State Street

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details – phone interview: started with a brief description of the role, the culture,... Then moved on to a lot of technical questions (statistics, time series and programming). The questions were fairly basic but you need to brush up on these subjects if you are a little rusty.
I got the results really quickly after that

Interview Question – How many sharks are there in the Pacific Ocean?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview is based on personal experience and mostly intelligence test. The interviewer would post out many math, probability question and fiance concepts for your explanation. Also, you will be asked about your degree, knowledge set and technical parts.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Street in October 2008.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was just a get to know you type conversation. Very easy. I was asked to go in for an in-person interview next.

Interview Question – I have a fair coin. I play a game where I start flipping the coin and I win when I get two heads in a row. What is the expected number of flips for me to win the game ?   View Answers (2)

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!