State Street

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.6

Account/Pricing Specialist I Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Street.

Very friendly. HR communicated with me every step of the way. Hiring managers made me feel very comfortable. They asked a lot of behavioral questions, as well as a few technical questions. They were really basic though. They asked about mutual funds, stock splits, dividends and such. Anyone who took finance courses will know the answers to these.

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Street.

Questions were related to core Java, servlets and java script. Also questions on database including sqls. Not too hard, but definitely probing. There were three people on the panel if I remember correctly. they were nice and friendly. did not try to rush me or anything. Did not feel intimidated.

Interview Questions
    • asked about sql fundamentals; use of rollback segments etc   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Applied online. Was contacted a week later, went through a long 2 hour interview. Met with 4 people. Intense interview process, many questions about past experience. A little bit intimidating. Got an offer few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to better yourself. Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Street.

Very quick, simple, and easy process. Applied, interviewed, and was hired within three days. They usually have large hiring rushes in May/June. Easy interview questions with people I never saw again.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, take it or leave it

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Applied online and the process took about a week and a half. Human resources contacted me and I went into their office for a face to face interview a few days later. Met with three separate people. The first person I met with just read behavioral questions off of a sheet that were all different variations of each other. Felt as though I was just repeating myself over and over and didn't really see what any of these questions had to do with the job I was applying for. The second person I met with was a little bit more relaxed. He asked a few behavioral questions but we spent most of the time talking about my experience and the position I was interviewing for. The third person I met with was the best of the three. Spent the whole time in comfortable conversation talking about position/experience/why this job would be a good fit for me - no behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you have had to deal with a conflict in a group setting and how did you go about resolving it?   Answer Question

Operations Processing Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

I was emailed for an opportunity to apply and it was extremely last minute and attempting to find interns/employees quickly, so I did not have a phone interview and just an in-person interview. This whole process took about 3 weeks. I received the email about the opportunity week 1, I heard back week 2 (to set up an interview) and was confirmed for an interview week 3 and finally went in for an interview half a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to work in a difficult situation and how you were able to work around that.   Answer Question
    Nonnegotiable

Staff Account Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street.

Only one round of interviews. Seemed as though the interview was rushed and that the decision process was a very fast process. This was different from many other firms that I have interviewed with. Timely feedback was provided.

Interview Questions
    • What is a conflict that you've experienced int he work place and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

SSGM Officer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in July 2014.

Applied online was contacted two weeks later by State Street's HR department. Quick phone call, mostly informational about the position and discussion of my compensation expectations.

Next week went into State Streets office to interview with the VP and and AVP in the group for one hour. Standard discussion of my resume and interests.

Offer extended the next week. Came in somewhat low, they came back the next week with a higher offer but was still lower than what I was offered at another company I interviewed with during the same period.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions about my experience and handling different difficult situations that can occur when managing various stakeholders on one project   View Answer

Initial offer was low, was able to negotiate for an addtional $5k but still came in under what another company offered where the work was also more interesting

Portfolio Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Street in July 2014.

It was pretty easy if you have leadership skills. Interviewed by two people. They were not intimating, very open and friendly. Interviewed took an hour. I was not interviewed by anyone on my team

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street.

They asked what interested me about the job and why I wanted the job. The questions were pretty standard and there weren't any questions that I would say caught me off guard. The interview last for about twenty minutes. Once the interview was completed, I got a call a few days later with an offer.

No negotiation