Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street
- Fund Accountant (68)
- Fund Accountant, Associate I (44)
- Intern (33)
- Pricing Specialist (19)
- Portfolio Accountant (14)
- Senior Associate (11)
- Associate I (11)
- Business Analyst (11)
- Financial Analyst (10)
- Fund Administrator (10)
- Fund Accountant Associate I (9)
- Quantitative Analyst (9)
- Fund Administrator - Associate II (8)
- Officer (8)
- Associate (7)
- Professional Development Program (7)
- Fund Accountant Associate II (7)
- Custody Specialist (7)
- Accounting Specialist (6)
- Analyst (6)
- Associate II (6)
- Operations Associate (5)
- Summer Intern (5)
- PDP (5)
- Future Focus Program (5)
- Vice President (4)
- Bank Loan Specialist (4)
- Summer (4)
- Portfolio Administrator (4)
- Performance Analyst (4)
Portfolio Administrator Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.
Initiated by phone call after submitting resume followed by an interview with a minimum of 2 managers depending on the position. Process was friendly and not intimidating. Questions were pretty basic centered on problem solving and computer literacy (Excel knowledge is a big plus!)
- Describe in depth one difficult business related problem or project you encountered in a past experiences and how you overcame it. 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for State Street
Portfolio Administrator InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA).
The interview process is like many others, you must apply for the position and if selected you will have the initial interview with one to two supervisors usually on the same day. If management feels as though you are a good fit then HR will do a back ground & credit check & then you will be presented with an offer.
- I didn't feel as though the questions were difficult but you obviously want to think about some of them before answering them What sets you apart from another candidate with the same experience Have you ever had a problem with a co worker or manager and how did you work through it etc 1 Answer
Portfolio Administrative InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in July 2011.
They needed someone to in their team asap. So i got lucky, the interview was about 20 mins. Went over some basic behavorial questions. Pretty easy.
- Tell me about yourself? Answer Question
Portfolio Administrator InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in September 2010.
I wanted to share the story about the offer I got from State Street Corp when I was first hired in 2007. The offer was given over the phone, and the annual salary was disclosed. I then went into an HR office to sign the offer letter, but found that the annual salary listed on the letter was lower by 6.25%. I brought to the attention of the HR rep and she then brought in the lady who called me. She said she was sorry I "misheard" her, but what was in front of me was the offer. From the start, I knew this company was going to treat me like garbage, but I needed a job.
- Offer figure bait and switch Answer Question
Portfolio Administrator InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I interviewed at State Street (Kilkenny (Ireland)) in December 2014.
I was given 2 phone interviews. In the first interview I was asked some simple questions regarding my previous work experience, what I knew about state street and some basic finance questions. In the second interview it was much the same but this time I was also asked about excel and was given some behavioral questions to answer.
- What excel functions do you know? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review