State Street Interview Questions & Reviews in Quincy, MA

2.3

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Services Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2013.

2 phone conversations with a recruiter. 2 Behavioral interviews with senior associates and 1 with assistant vice president. Nothing too complicated, just standard 'what did you/would you do in this situation' and 'tell me more about your involvement with <item on resume' questions. Simple enough if you're prepared

Interview Questions
    • Nothing came across as difficult or unexpected. Behavioral interviews are generally just a get to know you conversation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in August 2010.

The interview process was very informal. They mostly ask about time management, attention to details and ability to work as a team. I met with several different people from the team. They were very informative about the role.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions - they train all entry level team members   Answer Question

Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street.

if youre an intern u will get a job regardless as a pricing specialist. all u will do is push buttons. plus turnover is so high that they will hire anyone. even the vp asked an intern if he has a friend that wants to intern.

Interview Questions
    told them thier rivalry giving more more so they give me more

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in February 2010.

got an interview through career services at my college. was interviewed by an random employee that was reading off of a general interview print out. i could tell she doesn't typically conduct interviews. interviewer was friendly

i might have been able to negotiate but i was unaware. coming straight out of college i thought the salary was fair

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at State Street in August 2012.

Two interviews. Both with Assistant Vice Presidents. Interview questions were technical as they referred to the subject matter but most questions are behavioral.

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

The interview process is like many others, you must apply for the position and if selected you will have the initial interview with one to two supervisors usually on the same day. If management feels as though you are a good fit then HR will do a back ground & credit check & then you will be presented with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel as though the questions were difficult but you obviously want to think about some of them before answering them
      What sets you apart from another candidate with the same experience
      Have you ever had a problem with a co worker or manager and how did you work through it
      etc
        View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

interviewed at State Street in June 2009.

I interviewed with two people for this position. It was pretty in tense and I thought I had the job. I was passed up for someone with more experience. The culture seemed very friend and the company was in a growth and hire phase.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years   View Answer

Client Operations Administrative, Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street in July 2013.

Received call from HR and scheduled for an interview. Met with the AVP and VP and had a 40 mins interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you need to think outside the box   Answer Question
    There's no room for negotiation in this company. "Take it or leave it"

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at State Street.

I was hired eight years ago, and i had to go through a temp agencies before becoming permanent

Interview Questions
    unfortunately i didn't know i could negotiation, i was young, just out of college

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Street in February 2009.

Interviewed with multipe individuals in the department in addition to HR

Interview Questions

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!