State Street Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

Custody Specialist, Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Phone interview - General questions are asked by an HR rep. Used to just prescreen applicants.
    If you pass the Phone interview within a week you will be contacted for an in person group interview (usually with to current employees)
    In person interview - Behavioral questions are asked by the current employees, usually alternating between the two people.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question about adversity and how you overcame the problem at hand.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. They approach entry level employees with a cookie cutter approach, meaning everyone starts at the same pay and same benefits.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Street.

two technical phone interviews. Followed by 2 in person interviews and then at last a manager round. They have various senerios and we had to solve them . They also ask you finance relate questions

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street.

Went in and met with about four people at varying levels of seniority. Questions were easy. Progressed from interviewer to interviewer they all asked the same basic questions. I was given an offer in the interview.

Client Services Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2013.

2 phone conversations with a recruiter. 2 Behavioral interviews with senior associates and 1 with assistant vice president. Nothing too complicated, just standard 'what did you/would you do in this situation' and 'tell me more about your involvement with <item on resume' questions. Simple enough if you're prepared

Interview Questions
    • Nothing came across as difficult or unexpected. Behavioral interviews are generally just a get to know you conversation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Fund Accounting Manager Interview

easy, just generic questions and some easy behavior questions

Account Controller Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street.

ok. laid back, is obvious the managers were eager to get back to the floor to work so interview was failry quick and not extensive. fairly young crowd for associates to manager level. should be good if mention familiar with excel and good under presure

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in August 2010.

The interview process was very informal. They mostly ask about time management, attention to details and ability to work as a team. I met with several different people from the team. They were very informative about the role.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions - they train all entry level team members   Answer Question

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ireland, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ireland, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in May 2013.

Telephone interview: competency based, asked about my previous experience my education and about state street. Face to face: similar however I was presented with a test me before the interview which kind of unsettled me a bit( I was not expecting this as HR person said it was just going to be a verbal competency based etc.. interview) this was probably the most difficult part of the interview, gave me 10-15 mins to answer questions which consisted of economics and accounting calculations.
    Overall long process.

Accounting Specialist, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Street in May 2014.

Phone interview and on-site both consisted of entirely behavior based questions. Fairly basic and easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to change your course of action to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    No negotiating power for entry level positions

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Took about a month to finally set up an interview, had to interview with 3 individuals. First person I was suppose to meet with had something else to do so I met with the second interviewer first. Took 1 hour to basically waste time until the person that was suppose to interview me third showed up. It was all a little disorganized, and stressed me out a little bit.

Interview Questions
    • You don't have any good qualifications like many other applicants I've had so why are you here?   View Answer