State Street

State Street Interview Questions in Quincy, MA

2.3

Client Services Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in June 2014.

I only went on one interview that was set up by my recruiter. It was a fairly simple process. I got a slight tour of the building at first and then we sat in the conference room on the floor that the hiring manager worked on. We had a little small talk and then went over my resume and what the job I was applying for entailed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you worked on.   View Answer

Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street.

if youre an intern u will get a job regardless as a pricing specialist. all u will do is push buttons. plus turnover is so high that they will hire anyone. even the vp asked an intern if he has a friend that wants to intern.

Interview Questions
    told them thier rivalry giving more more so they give me more

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

The interview process is like many others, you must apply for the position and if selected you will have the initial interview with one to two supervisors usually on the same day. If management feels as though you are a good fit then HR will do a back ground & credit check & then you will be presented with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel as though the questions were difficult but you obviously want to think about some of them before answering them
      What sets you apart from another candidate with the same experience
      Have you ever had a problem with a co worker or manager and how did you work through it
      etc

View Answer

Client Operations Administrative, Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Street in July 2013.

Received call from HR and scheduled for an interview. Met with the AVP and VP and had a 40 mins interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you need to think outside the box   Answer Question
    There's no room for negotiation in this company. "Take it or leave it"

Client Services Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in June 2013.

2 phone conversations with a recruiter. 2 Behavioral interviews with senior associates and 1 with assistant vice president. Nothing too complicated, just standard 'what did you/would you do in this situation' and 'tell me more about your involvement with <item on resume' questions. Simple enough if you're prepared

Interview Questions
    • Nothing came across as difficult or unexpected. Behavioral interviews are generally just a get to know you conversation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

I was hired eight years ago, and i had to go through a temp agencies before becoming permanent

Interview Questions
    unfortunately i didn't know i could negotiation, i was young, just out of college

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Street in August 2012.

Two interviews. Both with Assistant Vice Presidents. Interview questions were technical as they referred to the subject matter but most questions are behavioral.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in December 2010.

They're basically looking for a live body. If you are reasonably articulate, demonstrate a basic general competency, and are somewhat personable, you will likely be hired. No particular prior experience is necessary, although having an interesting background will likely help you get hired. My managers told me I was hired mostly because they were curious about me.

Interview Questions
    • They don't ask trick questions. They really are just making sure you're capable of interacting with people.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. They give you terms, and you may either accept or not. I ended up working 6 am to 2:45, for $30,000/year, no overtime, no bonus, 40 miles from where I lived (10 miles from what I thought I was applying for). I was told the hours I would be working on my first day, not before.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in August 2010.

The interview process was very informal. They mostly ask about time management, attention to details and ability to work as a team. I met with several different people from the team. They were very informative about the role.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions - they train all entry level team members   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in February 2010.

got an interview through career services at my college. was interviewed by an random employee that was reading off of a general interview print out. i could tell she doesn't typically conduct interviews. interviewer was friendly

i might have been able to negotiate but i was unaware. coming straight out of college i thought the salary was fair