to negotiate.