State Street

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details – phone and face to face.

Negotiation Details – do or die...take it or leave it kind.

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in April 2011.

Interview Details – New business opportunity generated several new positions. Very friendly and the head of the team conducted the interview. Relaxed yet a definite information sharing session. Come with your industry knowledge at your finger-tips, don't expect to just fluff it. Entry level positions used to include full training but no longer. This is the major sticking point with folks arriving on the floor - no consistency with the hiring process and it is either feast or famine. Perhaps laying off half the HR Department wasn't such a good move several years ago.

Interview Questions

• Questions about derrivatives pricing and products.   View Answer
  • Proprietory computer programs to support daily activity.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The interview was for a position that I was unqualified for. They would have hired me but I knew it wasn't right so pulled self from contention.

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1. HR called and requested I come in for an interview.
2. After some phone tag it was scheduled.
3.1 - Met with hiring manager and select staff one on one for a total of 2 hours.
3.2 - Met with hiring manager and select addtional staff
3.3 - Met with Managing Directors (2)
4 - Offer made

The company gave me a very positive impression as a whole. I understand that operations is not where people thrive, if you will. If you are able to grab a job in one of more desirable divisions do it. The people are bright and motivated.

Interview Question – What is an example where you have used measures to dictate the outcome of a situation? shortterm and longterm.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. I was employed so I did have leverage to use.

I was very direct in my questions. Will you cover lost tution reimbursement from my previous company? What is the max of the salary range? What can you give me as a signing bonus to offset my deffered comp?

London, England (UK)

The process took 3+ months - interviewed at State Street in June 2011.

Interview Details – Placed CV on line and it was fished by State Street. contacted by HR by phone then called in for a competency based interview. The two people interviewing were very relaxed, but professional.They made it easy to talk and didn't mind when I wanted clarification. I was then offered the job, but they took ages to do checks and references! I'm glad I wasn't desperate for an immediate salary.

Interview Question – Give me an example of an error made by you and what did you learn from it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Procrastinated

Officer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in July 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process went very well for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – the negotiation phase was fine.

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street Officer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.