State of Alabama

Profile Unclaimed

State of Alabama Interview Questions

3.5

Employment Security Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at State of Alabama.

Hiring process is long. It really depends on the department and type of position that you are applying for. My experience was about 6 months. I applied in May. Took test in June. Interviewed in December. Started working mid December.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any questions during the interview process   Answer Question
    No negotiation was available.

Juvenile Probation Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State of Alabama.

interview with juvenile judge

no negotiations

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of Alabama in February 2013.

This was a promotional position. I was asked some standard interview questions.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscle Shoals, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscle Shoals, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Alabama in April 2012.

Asked a lot of scenario questions

None

Social Services Caseworker Interview

Pretty easy interview, I was asked if I am comfortable going into "crack houses", how I dealt with difficult people, I was asked to provide examples of difficult situations I had been in. They talked about the daily job duties of the social workers. It wasn't intimidating, I felt somewhat led through the interview so it was easy to figure out whet they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. I guess the most unexpected question was to give an example of dealling with a difficult or rude person.   Answer Question

Education and Training Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Alabama in January 2008.

Disorganized...Should have been a clue to what organization was going ti be like. Interview was a "panel" of interviewers. If you have not previously worked for an agency of the state, takes a lot of getting use to. Everything is political.

Interview Questions
    • What is your previous experience in education and/or training?   Answer Question
    Never take the first offer...Always negotiate.