State Street

2.6

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Level Financial Reconciliation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in June 2014.

A phone interview at first basically based on your resume plus few behavioral questions relate to it. Then a on-site interview with two recruiters that will ask all behavioral questions relate to your past working experience. People are really nice and patient.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult or unexpected if you are prepared. Ex: Have you ever had any conflicts with your leader, and how did you settle it?   Answer Question

better offer

Accounting Specialist, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in May 2014.

Phone interview and on-site both consisted of entirely behavior based questions. Fairly basic and easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to change your course of action to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    No negotiating power for entry level positions

AuditSummer 2014 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in April 2014.

I applied through school career connection and their career website. Then I received an email from them a couple weeks later, and they asked me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minute long and it was a relaxed conversation, a mixture of questions about resume and some behavior questions. The HR told me to schedule a face to face office interview directly after the end of the phone interview. There were two people recruited me during the office interview, it was around 50 minute.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of behavior questions during the office interview. Many of those are really similar such as "Have you had a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

Very laid back conversation just wanted to know about my experience

Interview Questions
    • Preference between cost accounting and financial accounting   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in March 2014.

Phone interview was a basic overview then was notified two weeks later via email to set up onsite interview. Recruiter was very nice and call me regarding other opportunities at the company that might fit my interests.

SummerKansas City Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at State Street in January 2014.

First, you must submit your resume and application online. Then, if selected, you will be invited for a phone interview with an HR representative. If selected to move on, you will be invited to State Street to interview with employees on a team you ,y be placed on. You will also be given a tour of the building.

Interview Questions
    • What is your number one asset you would bring to State Street   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in July 2013.

I applied for this position randomly and used my previous experience for behavioral questions. Overall I only had one interview and had an offer within a couple of hours.

Investment Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

interviewed at State Street in February 2013.

They gave me a short phone interview and then scheduled me for an in person interview. Phone interview was easy, just asked a few questions to get to know me and know about my current job and what I do there. The in person interview requires your to arrive 15 minutes early so they can give you a small tour of their company. Its a nice place: gym, parking, cafeteria, nice lobby, nice elevators. Then they take you to a conference room. I was interviewed by 2 people that literally just went back and forth asking me all sorts of behavioral questions. They weren't very friendly and they seemed very robotic. They seemed boring was the worst part. It made me completely disinterested in the job. People aren't lying on here when they say the starting pay is low. If you're a college grad its not bad but. Something a college grad would love but I graduated 2 years ago and I was looking for something better. They also charge monthly for using their parking garage which I find ridiculous. The gas I would spend commuting plus the parking fee....I would have made less money.

Overall it seemed like a very boring place to work. My co-worker knows someone who works there and since they do funds for countries like Germany and others in Europe they need to stay til 7 or 8 pm to do the work. So the hours suck. If you have another job offer I suggest taking it. If you're a college grad and want some experience with a mutual fund and something for the resume this might be a good place to start since its a respected company but I hear that you can only get so far on the promotion ladder until you hit a dead end and cant get any higher. Not a place for a career

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you worked with a team were everyone had a different agenda?......wut?
      All sorts of behavioral questions. I saw another post that mentioned how they ask you questions and theres a lot of downtime in between questions. Thats true. They would ask me a question then spend a minute or two just writing while I waited. I hated it. Also I read on here that I would be asked technical questions such as what if the difference between a stock and a bond and what is a mutual fund. I was not asked those questions in my particular interview.

Answer Question

Accounting/Price Specialist, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in February 2013.

The hiring process for me was extremely smooth. I had a slight advantage because I had a personal reference which they highly value. The first step was submitting my résumé and application. A few days later I obtained an email for one of the talent acquisition agents and sent a follow up. Immediately after sending the email, I received a response to set up a phone interview. After another follow up email following the interview, there was an on site interview (right after a snow storm and they allowed everyone to wear jeans - cool!). I sent some thank you emails to the officer and manager who interviewed me, and then about two days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Can you think of a time you had to meet deadlines?" Or "How did you react when you had to work with a difficult coworker?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but I was making considerably less at the time and did not have a degree so the salary was not low for my expectations.

Fund Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Interview with HR over the phone and I was invited to Kansas City for in person interview within a week. After the interview, I was told HR will contact me for feedback. Five days later I received a call from HR with an offer. No room for negotiation on the salary! I went in few days afterwards to fill all the new hire paperwork and background check consent. Start date was a week later. The whole process took approximately 2 weeks before the start date.

Interview Questions
    • As a fresh college graduate there was not much question about past experiences but rather behavioral questions.
      Be confident and study the company business and product. The job description is a good start and some technical terms used in the Mutual Fund industry (Calculation of NAV, interest accruals, trade date and settlement date,..)

Answer Question