State Street Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.6

Associate II Interview

Interview

Applied through online application. Was contacted 5 days later for info sessions and informal networking. Interview on site a week later. All behavior questions. 45 minutes long with an AVP and a VP. Very friendly and relaxed environment. Most questions revolved around working in group setting and how I resolve conflict. Open ended. Went over resume for a brief amount of the time. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with data. Tell me about a time you were commended on your communication. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

Interview

My phone interview went really great, which landed me a second face to face interview. The face to face interview went awesome as well. They welcomed me with coffee and made me feel very comfortable as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an issue with a fellow co-worker/classmate?   Answer Question

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

Initiated by phone call after submitting resume followed by an interview with a minimum of 2 managers depending on the position. Process was friendly and not intimidating. Questions were pretty basic centered on problem solving and computer literacy (Excel knowledge is a big plus!)

Interview Questions

• Describe in depth one difficult business related problem or project you encountered in a past experiences and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Assistant VO Interview

Interview

It was fine interview for current position was a formality as I knew the hiring manager. I've found the process to be very standardized in the past with a generic form to follow when interviewing new hires.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

Interviews at State Street are behavioral. If you got the interview, congrats you meet the requirements. At this point, its to see if you fit the mold of the group.

Interview Questions

• You have 5 minutes to dig a 10 foot deep hole, how do you proceed?   1 Answer

Another position, more money.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting program and had a 1 on 1 interview on campus. Interview process wen pretty smoothly overall. There were no technical questions and the interviewer was really friendly and encouraged to stay in touch

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions for example, 'Tell me about how you transitioned to college life."   Answer Question

Pricing Specialist Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Interview process was one initial phone call by the in house HR person followed up by an in person interview where I talked to 4 people total on two different teams. Basically just talked about my experience and they talked about the day to day job. Pretty straight forward. The interviewers were at the officer and AVP levels as I found out after. They asked if I knew certain Excel functions like VLOOKUP and stuff like that (a majority of the job is Excel and macro troubleshooting).

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any difficult or unexpected questions. 90% of the questions I received were similar to "Tell me a time when..." style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after applying online and got asked some basic questions verifying the info I put online. Took a while after that to get an interview (2 months). I was offered interviews for several different positions and set up an appointment for an interview the following week. The interview itself was very straight forward and entirely behavioral/ experience questions in a two on one setting. The questions were draw from a generic sheet but managers had discretion as to which questions to ask. After the interview it took two weeks to hear back with an offer. As a side note there is some disorganization between recruiters. I on multiple occasions was contacted by other State Street recruiters who were not aware of the fact I was already in contact. That being said my primary recruiter was always quick to respond to emails and calls (when i had questions).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a process more efficient.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation except for start date.

PDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

The current employer in the program is the interviewer. The process is very standard, as well as the question. The whole process lasted for 30 mins, and I could tell they have a large base of candidates. When the interview processed close to 30 min, the guy told me he had another interview appointment with another candidate, coming right next.

Future Focus Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street (Hartford, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

apply online through college career site, receive a notification for a on campus interview couple days later, and had a 30 minute interview with 2 state street employers , one was a recruiter and the other one manager in global service. overall the interview was really smooth, with mostly behavioral questions and why should they choose me and why state street.