State Street

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Street in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round is campus interview. The interview goes for 30 minutes (10 minutes talking about myself, 15 minutes conducting a case study, 5 min asking questions). Second round is phone interview is given by employees from the specific track that I applied.

Interview Question – Why this specific track? Since I could not remember which one I applied...It has been three months since I applied.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Street in October 2012.

Interview Details – First interview on campus completely resume based and behavioral
- Why are you interested in Global Markets?

HR is a complete joke here. Extremely understaffed and the interview process as a result is incredibly slow moving. Was contacted about 2nd round one month after first-- this round is with someone in the group you're interviewing for and is more technical/markets based.
- When have you used quant analysis

Interview Question – see above   Answer Question

Professional Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of standard questions about background, relevant experience, and personal strengths and weaknesses. Details about the program, salary, location and duration were also provided. Interviewer actually called half an hour earlier than scheduled time for phone interview and that caught me off guard.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street Professional Development Program interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.