State Street

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.6

Analyst Interview

Interviewer is nice, asked some technical questions, about derivatives, time series, fixed income products, and behavioral questions like what is your interest, disadvantages, advantages, what is your understanding about our company, last about 1h

Accounting Specialist, Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street.

Started with a phone interview with HR. Very basic questions - what is a mutual fund? What do you know about State Street?
    Second interview was with group Vice President and group officer. There were a lot of situational questions to see how you think and problem solve.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard - nothing off the wall. The interview process was designed to get a feel for your personality and problem solving methodology.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. They stated that the company does not negotiate, but with the help of this site, I was able to get a bump in pay after stating positive attributes. I thought over the original offer and didn't accept immediately.

Officer Interview

Most interviews at State Street are pretty short and painless. You will have to meet with two people in the room. One person will most likely be more senior than the other and lead the dicusssion. There is a set list of standard HR questions that are supposed to be asked, but most interviewers have their own set of targeted questions to ask based on the group they are in.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an idea you came up with to improve a process in your current job [or at college]. How did you identify the need to improve? What approach did you take? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

JFA Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Met at Career Fair; process took 2-3 weeks. There was an info session two days later. Phone screening + Onsite tour. Nothing overly difficult. Make sure to send follow-up email(s).

Interview Questions
    • What sort of role do you take when working with others?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Bank Loan Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Got a call from HR for a phone interview. Set up an in person interview two weeks later. Arrived and everything was straight forward, no technical questions. Met with two managers at the same time and walked through my resume. Whole thing lasted around 30-45 minutes.

Low Salary

Fund Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Interview process was structured, Interviewer had prepared questions with specific scenarios based on Manager situations overseeing subordinate employees. an example question was how would you resolve a conflict with subordinates who were not getting along.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle crisis management issue related to team member that had personal issues not related to work.   Answer Question
    I thought the process was fair, they requested compensation history which I provided. They came in at 10% above my former salary and extended an extra week of vacation and much higher bonus pool.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Applied online and heard back in about 3 days to set up the interview. The process felt very robotic, two managers each with the same S.S form with questions. Never deviated from their prepared questions even after they realized I had already answered some.

Interview Questions
    • I tried my best to make the interview feel like a conversation, but it just seemed very structured.   Answer Question

Didn't seem like a good fit for me. Very low salary offer and bad hours 10-630

Mutual Fund Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Street.

Entry level positions are usually one interview with a couple people. Promotions are mostly within and with one or more managers. Interview questions are mostly standard for entry levels and varies for more senior positions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions and people skill questions are most difficult   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Phone interview followed by a in person interview at their offices. At the offices, the interview was 1 on 1, but with multiple people. In general everyone has a positive attitude. They ask questions, both technical and about your background. They all seem like they are highly intelligent people.

Interview Questions
    • On a linear regression, if one new variable is added, and that variable is highly correlated to another, will the t-test statistic will go up or down?   View Answer

Account/Pricing Specialist I Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Street.

Very friendly. HR communicated with me every step of the way. Hiring managers made me feel very comfortable. They asked a lot of behavioral questions, as well as a few technical questions. They were really basic though. They asked about mutual funds, stock splits, dividends and such. Anyone who took finance courses will know the answers to these.