State Street Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.6

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

I talked with two quantitative analysts in the team. They were both very nice. Mostly the interview is about my research projects. After the interview, they sent me a dataset about foreign exchange market and some related questions. I didn't start working on the test right away. Guess that is one of the reasons I never heard from them afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a finance background?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

A brief phone interview first. Then two VPs interview for about 1h. All technical questions, no behavior questions. I can't answer most of them. Feel sorry about the two interviewers. They must think they were wasting time. If you're not good at statistics( like me), don't apply for it.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by a in person interview at their offices. At the offices, the interview was 1 on 1, but with multiple people. In general everyone has a positive attitude. They ask questions, both technical and about your background. They all seem like they are highly intelligent people.

Interview Questions

• On a linear regression, if one new variable is added, and that variable is highly correlated to another, will the t-test statistic will go up or down?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

There was only one phone interview with a VP on the team, they mentioned that they wanted me to meet with more people but for timing reasons they skipped forward to making an offer relatively quickly. In general they were very nice and helpful, certainly open to answering all sorts of questions about the nature of the work.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions about the mean-variance optimization framework and explaining the intuition and inputs to the Markowitz model. They also asked about the definition of value at risk.

Some very standard "tell me about a time when" questions about prior work experience as well as questions about my interest in the job

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

did one hour academia presentation, meeting different people (each for 30 to 35 mins), have a great lunch with people, pretty nice and professional people and they indeed asked very insightful questions

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

phone interview: started with a brief description of the role, the culture,... Then moved on to a lot of technical questions (statistics, time series and programming). The questions were fairly basic but you need to brush up on these subjects if you are a little rusty.
    I got the results really quickly after that

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in May 2011.

Interview

The interview is based on personal experience and mostly intelligence test. The interviewer would post out many math, probability question and fiance concepts for your explanation. Also, you will be asked about your degree, knowledge set and technical parts.

Interview Questions

• What's the three concept of GDP   1 Answer
    • Please describe you in one adj.   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Street in October 2008.

Interview

Initial phone interview was just a get to know you type conversation. Very easy. I was asked to go in for an in-person interview next.

Interview Questions

• I have a fair coin. I play a game where I start flipping the coin and I win when I get two heads in a row. What is the expected number of flips for me to win the game ?   2 Answers