State Street

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair and submitted an application. Then, a week later had a phone interview and then went to an open house and interviewed with a hiring manager. I received an offer a few days later and accepted.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Manager - Operations Interview

Manager - Operations
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at State Street in July 2013.

Interview Details – The initial process was smooth and quick. I was contacted within a week of applying for the job and came in for an interview a few days later.

The interview itself was very straightforward. I was asked about my management style and experience. They also ran me through a few different potential scenarios to see what my reaction would be. The entire interview took about 90 minutes. Overall up until this point everything was fine. I was told by the hiring manager that they wanted to make a decision quickly and would let me know within 3 weeks max.

After waiting 4 weeks and not hearing back from HR I called the recruiter and asked her for a status as I had not heard anything. She said they still hadn't made a decision and would let me know soon. I waited another 4 weeks (so now its two months after the initial interview) and called the recruiter again. I was given the same generic answer that they are still working on it. I called again 3 weeks later to ask if State Street is still hiring for the position as it seemed to be taking an extremely long time to make a decision. She replied with the same answer as before and that she expected an answer very soon.

After waiting for a little over 3 months I get an email (not even the courtesy of a phone call) to tell me that they decided to go with someone else.

I really think this was unprofessional and there should have been more communication from State Street to myself as to what was happening. If this is how their hiring process goes I can only imagine working for them how many delays there must be with getting things done.

Interview Question – Explain what would you do if you asked your direct report to help you with something and they were resistant to helping you.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street Operations Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.