State Street Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.2

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I had a call two days after my submission of my application from the company's office in India. We scheduled an telephone interview 2-3 days after the call. They asked me about my experience in general and my career goals and what I am willing to achieve from this internship. She get surprised and she told me I am a perfect match for the position. One week after they start asking me from the office in London when I am available for an interview, I answer them I am free and available for them. They inform me that I have only 5 days left until they will choose the right candidate and if I still want the internship to come back in London. I explain them I was on vacations! Nevertheless, I came back and I went at the office at Canary Wharf for the interview. In the meantime I had a call from India and the recruiter explain me what will be about the interview. The interview was totally different of what they inform me and the duties of the summer internship change! Moreover, I was expecting to see only the hiring manager, but a person from HR came also!

Interview Questions

• What I 've done in each job position? And detailed explanation. What's I am willing to learn during the internship? 4 specific questions about my experience in some job that I was holding. And to answer if I create or reshape and implementation on any job position and to explain it in detailed.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online back in January. Standard internship application with cover letter. A month later, I was selected for a preliminary phone interview. Got a phone call from their Talent Acquisition team in India. Took 3 minutes. Very standard questions about long term goals, time at university etc. 6 weeks later and still no outcome. Contacted them and found out I had progressed to a second round telephone interview. Once again, outsourced to India. The interviewer literally just had a list of standard competency questions and a box to fill in. Had to talk very slowly over a muffled phone line and had chances to alter my answers at the end of each question. Might as well have just put them on the online application form. Once again, after no reply for another 6 weeks, I contacted them again to ask what the status of my application was. I found out I had progressed to the final interview stage which was a 1 on 1 interview in London. The whole thing was incredibly disorganised and I took another few weeks for them to actually schedule an interview, including being assigned into a division which I expressed no interest in joining. The final interview was very informal. Just a 15 minute chat, which makes me wonder whether the position was filled before I stepped into the interview room. It took another month of constant emailing in order to find out the result of my interview, which was inevitably unsuccessful. A couple of days after finding out the result, I was informed of a full time role which they thought would suit me, and which I expressed much interest in pursuing. After promising to send me the job spec and arrange an interview in the coming days, they did not contact me. After 2 weeks, I contacted them only to find out the position had closed the day before. I was thoroughly disappointed with the whole process. It smacked of incompetence and was extremely disorganised. It is upsetting to see such a respectable company outsourcing its recruitment process as it makes the whole process very confused and leads to misunderstandings between candidates and recruiters, as well as between State Street offices.

Stoak Loan, Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online. after a month or so got a call to arrange interview. on interview day first had around 30 minute with HR and then the manager of the team

Interview Questions

• HR person wanted to know about past roles, skills set, salary expectaion, reason for moving/looking   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Wrote a cover letter and sent in my CV, then got sent online maths tests. A few weeks later I had an offered for interview. It was a really good interview and the interviewer was able to create conversation rather than just sticking to specific questions. They said I would hear back within a week, but i didn't hear back for about 3 weeks, but that is probably because I didn't get the job.

Ims Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

simpe q&a. named working examples of when you have made improvements etc. Situation type questions what would you do if... Talked about your general work history and about yourself. A very easy standard interview. I really felt like I had over prepared.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

HR Screening call, interview with two managers (1 hour), plus half an hour with HR talent acquisition. Was told that I would be advised of their decision by the end of the following week, I followed up at the end of that week and was ignored.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by State Street in February for a official 1st round telephone interview in March for their 2 month internship program. They phoned me 2 weeks later telling me it was postponed and that I will hear from them again soon. Another 1 month (April) later I had to follow up and they informed me that my application was forwarded to the 6 month internship program starting in June. I was initially very happy but then by the month of May, they didn't get back to me. I always had to follow up with them. Really very unprofessional recruitment process and very misleading. Phone interview never materialised

Interview Questions

• Initial phone interview was pleasant and they asked simple questions about State Street and why you want to work for State Street and in which department   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview and a face to face interview with 2 juniors

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Placed CV on line and it was fished by State Street. contacted by HR by phone then called in for a competency based interview. The two people interviewing were very relaxed, but professional.They made it easy to talk and didn't mind when I wanted clarification. I was then offered the job, but they took ages to do checks and references! I'm glad I wasn't desperate for an immediate salary.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of an error made by you and what did you learn from it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Procrastinated

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

Initial communication and impressions were very good. I was very impressed by those who interviewed me.Which is just aswell as I work closely with both.

Interview Questions

• Describe an error you made.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As this was done through an agency it was a little slow but still it was a painless experience.