State Street Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.6

Assistant Vice President - Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

a Vice President and Senior Vice President interviewed me. Some of the questions off of the interviewing guide but mostly off-script. Mostly me talking about my current role and the wins of the team I managed.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most successful team you've been a part of and what was your role on the team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone then in person interview. Phone was very generic simple describe your work history. Basic behavioral questions as well. Was told the The interview will be anywhere from a half hour to an hour and will occur at the Channel Center Building. Was on time professional group, everyone seemed to be very polite

Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, second round and a final round with a presentation and a series of interviews. Interviewers were really nice and mainly stuck with behavioral questions. HR at State Street, however, was the worst I have ever experienced.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus for a mock interview, she was great & very conversational. She told me I would be a great fit for the Kansas City office's new Accelerated Associates program. I was really excited about the opportunity because I heard it's a place that hires everyone. The next week I went in for an onsite interview- tower I was undergoing construction and II was just a huge cube farm. Met with two managers who I could tell didn't get along, and were not in any way involved with my program. Did not offer any information about the position, salary/benefits, etc. Read interview questions off of paper and transcribed every word I spoke. Unlike the HR rep they made me feel very awkward and uncomfortable. All behavioral questions, looking for very specific answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you missed a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tells us about a time you had to think outside of the box to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work with someone difficult and what did you do?   Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Interview

It was a first round interview and conducted on phone. I was interviewed by a current employer and she asked mainly basic behavioral questions. The interview was about 20 minutes.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

I talked with two quantitative analysts in the team. They were both very nice. Mostly the interview is about my research projects. After the interview, they sent me a dataset about foreign exchange market and some related questions. I didn't start working on the test right away. Guess that is one of the reasons I never heard from them afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a finance background?   1 Answer

PDP, Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Interview was mainly behavioral, based on your resume.They ask to you to tell about yourself. your strengths, weaknesses etc Interviewers were very friendly. Total two rounds. First round and then final round and then if selected they call you on site for the final round. The results were out in 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you displayed your leadership qualities   Answer Question

Future Focus Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

I applied through the State Street career portal. After being contacted by a recruiter over the phone, I scheduled an in-person interview at a satellite office in the southern part of Boston. I was asked very simple behavioral question over a 45 minute period. There was no actual math involved at any point in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• If somebody throws a monkey wrench in your plans, how do you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you faced a conflict in a team setting   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

A brief phone interview first. Then two VPs interview for about 1h. All technical questions, no behavior questions. I can't answer most of them. Feel sorry about the two interviewers. They must think they were wasting time. If you're not good at statistics( like me), don't apply for it.

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

it was over the phone, the interviewer was very new and monotone and made you feel slightly uncomfortable. Every question was just followed by an "okay" then another question. When I asked a financial question about the question, she just said "sorry I'm new, I don't know much" and then sounded like she was put off by the fact I even asked. All in all, I hope that the recruiter was not a reflection of the company

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to work on multiple projects by the same deadline?   Answer Question