State Street

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Officer Interview

Most interviews at State Street are pretty short and painless. You will have to meet with two people in the room. One person will most likely be more senior than the other and lead the dicusssion. There is a set list of standard HR questions that are supposed to be asked, but most interviewers have their own set of targeted questions to ask based on the group they are in.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an idea you came up with to improve a process in your current job [or at college]. How did you identify the need to improve? What approach did you take? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in June 2014.

2 Interviews. Met with employees. Took a quiz. Was interesting. Met with recruiter. Advised that I go in. Office space could be better.

phone and face to face.

do or die...take it or leave it kind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in April 2012.

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I discussed my resume and experience with 3 team members. The focus was more on what my skills are and if I would like to work on the project. Questions were mostly behavioral with some focus on how i would work on the project. After my initial 3 interviews, I was called in to talk with the SVP of the department. It was a good experience - some difficult questions regarding the project but mostly testing my fit and interest for the project.

Got another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in April 2011.

New business opportunity generated several new positions. Very friendly and the head of the team conducted the interview. Relaxed yet a definite information sharing session. Come with your industry knowledge at your finger-tips, don't expect to just fluff it. Entry level positions used to include full training but no longer. This is the major sticking point with folks arriving on the floor - no consistency with the hiring process and it is either feast or famine. Perhaps laying off half the HR Department wasn't such a good move several years ago.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about derrivatives pricing and products.   View Answer
    • Proprietory computer programs to support daily activity.   View Answer

The interview was for a position that I was unqualified for. They would have hired me but I knew it wasn't right so pulled self from contention.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in September 2009.

1. HR called and requested I come in for an interview.
    2. After some phone tag it was scheduled.
    3.1 - Met with hiring manager and select staff one on one for a total of 2 hours.
    3.2 - Met with hiring manager and select addtional staff
    3.3 - Met with Managing Directors (2)
    4 - Offer made

The company gave me a very positive impression as a whole. I understand that operations is not where people thrive, if you will. If you are able to grab a job in one of more desirable divisions do it. The people are bright and motivated.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example where you have used measures to dictate the outcome of a situation? shortterm and longterm.   Answer Question
    Yes. I was employed so I did have leverage to use.

I was very direct in my questions. Will you cover lost tution reimbursement from my previous company? What is the max of the salary range? What can you give me as a signing bonus to offset my deffered comp?

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in June 2011.

Placed CV on line and it was fished by State Street. contacted by HR by phone then called in for a competency based interview. The two people interviewing were very relaxed, but professional.They made it easy to talk and didn't mind when I wanted clarification. I was then offered the job, but they took ages to do checks and references! I'm glad I wasn't desperate for an immediate salary.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of an error made by you and what did you learn from it   Answer Question
    Procrastinated

Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in July 2009.

The hiring and interview process went very well for me.

Interview Questions
    the negotiation phase was fine.