State Street

Very Easy Interview

Fund Administrator Interview

Fund Administrator
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in February 2011.

Interview Details – 1 round - met with two hiring managers. each lasted about 10 minutes

Interview Question – most questions were very straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – first salary accepted

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Quincy, MA

I interviewed at State Street in June 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two people for this position. It was pretty in tense and I thought I had the job. I was passed up for someone with more experience. The culture seemed very friend and the company was in a growth and hire phase.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years   View Answer

Pricing Specialist Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – After applying online I received a phone call in the following days asking a few basic questions. A few days later I received a call back asking to schedule an interview. I had the interview with 2 people. They essentially asked all behavioral questions. After the interview was over they said they would call back -- they didn't.

Interview Questions

Operations Processing Analyst Intern Interview

North Quincy, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Street in May 2013.

Interview Details – Human Resources is awful, I had to call back several times and found out they actually lost my application! So make sure you keep in contact with your recruiter. The interview was great. There were typical interview questions but the questions actually helped me get an idea of what I was in for. The interviewers who I work with now let me ask all the questions I needed to and they were very intelligent.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, pay was great. As far as hours because it was summer the Officer let me work as many hours as I wanted to and they still work around my school schedule!

Very Easy Interview

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The person with whom I was interviewing never showed up. After waiting 40 minutes two kids from the department came and told me a little about the job but didn't ask any questions. I was then called to schedule another interview with a different department and was interviewed by some clown who read a list of questions off a sheet. HR called the next day to schedule a third interview but I declined after finding out that the non-negotiable salary was 32,000 a year and was not eligible for any bonuses or incentives.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – Was pretty standard to be honest.

Interview Question – What were the biggest regrets of your life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I am a sociopath, so negotiations were minimal.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – phone interview: started with a brief description of the role, the culture,... Then moved on to a lot of technical questions (statistics, time series and programming). The questions were fairly basic but you need to brush up on these subjects if you are a little rusty.
I got the results really quickly after that

Interview Question – How many sharks are there in the Pacific Ocean?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in August 2011.

Interview Details – HR rep. Made it difficult just to schedule interview. Had manager & supervisor in interview

Interview Question – Same ol same bs from old interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made it seem like they were open to it, but they weren't so now I get paid pennies because I was so desperate to leave old job

Fund Administrator Interview

Fund Administrator

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details – Easy met with to be AVP and another from a different team, standard questions asking about past experience

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in December 2010.

Interview Details – Go to State Street website and apply for the position online. All of the interview questions were behavioral related. You will be giving a phone interview if you do not live the area. A face to face interview comes next. After that, it takes about a week.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question or unexpected question.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street