State Street Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.5

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

I went to a career fair and submitted an application. Then, a week later had a phone interview and then went to an open house and interviewed with a hiring manager. I received an offer a few days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was very smooth, the questions were from past experience as well as what you can contribute to the overall vision of the team etc. The hiring committee were very focused and knew exactly what they wanted and also helped that they explained the team and requirements

Interview Questions

• How would you manage people that have more experience than you?   Answer Question

Manager - Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

The initial process was smooth and quick. I was contacted within a week of applying for the job and came in for an interview a few days later. The interview itself was very straightforward. I was asked about my management style and experience. They also ran me through a few different potential scenarios to see what my reaction would be. The entire interview took about 90 minutes. Overall up until this point everything was fine. I was told by the hiring manager that they wanted to make a decision quickly and would let me know within 3 weeks max. After waiting 4 weeks and not hearing back from HR I called the recruiter and asked her for a status as I had not heard anything. She said they still hadn't made a decision and would let me know soon. I waited another 4 weeks (so now its two months after the initial interview) and called the recruiter again. I was given the same generic answer that they are still working on it. I called again 3 weeks later to ask if State Street is still hiring for the position as it seemed to be taking an extremely long time to make a decision. She replied with the same answer as before and that she expected an answer very soon. After waiting for a little over 3 months I get an email (not even the courtesy of a phone call) to tell me that they decided to go with someone else. I really think this was unprofessional and there should have been more communication from State Street to myself as to what was happening. If this is how their hiring process goes I can only imagine working for them how many delays there must be with getting things done.

Interview Questions

• Explain what would you do if you asked your direct report to help you with something and they were resistant to helping you.   Answer Question