State Street Portfolio Administrator Interview Questions & Reviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street in September 2010.

I wanted to share the story about the offer I got from State Street Corp when I was first hired in 2007. The offer was given over the phone, and the annual salary was disclosed. I then went into an HR office to sign the offer letter, but found that the annual salary listed on the letter was lower by 6.25%. I brought to the attention of the HR rep and she then brought in the lady who called me. She said she was sorry I "misheard" her, but what was in front of me was the offer. From the start, I knew this company was going to treat me like garbage, but I needed a job.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

The interview process is like many others, you must apply for the position and if selected you will have the initial interview with one to two supervisors usually on the same day. If management feels as though you are a good fit then HR will do a back ground & credit check & then you will be presented with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel as though the questions were difficult but you obviously want to think about some of them before answering them
      What sets you apart from another candidate with the same experience
      Have you ever had a problem with a co worker or manager and how did you work through it
      etc
        View Answer

Portfolio Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in July 2011.

They needed someone to in their team asap. So i got lucky, the interview was about 20 mins. Went over some basic behavorial questions. Pretty easy.

No negotiation.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!