State Street

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.6

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Consisted of interview with two VPs who asked general questions about the firm and markets. The interviewers both had a good sense of humor and cared for what I had to say. Definitely a pleasant and engaging experience.

PDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

Two 30 minute phone interviews about my background, interest in the company and the professional development program, past experiences.

one super day consisting of two 20 min interviews and a 20 minute presentation on a topic shared 36 hours in advance.

Interview Questions
    • no techincal questions, However I had to portray knowledge of the company and industry, as well as the qualifications for the position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

I was contacted by a recruiter after filling out an online application. Wąs asked to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, standard questions about previous work and school. After the phone interview I was contacted to come in for a in person interview. I was interviewed by 2 associates from the department that was adding an intern to there team. Standard questions once again but more in depth, more questions about school work than anything.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time in class were you didn't perform your best and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiations, rate was set

Client Operations Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street.

HR recruiter contacted me via phone about my interests in the company. I gave her my preferences for open positions, and she told me she would call back the next day to schedule an appointment for both positions. She got back to me a week later (meanwhile, three other HR recruiters contacted me individually, not realizing I already had an HR recruiter handling my application). After about almost a month of phone calls and emails here and there, I finally went in for an interview. Interview itself was easy - generic behavioral questions and a few technical questions about mutual funds. HR recruiter gave me the wrong start time for my first day at work, as well as the wrong start time for my first day of official training. Apparently, this same recruiter made the same mistake with another employee that came in before me. Bottomline: HR recruiter made this process more arduous and stressful than needed.

Non-negotiable. Entry-level pay is terrible, but I took it for the experience.

Investment Fund Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in November 2014.

Took them 1 month to give interview notification. Interview with HR first, then manager and a small team. Mostly behavioural questions, be sure to give examples. Some technical questions about excel, and very basic knowledge of funds, give examples here would your understanding as well.
    Called them a few weeks later to check on the progress, but they were still interviewing for many different positions at once.

University Relations Recruiter (EMEA) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street in January 2015.

Initially, I was contacted by e-mail to express my availability for a phone interview. But, they didn't call me so I sent an e-mail to the recruiter to confirm the scheduled interview. Again, I received no answer at that time. After one week, they wrote an e-mail saying that I was not selected for the interview. I don't understand why they made contact with me to schedule an interview if they believe that I am not qualified for it. I am disappointed with this company and I won't apply again.

Custody and Fund Account Department ( Associate I) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

I did 4 Interviews at State Street for an Associate I position. 2 Interviews by phone with an Talent Acquisition Specialist, we talked about State Street and what they do and why do you want work there. Other 2 interviews were face to face(One with a head of HR department and one with a 2 Managers). The last one interview was more technical(Derivative, Fund Account, Financial Instruments), How work under stress with deadlines.

Interview Questions
    • It was been a normal Interview and the Managers were very friendly   Answer Question
    Impossible negotiate but the salary is attractive like the other big banks.

Audit Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street.

Interviewing manager was very professional and charismatic. Asked about my current position and provided a detailed understanding of the role they were looking to fill. The interviewing manager had a clear understanding of what the role that needed to be filled required from their candidate. I walked away thinking that if I made the transition, I would not be disappointed.

Investment Accountant, Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in May 2014.

I applied and got a phone call the same week where I was asked about my motivation for applying and then got offered an in person interview the next week.

The Interview began with a written accounting quiz that covered very basic financial accounting questions (I recommend bringing a calculator as they do not provide one). I was interviewed by two managers, both seemed dull and uninterested in their job and asked very basic fit questions. They ask about your accounting knowledge but most of the job is very automated so it requires an understanding of the steps in the process more so than an actual knowledge. They look for motivated employees who are a good fit with the team and eager to learn + stay with the company (high turnover is an issue).

Got offered the job a week later and regretfully took it.

Interview Questions
    • The accounting quiz asked very simple financial statement oriented questions (debit/credit type stuff + other balance sheet questions).   Answer Question
    Limited salary negotiation. Very bad work environment with low employee motivation and pay.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in July 2014.

I got one phone call explained about role and hiring process. Then in second call they interviewed for 30 minutes. And asked some technical questions like fund, equity, NAV. Also about company.
    Then behaviour questions. They supposed to give me feedback after two weeks but they contacted me aftr 2 month.
    Now I had an interview on 18th December in their office dublin 2.
    All the questions they asked about situatoons and behaviour type. Also asked about company. I felt interview was fine they said ll inform me before christmas. But i am still waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Situation where I improved process.
      How to work in team.
      Do I want to be leader or follower.

Answer Question