State Street

State Street Summer Intern Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Street.

I obtained this job through a recruiter at my school. The process is brief, only including a application 1:1 interview and then a group interview. MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR HOMEWORK on this company they ask alot of "why us" questions

Better offer

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street in April 2012.

The company recruited through my university. The first step was a phone interview with HR from California. The questions asked were not difficult; she asked about my favorite/least favorite classes, what my strengths/weaknesses were, etc. The second interview was at the Kansas City office. Each person interviewing for an internship was seated at a table with 2 managers from the company. The managers asked behavioral questions that weren't too difficult. They were very conversational and friendly. Overall, pretty low-stress interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe someone who was difficult to work with during a project and how you resolved this.   Answer Question

Low pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in May 2010.

I went in for a 45 minute interview and spoke with two people at the same time. Very general questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is one word you would use to describe yourself?   View Answer
    Offer given a few days after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street in May 2009.

I was referred by an Employee of the firm. I interviews with two people. One was the hiring manager, and the other was one of the people I would be working with. They asked me a few things about my resume, some quick technical questions. Then they asked me about finance questions. An average interview if you ask me.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Portfolio Management/Theory?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in November 2010.

I applied through the website. I was called for a phone interview which took about 30 minutes. It was mostly mental calculations and probability questions, followed by second interview which was harder math problems.

Interview Questions
    • Mental math questions - what is 43 * 37, 71 * 39 , Integer portion of square root of 2000   View Answer
    • When you roll a dice, what is expected value , How does the expected value change when you have option to roll once, twice, thrice , n-times   View Answer