State Street

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.6

JFA Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Met at Career Fair; process took 2-3 weeks. There was an info session two days later. Phone screening + Onsite tour. Nothing overly difficult. Make sure to send follow-up email(s).

Interview Questions
    • What sort of role do you take when working with others?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Bank Loan Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Got a call from HR for a phone interview. Set up an in person interview two weeks later. Arrived and everything was straight forward, no technical questions. Met with two managers at the same time and walked through my resume. Whole thing lasted around 30-45 minutes.

Low Salary

Fund Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Interview process was structured, Interviewer had prepared questions with specific scenarios based on Manager situations overseeing subordinate employees. an example question was how would you resolve a conflict with subordinates who were not getting along.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle crisis management issue related to team member that had personal issues not related to work.   Answer Question
    I thought the process was fair, they requested compensation history which I provided. They came in at 10% above my former salary and extended an extra week of vacation and much higher bonus pool.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Applied online and heard back in about 3 days to set up the interview. The process felt very robotic, two managers each with the same S.S form with questions. Never deviated from their prepared questions even after they realized I had already answered some.

Interview Questions
    • I tried my best to make the interview feel like a conversation, but it just seemed very structured.   Answer Question

Didn't seem like a good fit for me. Very low salary offer and bad hours 10-630

Mutual Fund Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Street.

Entry level positions are usually one interview with a couple people. Promotions are mostly within and with one or more managers. Interview questions are mostly standard for entry levels and varies for more senior positions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions and people skill questions are most difficult   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Phone interview followed by a in person interview at their offices. At the offices, the interview was 1 on 1, but with multiple people. In general everyone has a positive attitude. They ask questions, both technical and about your background. They all seem like they are highly intelligent people.

Interview Questions
    • On a linear regression, if one new variable is added, and that variable is highly correlated to another, will the t-test statistic will go up or down?   View Answer

Account/Pricing Specialist I Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Street.

Very friendly. HR communicated with me every step of the way. Hiring managers made me feel very comfortable. They asked a lot of behavioral questions, as well as a few technical questions. They were really basic though. They asked about mutual funds, stock splits, dividends and such. Anyone who took finance courses will know the answers to these.

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Street.

Questions were related to core Java, servlets and java script. Also questions on database including sqls. Not too hard, but definitely probing. There were three people on the panel if I remember correctly. they were nice and friendly. did not try to rush me or anything. Did not feel intimidated.

Interview Questions
    • asked about sql fundamentals; use of rollback segments etc   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Applied online. Was contacted a week later, went through a long 2 hour interview. Met with 4 people. Intense interview process, many questions about past experience. A little bit intimidating. Got an offer few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to better yourself. Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Street.

Very quick, simple, and easy process. Applied, interviewed, and was hired within three days. They usually have large hiring rushes in May/June. Easy interview questions with people I never saw again.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, take it or leave it