State Street Portfolio Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

2.6

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Interview

Pretty standard, walk me through your resume. What are you strengths and weaknesses, why state street. They also provided some more detail into the job to talk about the role and what the responsibilities would be. Nothing too out of the ordinary and was a quick process as well. Nothing too difficult, they seemed pretty desperate at the time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Street in July 2014.

Interview

It was pretty easy if you have leadership skills. Interviewed by two people. They were not intimating, very open and friendly. Interviewed took an hour. I was not interviewed by anyone on my team

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Pretty quick. It was only a week between the initial call and job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation really. They told me what the pay was and I went with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received an email three days later to schedule an interview for the following week. When I arrived, there were a dozen candidates interviewing for the same position. I met with two managers who were both very pleasant. They asked behavioral and situational questions. The entire process took less than an hour. Three weeks later I was contacted about a possible position that may be available down the road. Overall, pleasant but very long process to this point.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

At least two hiring manager would interview you. HR will call you back if they decided to give you an offer.

Interview Questions

• On some days, would you be able to come in at work at 6:00 AM to get the work done.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Could not negotiate salary.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy. I sent in my resume for a few different positions and within a few days I received a call from HR. I actually tried to defer my interviews until Jan '11, but I received an email and a call about having an interview set up with Institutional Investment Services for the following week. When I arrived at my interview, I met with 2 different people; one a lower level manager and then an AVP. They asked me fairly easy questions, nothing difficult at all other than weird behavioral questions and how my previous experience matches what they need. Both people were very pleasant to meet with. Within the next few weeks, I received a call with a job offer. I feel this place is a great start and if you don't get promoted within a 1 1/2 years, it's probably time to move on. Definitely a great place to get a big name on your resume and move on if you want to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the right candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about macros in Excel, and Excel in general?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was literally no negotiation...believe me, I tried. They are firm with their very stiff in the pockets offer, especially since it is because an entry level job...on top of that, the week I accepted the job they decided they want to lay off 1400 people.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

Fast and easy, they were expanding quickly

Negotiation

Negotiations are at a minimum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online for the position, they called me in about 5 days and had an unexpected phone interview. That consisted of general interview questions including some technical/Excel related questions. After about a week, they set up an in person interview which was with two managers. It consisted of mostly behavioral questions and took about 45 minutes. That was about a month ago and I am still waiting to hear back from them on their decision.

Interview Questions

• When did you solve a problem before it became a bigger problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Alameda, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 or 3 managers, typical "why do you want to work here" or "tell me about yourself" questions

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the school you went too?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Westwood, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

In August 2005, recent college grad, English major and had a referral from State Street HR rep. First interviewed at Quincy location and did not receive a job offer. Next, interview process lasted one day. Interviewed with HR rep, manager and officer in the unit I was applying to. Called by HR rep a week later and was offered 32K salary with benefits.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was zero negotiating and no discussion of salary during the interview process. Salary was offered by HR rep's phone call indicating the position was being offered.