State Street Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.8

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I talked with two quantitative analysts in the team. They were both very nice. Mostly the interview is about my research projects. After the interview, they sent me a dataset about foreign exchange market and some related questions. I didn't start working on the test right away. Guess that is one of the reasons I never heard from them afterwards.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

A brief phone interview first. Then two VPs interview for about 1h. All technical questions, no behavior questions. I can't answer most of them. Feel sorry about the two interviewers. They must think they were wasting time. If you're not good at statistics( like me), don't apply for it.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Phone interview followed by a in person interview at their offices. At the offices, the interview was 1 on 1, but with multiple people. In general everyone has a positive attitude. They ask questions, both technical and about your background. They all seem like they are highly intelligent people.

Interview Questions
    • On a linear regression, if one new variable is added, and that variable is highly correlated to another, will the t-test statistic will go up or down?   View Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street.

phone interview: started with a brief description of the role, the culture,... Then moved on to a lot of technical questions (statistics, time series and programming). The questions were fairly basic but you need to brush up on these subjects if you are a little rusty.
    I got the results really quickly after that

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in May 2011.

The interview is based on personal experience and mostly intelligence test. The interviewer would post out many math, probability question and fiance concepts for your explanation. Also, you will be asked about your degree, knowledge set and technical parts.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Street in October 2008.

Initial phone interview was just a get to know you type conversation. Very easy. I was asked to go in for an in-person interview next.

Interview Questions
    • I have a fair coin. I play a game where I start flipping the coin and I win when I get two heads in a row. What is the expected number of flips for me to win the game ?   View Answers (2)