State Street

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in February 2011.

Interview Details – Good process, wanted examples with lots of details. Experience in customer service helped.

Interview Question – Specifics to the business that I wasn't familiar with -   Answer Question

Quincy, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Street in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with multipe individuals in the department in addition to HR

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in August 2009.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by Talent Acquisition group based upon employee referral. Initial 30 minute interview with Talent Acquisition rep consisted of a brief review of the organizational structure and an overview of benefits. Proceeded to interview with hiring manager, which lasted about 30 minutes. General questions were asked. Hiring manager was comfortable with my background based upon referral from another employee. Interviewed with Department Head and two other members of department. Standard interview questions asked, including "So why are you the right person for the job?".

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked. Very routine interview.   View Answer

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!