State Street

2.3

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street.

if youre an intern u will get a job regardless as a pricing specialist. all u will do is push buttons. plus turnover is so high that they will hire anyone. even the vp asked an intern if he has a friend that wants to intern.

Interview Questions
told them thier rivalry giving more more so they give me more

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Street in November 2013.

Received email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of personality and fit-based questions, with a more detailed description of the position being offered. In person interview was scheduled for the following week in Sacramento office. This interview had a few technical questions about describing a bond or defining a Net Asset Value, but nothing too challenging. Also asked about long term career plans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Street.

After applying online I received a phone call in the following days asking a few basic questions. A few days later I received a call back asking to schedule an interview. I had the interview with 2 people. They essentially asked all behavioral questions. After the interview was over they said they would call back -- they didn't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street in October 2013.

I had a phone interview in which the interviewer briefly went over my resume. I then went to the office where I did 2 sets of interviews, with 2 interviewers on each panel. The questions were all standard behavioral questions, nothing too complicated. 2 weeks late I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were standard behavioral questions. None of them stuck out to me as difficult, however they were very by the book in what they wanted. Be prepared to be detailed when describing your actions in certain situations, as well as letting the interview know what you were able to take away from each situation.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. The starting salary was set at $35,000.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in August 2013.

Behavioral questions

Non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in November 2012.

30 minute phone screen asking some basic behavioral questions, e.g. tell me a time you had to present data that people relied on. Then an in person interview: Two 2:1 interviews back to back, asking basic behavioral/situational questions, e.g. tell me about a time you struggled to meet deadlines. They asked similar questions, but not the same. There were a couple technical questions, e.g. what is the difference between a bond and a stock? What is NAV? How do you calculate it? What is a mutual fund?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you helped someone else even though you were struggling with your own commitments.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Start date flexible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Street.

phone interview followed by one on one interview with account managers. was suppose to know the outcome of the interview within two weeks. Took a bit longer as I did not hear back from them for over a month. Paper work had to be approved by corporate then one week later got a job offer. After that background checks are preformed.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time you had to think outside the box to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    Absolutly no negotiating!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in May 2012.

2 interviews, one over the phone one in person. Phone interview is extremely basic and easy, no real challenging questions besides why this industry. In person interview consisted of preset questions that were on a sheet of paper. Pretty basic interview w/ one person. Another person came in later to observe.

Interview Questions
    They called over the phone and offered me the job w/in the next 24 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in March 2012.

No communication. Very back and forth with too much time in between responses. Asked two months after their initial response back if I could get the internship. Recruiter said sure, offered me an internship the next day. Pretty unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in April 2011.

I applied online and recieved a call for a phone interview which consisted of behavioral questions which are relatively easy if you prepare for them. The in person interview was 4 days later and it was 1on2. 2 weeks later they called and said they went with another candidate who was more familiar with their systems. I was asked if i wanted another interview for Fund Acocuntant and I accepted. I will be interviewing again in a couple of weeks. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you took initiative during a difficult task.   View Answer