State Street

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Portfolio Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Initiated by phone call after submitting resume followed by an interview with a minimum of 2 managers depending on the position. Process was friendly and not intimidating. Questions were pretty basic centered on problem solving and computer literacy (Excel knowledge is a big plus!)

Interview Questions
  • Describe in depth one difficult business related problem or project you encountered in a past experiences and how you overcame it.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

The interview process is like many others, you must apply for the position and if selected you will have the initial interview with one to two supervisors usually on the same day. If management feels as though you are a good fit then HR will do a back ground & credit check & then you will be presented with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel as though the questions were difficult but you obviously want to think about some of them before answering them
      What sets you apart from another candidate with the same experience
      Have you ever had a problem with a co worker or manager and how did you work through it
      etc

View Answer

Portfolio Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in July 2011.

They needed someone to in their team asap. So i got lucky, the interview was about 20 mins. Went over some basic behavorial questions. Pretty easy.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street in September 2010.

I wanted to share the story about the offer I got from State Street Corp when I was first hired in 2007. The offer was given over the phone, and the annual salary was disclosed. I then went into an HR office to sign the offer letter, but found that the annual salary listed on the letter was lower by 6.25%. I brought to the attention of the HR rep and she then brought in the lady who called me. She said she was sorry I "misheard" her, but what was in front of me was the offer. From the start, I knew this company was going to treat me like garbage, but I needed a job.