State Street Interview Questions & Reviews in Kansas City, MO

2.6

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

SummerKansas City Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed online - interviewed at State Street in January 2014.

First, you must submit your resume and application online. Then, if selected, you will be invited for a phone interview with an HR representative. If selected to move on, you will be invited to State Street to interview with employees on a team you ,y be placed on. You will also be given a tour of the building.

Interview Questions
    • What is your number one asset you would bring to State Street   Answer Question

Entry Level Financial Reconciliation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

A phone interview at first basically based on your resume plus few behavioral questions relate to it. Then a on-site interview with two recruiters that will ask all behavioral questions relate to your past working experience. People are really nice and patient.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult or unexpected if you are prepared. Ex: Have you ever had any conflicts with your leader, and how did you settle it?   Answer Question

better offer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Street in April 2012.

The company recruited through my university. The first step was a phone interview with HR from California. The questions asked were not difficult; she asked about my favorite/least favorite classes, what my strengths/weaknesses were, etc. The second interview was at the Kansas City office. Each person interviewing for an internship was seated at a table with 2 managers from the company. The managers asked behavioral questions that weren't too difficult. They were very conversational and friendly. Overall, pretty low-stress interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe someone who was difficult to work with during a project and how you resolved this.   Answer Question

Low pay

Accounting Specialist, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Street in May 2014.

Phone interview and on-site both consisted of entirely behavior based questions. Fairly basic and easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to change your course of action to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    No negotiating power for entry level positions

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street in September 2011.

The interview was pretty standard. I was asked all the cliche' interview questions that some redundant middle management goon reads off a sheet. The had 15% turnover yearly when I was there so they basically have a revolving door for employees. Very easy to get a job there especially if you know a current employee. They actually have to give bonuses to employees to get them to refer friends.

Interview Questions
    • Just google pointless interview questions and you will have a list of everything they ask.   Answer Question
    There was none, employees are like livestock to this company.

Derivatives Ops Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at State Street in February 2011.

I came on through a temp service

no negotiation

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in March 2010.

Management review of resume, all resume should be one page. No more and no less. Questions are all behavioral based questions. You must provide and EXAMPLE relating to the question. No general answer such as "I would do this or that." Usually promote internally.

Interview Questions
    • Provide me with a time you had to complete a task, by a strict deadline, but had multiple interruptions. What did you do to complete the task and how did you handle the interruptions?   View Answer
    There was not negotiation and is none during promotion. Everything is set, either except or decline.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at State Street.

Very laid back conversation just wanted to know about my experience

Interview Questions
    • Preference between cost accounting and financial accounting   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in November 2012.

Interviewed for internship at Kansas City location in November 2012. I was interviewed by two Associate 2 level employees who worked on the floor I would be interning. I wore a suit, which is right for an interview, but be prepared to be the only person in a suit in the building.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at intern level. HR sent me an email about a week later offering me the internship

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed online - interviewed at State Street in December 2010.

Go to State Street website and apply for the position online. All of the interview questions were behavioral related. You will be giving a phone interview if you do not live the area. A face to face interview comes next. After that, it takes about a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question or unexpected question.   View Answer

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!