State Street

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for the position and was contacted by the HR the next day to schedule an interview. I went to there and had interviews with a senior manager and two associates. I was scheduled to interview with another manager but he was in a meeting and was not able to. All took in one day that lasted about three hours.

Interview Question – Not much technical questions. It was mostly personality and straight forward questions about my background and resume.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very Easy going and open environment, no grilling.

Interview Question – Why State Street   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for position in KC, MO, along with a few others. I was notified a few days later to set up a phone interview, and the day before I sent in a resume and custom cover letter. I felt like I did very well with the HR manager, but I didn't find confirmation of the second round interview until a month later.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected, just information about your background, and mostly experiences found on resume. Asked what I knew about the position, and about the company in general.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was placed in a second interview a month later.

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in May 2010.

Interview Details – A group of interviewees was taken in to a room to hear a presentation and take a quick exam and then broken up to meet with managers.

Interview Question – Tell me when about your ability to work on a team?   View Answer

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!